Fifa 16...first details

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

a86

Re: Fifa 16...first details

Post by a86 »

CentenaryUpperHammer wrote:I'm reluctant to spend money on FUT.

How are you guys getting on? How much have you coughed up if any?

My team is:

-------------------------Carroll----------------------------
Rodriguez ----------------------------Townsend
------Shelvey-----Gardner---?? (Forgot)
Bertrand------Dann-----Shawcross---Ward
-----------------------Forster--------------------------

Tempted to try starting from fresh - is that possible? And try to earn as many coins as possible before having to play online. Made it up a division online but just don't know how to get the funds to improve my squad.

Townsend and Rodriguez putting balls into Carroll seems a winning combo...Shelvey picks up the knock downs well.
do all the manager tasks and when you complete you get a free gold pack.
beat the team of the season.
use Loan Deals! (Costa, Rondon, De Gea, all available)
use your EA points (press R3 and go to the shopping cart) and get the bonus coins onto your FUT coins (200 for 5 games, 1000 for 10 games etc)

loads of ways to get coins. :tune:
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

I did the same dude. I've 30k odd coins spare at the mo and a half decent team. I refuse to spend any dough on packs tho. The games just too random with the scripting etc to bother spending actual cash on it.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

GingerJohn wrote:I did the same dude. I've 30k odd coins spare at the mo and a half decent team. I refuse to spend any dough on packs tho. The games just too random with the scripting etc to bother spending actual cash on it.
you always have coins!!! lol I am struggling again with coins but trying to get payet at all costs
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

Short again ?. Didn't I give you 20k to get Remy last year ?. With interest that's gotta be well over 500k by now dude 8-)
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

GingerJohn wrote:Short again ?. Didn't I give you 20k to get Remy last year ?. With interest that's gotta be well over 500k by now dude 8-)
I called one of those debt companies and got it written off after paying the minimum 5k
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

Worked for Neil Ruddock :thup:
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

GingerJohn wrote:Worked for Neil Ruddock :thup:
Do you find the prices are well ott this year? Payet 15k lukuku 15k lamelA like 6!
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Cheers guys!

Just nabbed Bolasie on a loan and also a points booster :thup:

Just witnessed my first real scripting incident online. Managed to get 2-0 up against a guy who was either really poor or not paying attention at all. Got to around the 70th minute and every 2nd ball was falling to him. Bolasie was being out paced and muscled by his right back with absolute ease. Stonewall penalty for me - nothing given. My defender runs into his and he gets a penalty. Quite annoying.

Managed to nab Ings & Lallana also who look pretty decent.

King of draws at the moment...need to convert more chances but for the first Fifa I've played or 3 or 4 years, I'm slowly getting there.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

CentenaryUpperHammer wrote:Cheers guys!

Just nabbed Bolasie on a loan and also a points booster :thup:

Just witnessed my first real scripting incident online. Managed to get 2-0 up against a guy who was either really poor or not paying attention at all. Got to around the 70th minute and every 2nd ball was falling to him. Bolasie was being out paced and muscled by his right back with absolute ease. Stonewall penalty for me - nothing given. My defender runs into his and he gets a penalty. Quite annoying.

Managed to nab Ings & Lallana also who look pretty decent.

King of draws at the moment...need to convert more chances but for the first Fifa I've played or 3 or 4 years, I'm slowly getting there.
I love Ings. Very decent. Got lallana find him pretty useless tbh.. I play Lanzini over him at times.. The more you go up level wise the more you can unlock for loans.. I have like Hazard, Cazola, Bolasie, Rondon , ronaldo to name just a few on loan its useful when your every loosing and throw them on at the end or its a must win game you can spice your team up.

Worked hard all night won division 7. After using Rondon on loan for most of the season (including when I went down to 10 men at 1-0 down after 20 mins) I brought him on to play up top alone.. he is this years Lukuku on that game.. cheap but really good.. pace and power perfect. So I nabbed him. But not before finally getting Payet for 12k!
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

DONT BUY AUSTIN.... Hes dogshit :lol:
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

FIFA Ultimate Team has to be the most flawed gaming mode that's ever existed hasn't it? :lol: it's so obviously scripted!

Iv spent about £50 of my own money as I tend to each year to get myself started then spend no more! I didn't really get anyone special Douglas Costa was about as good as it got! Managed to accumulate about 300k!

