What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by djclipz »

^ are you using a wheel?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

djclipz wrote:^ are you using a wheel?
I am not - should I be?

On a side note, I've got my PS4 streaming to my w10 laptop, and I have to say, it is most impressive - pretty much lag-free (both devices are wired and connected to my router via power line adapters) even at 720p. Means I can have the PS4 connected to the living room telly, and if I want to play on another tv in the house I can just plug my laptop hdmi cable into it.
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

No idea personally, but I have read a lot of people moaning saying it is crap with a controller and was built for a wheel. Which to be fair, you could probably say about every driving game. The general consensus seems to be originally it was almost unplayable with a pad, but they have since patched it to at least improve it somewhat.

I've got it too, just haven't fired it up yet. I'm also in two minds if I should get a wheel as I do enjoy my racing games.
Chimera
Has liked: 69 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chimera »

New Zelda on the Wii U... its Zelda... what did everyone expect!!!

Started the new Mass Effect this morning, quite like it so far... but the eye animation is a bit wrong.. kind of freaky
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

djclipz wrote:No idea personally, but I have read a lot of people moaning saying it is crap with a controller and was built for a wheel. Which to be fair, you could probably say about every driving game. The general consensus seems to be originally it was almost unplayable with a pad, but they have since patched it to at least improve it somewhat.

I've got it too, just haven't fired it up yet. I'm also in two minds if I should get a wheel as I do enjoy my racing games.
Too expensive for my tastes - will continue with the joypad :(
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

killed Baal with Rabarbaro II (barbarian), hardcore mode. onto nightmare now, need some countess runs to get some runes, been going with sets so far but they won't cut it in nightmare.

earlier in the game i was thinking about abandoning hsarus' iron heel for these boots:

then i noticed the name. f*** it!
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on the Switch - WOW!!!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Resident Evil 6. Frustrating.
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

Just finished Murdered: Soul suspect and Valiant Hearts: The Great War, both 100%. First time I have ever actually bothered to ace games.

Still need to finish Black Flag but going to throw in Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, and a little bit of Peggle 2.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Just bought Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter. I quite liked the slightly cheap wonkiness of the earlier games. This looks a bit more polished.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Have sold my PC with the GTX970 and gone back to my beloved PS3 for a while.

Enjoying playing Modern Warfare 2, Tiger Woods 12 and GTA: V
Buying games for £1.50 is great :D

I'll be getting a new laptop soon with a GTX1060, so I'll be stepping it up a lot more then.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4.

If you've played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City from the previous gen you'll be very familiar to the game mechanics. More or less the same kind of game with a much broader and larger sandbox environment and it's enjoyable for the most part.
The biggest new addition is the introduction of the Batmobile as a key coponent to the game and is frequently used to move the main story along as well as side missions. It's frustrating to drive and not the most enjoyable to use in combat.
Some of the the Riddler's riddles are dependent on the Batmobile too, and on top of the fact it handles like a wet sponge the POV is not the best so you often clip an obstruction or blast through the environment while on the chase of the bad guy and momentum is lost. Very frustrating.
The weakest of the three games, and I'm about halfway in. I very much doubt my feelings will change on it.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

I picked up Titanfall 2 on the PS4 cheap and it's a surprisingly good game.

I'm not into mech type games but for a score I gave it a go. The campaign is so-so but it gives you a good amount of experience in the mechanics of the game for multiplayer.

And multiplayer is immensely fun. The maps are very good with loads of space to run around in and traverse. Although there's an obvious huge firepower imbalance between a human fighting a mech, if you play it right, you can take the barstewards down. in a reasonably short time.

Overall rating: Pleasantly surprised.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Still World of Warcraft. Patch 7.2 drops this Wednesday if you have played and stopped. Major update with some nice changes (including enhanced catch up mechanisms) and a power boost for the majority of players.
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

Playerunknown : Battlegrounds.

battle royale style game - 100 of you are on a plane and skydive down onto an island full of abandoned buildings which contain weapons, armour and ammo. Last man standing is the winner. It's like h1z1 if anyone has played that. Eventually the area on the island that you can play on gets smaller and smaller over time so you will always find people after a while.

really good game and a lot of fun. It's really tactical with how you decide to play out the rounds.
Oxonhammer

Post by Oxonhammer »

Finally managed to get Final Fantasy VIII on Playstation (have VII & IX already) last weekend so will be spending some time on that :thup:
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Oxonhammer wrote:Finally managed to get Final Fantasy VIII on Playstation (have VII & IX already) last weekend so will be spending some time on that
Just a heads up, levelling works differently in VIII, enemies scale with you giving them harder spells and they apparently improve slightly more than you, so if you're stuck on a boss, grinding levels isn't the answer :thup:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

My favourite ever game.

Play through it every couple of years just for the nostalgia. Always do a no level game now and generally get Lionheart weapon relatively early on the first disc. Stay under level 10, use limit breaks and junction magic to improve your strength. Also, learn card and subsequently card mod with GF Quezacotl. Card mod is the best feature in the game.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Think it was my first ever PS1 game when i was about 9, one of my favourite games as well, completed it earlier this year, still incredible.
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

Downloaded Heavy Weapon for the Xbox One the other day, free game for March.

Very very addictive little game, bloomin difficult though...