FM13

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

jamesie

Re: FM13

Post by jamesie »

LeeWHU88 wrote:Have a look at the post match analysis...
Cheers fella! I'd already started moving in that direction, switched from 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-2-1 with two wingers and started doing a bit better but they're still blazing it all over the place so I'll give your other tips a try and let you know how I get on. :thup:
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
BPRIGGSC

Post by BPRIGGSC »

CM 01-02 is much better. I just downloaded the September 2012 from champman0102.com, they have new owners and it is absolutely class!
eddcunningham

Post by eddcunningham »

For those of the Mac persuasion: There's an experimental version of iFMRTE available.

However, there doesn't seem to be the ability (yet) to edit the debt or make the David's Sugar Daddies.
You can still make basic changes to things like players and general finances.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

BPRIGGSC wrote:CM 01-02 is much better. I just downloaded the September 2012 from champman0102.com, they have new owners and it is absolutely class!
You have a pm

:think:
Goldsmith

Post by Goldsmith »

I knew this time would come eventually... My Macbook is too old to run Football Manager! (Going to have to pay £20 to upgrade it to Snow Leapard)
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Started a new game with West Ham, and managed to guide us to 7th in 1st season.

Pissed me off that my initial budget for the new season has been set at £181k, who am I meant to buy with that for f*** sake.
szola
Has liked: 584 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by szola »

My initial budget was £0.

I had to let Carroll go in order to bring in some backroom staff.
Still in my first year, haven't signed or loaned a player.
Cannot afford, I need to spend on new contracts.

Apart from Hall, Spence and Potts, do we have any good youngsters who could benefit from a loan or some playing time?
jamesie

Post by jamesie »

jamesie wrote:
Cheers fella! I'd already started moving in that direction, switched from 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-2-1 with two wingers and started doing a bit better but they're still blazing it all over the place so I'll give your other tips a try and let you know how I get on. :thup:
The answer is I got on much better - 2 trebles in 2 years, now starting to look to move to Scotland or England and make the big bucks!

Been mainly using 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 but cutting down long shots and a bit of tinkering worked wonders, still use the 4-1-2-2-1 with inside forwards or wingers as well. Now I'm struggling to put together a decent defensive tactic. I've not really needed one before but I'd like to get one in the locker for European games.
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Good to hear Jamesie, I've been using that tactic with West Ham and have so far finished 7th and 8th, with a bit of class added the tactic has potential to work well in England.
szola wrote:My initial budget was £0.

I had to let Carroll go in order to bring in some backroom staff.
Still in my first year, haven't signed or loaned a player.
Cannot afford, I need to spend on new contracts.

Apart from Hall, Spence and Potts, do we have any good youngsters who could benefit from a loan or some playing time?
Not really mate, I've had Spence playing 1st team football for 2 seasons now and my coaches still believe that he's only a decent Championship player. Hall has done ok for me but now I've bought some quality in he's dropped down to a back up player. Potts hasn't progressed much either but he hasn't played for me much and the only clubs coming in for him have been League 1 or 2. Training helps out a lot with youth players but I can't work out this years training.

An update on my game, Finished 8th in 2nd season, pissed me off as I finished 7th last season and missed out on Europe due to the cups and this year I finished 8th and 7th got Europe, knocked out by Villa in the FA Cup semi final, and lost in the 4th round of the Carling Cup to Arsenal.

Was given £20.7m budget so got Steven Fletcher for £6.5m and Sebastian Corchia for £2.5m, Carroll back on loan for a 3rd season and Groskruetz on loan for a 2nd season from Dortmund. Already got Butland for £4m from Brum and Didac for £3.5m from AC.Milan in the January window so haven't had to spend a shed load of cash.
jamesie

Post by jamesie »

Quit Linfield so I could move to the mainland and get the big bucks... wound up at Grimsby after being turned down by approximately 30 other clubs... :oops:
Bzzz

Post by Bzzz »

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek ... 3&aspect=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A good laugh for those struggling with all the features in FM 13
Eastleigh Hammer

Post by Eastleigh Hammer »

LeeWHU88 wrote:Started a new game with West Ham, and managed to guide us to 7th in 1st season.

Pissed me off that my initial budget for the new season has been set at £181k, who am I meant to buy with that for **** sake.
I've had the exact same issue. Managed to guide West Ham into Europe in my first season by the skin of my teeth and now have a minuscule squad for a massive campaign. I can't believe how stingy they've set the owners!
szola
Has liked: 584 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by szola »

The challanges are good fun :thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Bzzz wrote:A good laugh for those struggling with all the features in FM 13
Kevin Toms' finest hour.
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Its actually a really good idea. It'd never work but there is something to be said for a nostalgia management game.

I'd love to manage the 1995 Fiorentina team.

I reckon that article will catch plenty of people though.