Had a team which had Rakitic Benzema Iniesta Konoplyanka etc etc etc I went on an obscene losing streak where I got relegated 2 divisions to division 5 opposition keepers having unbelievable games teams shooting 3 times and winning 3 - 2!

Binned off that team and just bought the whole West Ham squad! Since then it's been brilliant! Michail Antonio and Victor Moses putting the balls in to Andy Carroll and Iv won a fair few! What I can't understand is when I play the likes of Kyle Knoyle my team is rated at around 75 but I'm put up against teams rated around 83! Could they not implement a system like seasons where you play a team of a similar level to make things more even?

Also Kouyate is the worse passer Iv ever seen on any FIFA it's almost comical!

Oh and what's with the penalties there's at least one penalty in around 90% of the games I play its unrealistic
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

£50? ur mad!!!

kouyate isnt bad its the game.. song and cabaye even cant pass properly on this game
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Mumbles, it's my birthday a week or so before release and usually have a bit of birthday money kicking around that I don't know what to do with! Iv got mates that spend hundreds it can get out of hand!

I will probably end up getting Pes or Madden 16 as the scripting will get boring in the end!

Your not wrong there the passing goes to whoever FIFA wants to win!
Crouching Peeky
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Crouching Peeky »

HammerPDC wrote:I will probably end up getting Madden 16
Without wanting to hijack the wrong thread - I've had Madden 16 for about 3 weeks and it is brilliant. Absolutely loving it - annoyed I wasted £45 getting FIFA as I've hardly played it because I don't want to put JM16 down
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 231 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

What wingers/wide midfielders are people going with? I'm building my team from the back, I've got my defense sorted for the time being... I'm thinking of Willian for out on the right as he was amazing last year. I like players with a lot of pace and guile. Any suggestions?
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

The scripting has just hit big time and is making this seriously pointless/boring already.

Got promoted to 6 in consecutive seasons easily. But as I (so called) 'upgrade' my players I don't get worse but the opponents goalkeepers gets stupidly better. I beat teams with much better players than me but lose to teams with shat in them. I'm now on the verge of being forced in to relegation. Lose 5 on the spin despite previously being on a very good winning streak.

My last 5 games shots on target have been.....

Me:19 them:2 lost one nil to a dodgy penalty.

Me:9 them:0 lost to a kick off glitch goal where it doesn't let you tackle them. Shot was deflected in as well.

Me:14 them: 3 (lost 2 nil)

Me:17 them:2 (lost 3 nil)

Me: 11: them: 2 (lost 1 nil)

No exaggeration but all there goals were balls bouncing off my players in midfield or my defenders tackling me. The replays never show the deliberate scripted f*** up tho, it always starts just after the bit that was out of your control. These games and all this 'let's level the playing field' b*llocks is seriously taking its toll now. It's pointless and a complete waste of time playing a game that's already decided you're going to lose before kick off
Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 73 likes

Post by Whitters »

I had a few games last night and the inconsistency of the performance of the players was alarming.....some games they seemed to have a spring in their step, would make intelligent runs and pass well, the next game they seemed to be running in velcro bottomed shoes, had the turning circle of an oil tanker and couldn't/wouldn't make a tackle.

Admittedly some of the online players I played against seemed pretty good and so I expect to be beaten and don't mind this as I know I'm not a great player compared to many, but the players all seemed to have reduced performance compared to the previous game.
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

There's so many games where your players just stop moving off the ball. You'll throw it out to a defender and there's an opposition player in front of everyone of your players. You end up hoofing it of playing it back & forth to the keeper. They can only use 1 player Ffs so how are they all cutting out every possible passing lane?, and your players don't even move to help you out. Then other games your lot will be running off the ball making space.....These are the games EA has you down as a win in. Headbanger
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

HammerPDC wrote:FIFA Ultimate Team has to be the most flawed gaming mode that's ever existed hasn't it? it's so obviously scripted!
Like you, I went on a losing run of massive proportions (but on FIFA 14) coincidentally dropping from Div 2 to Div 5 and losing game after game after game.

That night, FIFA rage got me - I ejected the disc and literally snapped it in half. :lol:

When you talk about scripting, people always look at you like you're just **** at the game and making excuses but when you play it constantly, you can so clearly see and feel things that influence a match.

It's infuriating but I always end up going back!
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

simonpaulthomas wrote:What wingers/wide midfielders are people going with? I'm building my team from the back, I've got my defense sorted for the time being... I'm thinking of Willian for out on the right as he was amazing last year. I like players with a lot of pace and guile. Any suggestions?

Shaqiri is immense.