Fifa 18

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Fifa 18

Post by MB »

Currently playing it on EA Access. Having hated 17, I must say that this is a big step up. No input lag, nice smooth player control and feels like the stats like passing and pace actually make a difference.

Only played a couple of games, but it is much easier to create chances and also harder to defend with the AI doing a lot less for you.

Will see out my ten hours and then decide whether to buy.

Anyone else playing it at the moment?
DasNutNock

Re: Fifa 18

Post by DasNutNock »

I hated 17 because it wasn't at The Boleyn :(
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

I bearly got to play 17 due to virgin buggering up my broadband for so long by the time I got bt in march I was so far behind the game I just didn't bother and sold it

I also bearly get the chance to play as I don't like playing when mrs is home as she can't do anything whilst I take over the living room

Getting it on my switch this year which for me will be a game changer

Can play on the sofa with wife in room using the small screen or can play when she out using the big screen

Ordered a pro controller specially which since it arrived I've found is basically a Xbox controller lol
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

why's it so expensive this year

was always available at £35 ish in previous years now £50
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Phil S wrote:why's it so expensive this year

was always available at £35 ish in previous years now £50
Looks like no one has it on offer this year. Usually one of the supermarkets does it cheap which drives the price down. Haven't seen it for less than £48!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Have a look on base

I found my switch version for £45
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Will pick this up this week, want to give FUT Champions a proper go one month as I reckon I can get top 100, it's just the few weekends I did play went about 28-3, it was worse than a working week the amount of concentration, coming up against unreal teams and FIfa being Fifa
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

fmgod wrote:Will pick this up this week, want to give FUT Champions a proper go one month as I reckon I can get top 100, it's just the few weekends I did play went about 28-3, it was worse than a working week the amount of concentration, coming up against unreal teams and FIfa being Fifa
Wouldn't it be almost 13 and a half solid hours of playing over a weekend to do FUT champions? Seems like too much effort to me for not a lot of reward
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Yeah I played 30 games and that was utterly stupid, literally that is your weekend if you do it, that's without the games going extra time and pens, people taking ages, people being idiots, it's just ridiculous, I'd love to give it a go but playing sport both days on the weekend and wanting to have a social life it's just isn't realistic and that's without the EA server being guff or your own internet playing up.

It should be max 30 if not 20, or better yet make a super Div 1 with only the top x in the world in.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

I was determined not to buy it this year as I didn't get on with 17, especially how pace seemed irrelevant, and the demo didn't really make me change my mind. However as launch gets closer I'm starting to waver.......
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

The cost of this game is crazy. My copy is setting me back £52.10 on PS4.

My mate told me that he thinks PES 2018 is an all round better football game and prefers it to FIFA this year.

I have chose FIFA this year over PES. I prefer the career mode and authenticity and it has come in leaps and bounds in terms of graphical detail.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Anyone know if it'll be possible to use FIFA coins purchased in 17 with 18?
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Up the Junction wrote:Anyone know if it'll be possible to use FIFA coins purchased in 17 with 18?
These ARE carried over to FUT 18:

– Established Date;
– XP Level;
– FC Credits;
– FUT Club Name;
– FIFA Points.

These ARE NOT carried over to FUT 18:

– Coins;
– Cards;
– EASFC Catalogue Items;
– Match History, Record and Leaderboard;
– Current Division;
– Xbox Achievements or PSN Trophies.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I can't believe how much it is, the problem is these sort of games never really drop in price. Its so popular now people will pay for it regardless of how much they whack it up by.

I will wait for the reviews, looking at videos it doesn't look too different, mostly the focus on detail of player faces and gimmick touches and skills rather than the actual enjoyment of playing a football game.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I intentionally gave my ps4 to my nephew a couple of months ago, which (as being a mac owner), has made the decision easy to not purchase.

I know that I would have purchased the game, played for a month or so, and then stopped.

Makes it easier for me, anyway!
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

The Gibbins wrote:I can't believe how much it is, the problem is these sort of games never really drop in price. Its so popular now people will pay for it regardless of how much they whack it up by.

I will wait for the reviews, looking at videos it doesn't look too different, mostly the focus on detail of player faces and gimmick touches and skills rather than the actual enjoyment of playing a football game.
IGN gave it 8.1/10 stating:

"A sharp focus on attack but few new additions make this a spectacular if somwhat shallow experience"

I watched the video review and they mentioned heavilly that the focus on attack made it too easy to score and that scorelines were always very high.

Sounds like the game has become slightly unbalanced.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

The game will get patched then change, Fifa 16 when released was an entire different game to what it ended up
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

West Ham are a nightmare again being four and half star, same as Dortmund, Liverpool, Tottenham, Monaco, Inter, Milan etc
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Was £70 for the Ronaldo edition which I think got you him as a loan for 5 games (or something like that) and the game 3 days early.

Thanks to companies like EA taking the piss with packs and microtranactions (mate spunked £30 in the game and only got Martial) it why every new game over the last couple of years has to have some kind of loot box system Headbanger
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Gormalysis wrote:Was £70 for the Ronaldo edition which I think got you him as a loan for 5 games (or something like that) and the game 3 days early.

Thanks to companies like EA taking the piss with packs and microtranactions (mate spunked £30 in the game and only got Martial) it why every new game over the last couple of years has to have some kind of loot box system Headbanger
It's prats like your mate willing to waste money on it that's caused it. As a business of course they will try and generate as much income as they can in as many ways they can