Playstation VR

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Re: Playstation VR

Post by RayleighIrons »

Ah right. Cex are selling these for £280, don't seem to bad.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Give it a go if you are tempted. Sure they would take it back off your hands if it's not for you (minus about half of what you paid!)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Skyrim and Fallout 4 now announced for PSVR. My resistance is waning.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Wow they will be amazing, if they get GTA on VR I'll be tugging myself off for a week.
Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 »

RayleighIrons wrote: I'll be tugging myself off for a week.
Something else you can do in VR. Apparently.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Up the Junction wrote:Skyrim and Fallout 4 now announced for PSVR. My resistance is waning.
I think it is just Skyrim for PSVR, not seen any announcement about Fallout 4. Although please feel free to correct, the very thought of the possibility of playing this in VR is making me pitch a tent.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The new Gran Turismo ought to look nice in VR.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

DasNutNock wrote:The new Gran Turismo ought to look nice in VR.
Yeah, im looking forward to the new GT. Although Driveclub VR can sometimes give me a little bit of motion sickness.
Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 73 likes

Post by Whitters »

Not directly PlayStation related, but last night I had a go at a 'virtual escape room'. You had several puzzles to solve in different locations, like ancient Egypt, medieval times, etc. The scenery was pretty good and the tech also allowed for a few semi-active moments compared to a more normal escape room, firing crossbow bolts, throwing objects, etc.

It was a great example of how to use VR well and was great fun, albeit fairly limited ultimately in terms of how active you could be in terms of freedom of movement.
Whitters

Post by Whitters »

Completely out of the blue, my missus very kindly bought me one of these as a late Christmas present (Greek Father Christmas delivers presents in the New Year). I finally got a chance to set it up yesterday and I've been having lots of fun with it, and so far have tried, albeit briefly:

- Gran Turismo Sport - very immersive experience, graphics take a bit of a hit and it is only versus one other car, but is overall a good experience, although I've only had 2 or 3 races so far. The game itself is new so still finding my way around it.

- Virtual Worlds, which came supplied with the game - briefly tried a few of the games so far, the underwater diving one, the ball game, the luge game - not yet tried the London Heist, the best I believe?

- Playroom VR - twee, but fun (and free)

- Downloaded StarBlood Arena, free on Playstation Plus this month, not tried it yet

- The X-Wing mission on Star Wars Battlefront - absolutely chuffing brilliant, wish there was more of it. My childhood dreams of piloting an X-Wing have come true. Looking down and seeing myself dressed as an X-Wing pilot, taking on a star destroyer, flying through an asteroid field & the rebel fleet......amazing

- Downloaded VR Demos 1 & 2, not tried yet

Anyone tried Skyrim VR? Any other recommendations?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Tthe only thing I can find worth a purchase right now whitters is Skyrim - but it's not really for me as I've already chucked 500+ hours into that a few years ago!
Whitters

Post by Whitters »

Up the Junction wrote:Tthe only thing I can find worth a purchase right now whitters is Skyrim - but it's not really for me as I've already chucked 500+ hours into that a few years ago!
Yes that is the one that stands out to me - I played a bit on the PS3 but barely scratched the surface
Jeffcoate321

Post by Jeffcoate321 »

how are people getting on with this?

is there any longevity at all? Seems like there are a few decent games now. I have been tempted for a long time now but still not bought it and running out of excuses not to buy it, but I don't want to splash out on something that won't get used after a month
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

I can't play it for more than 15-20 minutes without getting heady. I'm told you grow into it, so to speak - ie the more you use it, the more comfortable it gets.
Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 »

Up the Junction wrote:I can't play it for more than 15-20 minutes without getting heady. I'm told you grow into it, so to speak - ie the more you use it, the more comfortable it gets.
Yeah, mine is gathering dust a bit at the moment. It does get a bit better but I am still prone to get queasy sometimes and its often enough to put you off having a go.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Strangely I'm finding some of my older 2D games get me using VR - Trackmania, for example, is a mental experience.

For ten minutes, anyway...
Jeffcoate321

Post by Jeffcoate321 »

You're not selling it to me.

Maybe I'll wait..
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

I have recently been looking into getting a playstation as we are about to move from our two bed flat to three bed house, so I can finally have a room I can escape in with a decent little tv / PS set up in there.

I was originally looking at a PS. I went into Game last week and was tempted by the Spiderman one but it's genuinely not really my cup of tea. With the new COD, FIFA & Red Dead coming out soon I decided to hold and wait for those titles to bundle up on.

Then I started doing a little research.

PS Pro is about a ton more. Is it worth it? The PS4 vs PS4 Pro reviews online suggest so, if married up with a nice 4k TV.

Then I stumble upon the VR reviews, which suggest it is brilliant. So, I jump on to Amazon to get user reviews, which echo how great and realistic it is.

So I have gone from nearly spending £250 on a PS bundle to now looking at £350 for the Pro & what, about £200 for the VR? (plus the additional tele, of course).

So, how good is it? And what are the best games out at the moment? I see a VR bundle comes with Res Evil....that must be insane!!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

The PS4 and VR doesn't look half as good as the PS4 Pro and VR, Denzil.

I possess the former combination, sadly!