Football Manager Series

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Football Manager Series

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Can someone please point me in the direction of the most comprehensive data update?

Faces, badges, kits, names, the lot

Cheers
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Can someone please point me in the direction of the most comprehensive data update?

Faces, badges, kits, names, the lot

Cheers
https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manage ... essentials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some files are pretty big - worth playing the £10er or so to get the zipped up d/l's.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Still playing FM16. Apparently I've been logged into the game for more than 1,500 hours since I first installed it.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Good going that, think I am on about 700 hours with FM17. Hit my first real lull the past month with it, tried starting a couple seasons but can't get into them.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Got back into this, this week, started as Celtic, aiming to get them to become a euro force. The older player bit still annoys me though as players on the wane and that are old still want silly wages, no Klaus Jan Huntellar at 34 I'm not giving you 70k a week. The other silly thing is not being able to signed players you released in the summer, I let Izzaguire go and he still hasn't got a club so wanted to offer him to come back, won't even entertain it and he has had no club for months

Dembele and Tierney are absolute gems, keep offering them new contracts every six months as obviously going to get the big clubs after them, also got some defensive midfielder from Benfica called Luiz who is 17 and a potentially world class star
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

FM17 now 66% off on Steam for £11.99 down from £34.99, bargain!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Signed Areola from PSG as a keeper, he wants his release clause to be lower than what I paid for him and his improved massively, ummmm
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

The new FM series will feature real time adverts on the hoardings.as you are playing. Company called Bidstack are brokering the space for companies to purchase advertising space. Not sure if its genius or intrusive?
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

I'll be turning that off, A)it will be using my internet connection, unless they want to give me off for essentially renting them ad space they can go away. B)I'm guessing it's going to use tracking and cookies like for example if your always google gyms you'll get my protein adverts
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

fmgod wrote:I'll be turning that off, A)it will be using my internet connection, unless they want to give me off for essentially renting them ad space they can go away. B)I'm guessing it's going to use tracking and cookies like for example if your always google gyms you'll get my protein adverts
I am guessing if you are playing completely offline then the ads won't be able to get through.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Happyhammer52 wrote:Good going that, think I am on about 700 hours with FM17.
You've probably played longer than I have... I sometimes work and play simultaneously so Steam/FM can sit open for hours without me doing anything... at least I hope that's the case... :)
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Currently I think roughly 75 league games unbeaten with Celtic
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Reached the Semi's of the Champions league and lost on away goals to PSG, going to leave Celtic the board have just sold two of my world class players who had release clauses of 100 mil and we're only 22 for £21 mil each, utter idiots.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Went all in with a few striker-less formation. Worked liked a charm.
Too bad we are about to sign a poacher...

Calleri wasn't too bad either for the AI. Players were upset when he was sold off in 2020 or thereabouts
:)

Haven't touched the game for a while. Have they fixed the AM-overload issue, i.e. dominating games with just AM and no strikers?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Picked up FM17 in the sale

started as west ham

won the UEFA cup, FA cup and League cup first season

used the editor to have west ham having this years squad... so hernandez , arnie, zabs, hart

Little Pea scored 50 goals... thats just stupid lol

best buy was Sigguerson from swansea when they went down for 7.5 million

won the champs league second season

my squad tho is a bit insane , Ake, Smalling. wilshire, calalivho, lacezzette, aurier, dembele (the one barca just signed)

after winning the champs league ive signed 2 players.... that keeper from AC milan and Tripper..

Antonio forced me to sell him for 25 million tho that was sad times
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

The new one is on offer at the moment for £28 on pre-order, I think gone are the days of getting it for £16 or so
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Up the Junction wrote:Still playing FM16. Apparently I've been logged into the game for more than 1,500 hours since I first installed it.
The amount of hours I've put into these games over the years doesn't bear thinking about! I could have written a dozen novels in this time!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

jacko wrote:The amount of hours I've put into these games over the years doesn't bear thinking about! I could have written a dozen novels in this time!
The KUMB Forum db is the size of several LotRs - you've made a valuable contribution to that, Jacko!
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

fmgod wrote:The new one is on offer at the moment for £28 on pre-order, I think gone are the days of getting it for £16 or so
Yeah, bit again! :lol:
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

For the money really it's brainless, it's less than 10 beers in a pub, just wish they would sort some of the silly stuff out

Coaches saying we have no depth when we have three world class CB's a very decent fourth one and some top talent in the youths that I could call up
My players value randomly going very low, ie seems to be a bug with my keepers where sadly these top 26 year olds are worth less than a mil
The computer obviously cheating, for Dundee where conceding about 20 goals a season and coming third, how are they conceding only 20 goals, half of them would be my side putting them past them
The search filter is broke, it won't show me players outside Europe even though we have knowledge of it
Same with staff it's not showing me the full list of staff, I'm struggling to find any scouts with any non Europe knowledge
Players wanting bizarre wages then settling for far less elsewhere, no I'm not paying my left back 300k a week
I've got two scouts scouting the Scotish Premiership yet neither can find good players yet bizarrely they're loads especially youngsters