Any Warhammer Hammers out there?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Re: Any Warhammer Hammers out there?

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Age of Sigmar second edition is out this weekend, anyone interested?

I'll probably pick up the rule book.

The new death models look great!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I need to get my Skaven painted up, because I’m keen to have a bash at Sigmar.

Played a couple of games of 30k for the first time last night and absolutely rinsed my mate - playing as Alpha Legion and getting to re-roll 1’s is ridiculously good! He leant me a Leviathan Dreadnought and it was an absolute beast - didn’t take a wound in either game, despite coming under fire from multiple units both times.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Hope to pick up the new rules when they are released. Dusted down the remnants of my old Chaos Warriors army from the Attic this weekend in anticipation :thup:
I asked the manager of the local GW and he confirmed that I won't need to rebase everything from the square ones onto the round ones to be able to take part. Which saves a crapton of hassle.
I am going to have to get up to speed on the lore/background as I stopped when they did The End Times b*llocks. Is Teclis still a c**t?
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Decided that I am going to pick up the new Age of Sigmar box set.
If any of you guys are doing the same, and want to trade my Sigmarite half for your Undead half, let me know :thup:
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

AnthraxDave :(

Teclis tried to stop the End Times! He has never been a C-word, a great Mage but not as bad as a tzeentch sorcerer on disk! Tyrion on the other hand. . .

I'm sure there is somewhere out there you can catch up on the lore of End Times, it's really good.

I'm not sure about getting the box set but I'll ask my friends for you if you want? Someone is bound to pick it up. I just want the rule book and maybe the spell objects and objective markers. I might even dust off my Sylvaneth army to try it out.

Simonpaulthomas:Skaven are the bane of my life in both 8th and AoS. I think you get some good bonuses for larger units. Plague monks are pretty nasty with a word bearer and also the banner. Storm Vermin as well are nasty.

Hope you both enjoy it though!
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Ah sorry mate. I meant Tyrion. He was always a C-word. Whiny little bitch.
Also, what was not to love about a Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord on Disk with a 2+/3++ save and carrying The Infernal Puppet? :D
Hopefully getting the new box set of AoS on Payday next month.
simonpaulthomas

I’d like some input - I’ve still got the Primaris Marines on sprue in the Dark Imperium box from launch day... my mates want to start a newKill Team each, so I figured I’ll paint the Emperor loving buttholes and put them to use. I’m thinking Blood/Dark Angels - any other suggestions? I’m really not about edge highlighting and super tech details, so something that I can base, dry brush a few times and slap a wash on is ideal.
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

I'd say go for them in Crimson Fist colours.
Plus they are the coolest "Codex" Chapter :thup:
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Ultramarines would be easy as you can get the base coat.

I'd go with Dave though, Crimson Fists look fun and a good colour scheme!
simonpaulthomas

I went for Dark Angels - what with Nurgle and a Skaven army made from a mass of Plague Monks, I think I have a thing for green... the fact that they’re not exactly clean cut loyalists appeals too!
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Dark Angels are the First Legion for a reason :arry:
Easily the most awesome army in 40K from a background standpoint, even if they (or rather, anything Deathwing) are sadly lacking in a competitive sense.
They are the one army I would never sell my collection of.
simonpaulthomas

Had another game of 30K last night with a mate - 1000p on a 4x4 - Alpha Legion (me) vs Space Wolves;

I really need to kitbash myself an Alpharius model - missing out on re rolling those 1s hurts! We called it a draw at the end of Turn 6, but if we’d have gone one more I probably would have won, with my Leviathan absolutely beasting a Contemptor I immobilised with the first shot of the game 8-)

I learnt the hard way that if you’ve got Terminators with lightning claws, get them into action ASAP, or they just get used as meat shields...
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Simon, or anyone else on the thread, do you need any extra Primaris Marines?
I have 5 Intercessors (the other 5 were test paints!), 5 Hellblasters, the Lieutenants, Banner Tosser and the Captain from the DI starter set. All unpainted.
I have no need for them, so if you want them let me know.
Not really after any money (other than £5-ish P&P) as I just need the shelf space.

I played my first game in a while this evening. Probably since finishing Uni assignments nearly 3 months ago. It was against the new Imperial Knights with a fun gamer from the local GW store.
Lets just say that my Ravenwing Black Knights took care of them with lots of Plasma whilst my Deathwing Knights hit their kneecaps and made them fall over :D
As always, Sammael on Corvex (Ravenwing Jetbike with Plasma Cannon) was the star of the show.

I don't think big, multi-wound single models work too great in this edition. The ONLY ones who have seemed to work so far has been my very own Swarmlord for my Tyranids and the Tesseract Vault that the Necrons use. Otherwise, they rarely earn their points outlay.
simonpaulthomas

Only just seen this, sorry bud! I’ll take ‘em off your hands if you’ve still got them? A friend of mine runs an after school club to try and get kids off the street and out of trouble, so I’ll pass them on.

Anyone played Kill Team yet? I’ve bought the core rules, and am putting together a couple of lists, but not played yet - it looks a lot of fun though!
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

simonpaulthomas wrote:Only just seen this, sorry bud! I’ll take ‘em off your hands if you’ve still got them? A friend of mine runs an after school club to try and get kids off the street and out of trouble, so I’ll pass them on.

Anyone played Kill Team yet? I’ve bought the core rules, and am putting together a couple of lists, but not played yet - it looks a lot of fun though!
Hi mate. If you PM me your address, I'll cobble them together and send them out to you mid-week.

Kill Team looks so amazing. But I am too skint at the minute to invest in the rules :(
I saw that GW had excellent financial returns this year. Good on them; The change in attitude of the company the past few years has been great. Without engaging the community like they have, I really thought they would go bust in 2015 or so.
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Had a quick 1750pts club game today with my Harlequins against a Ultramarine Primaris-based list with Roberto Girlyman.
(I hate that prick so much!)
First time for a while I really felt uncomfortable in a game; My opponent (a pretty big chap!) was quite intimidating when it came to iffy rules decisions and stuff. By the end of Turn 2 I was "Whatever, mate. Have your win" - I normally don't care if I win or lose, just want to have fun. This bloke was a ****hole, just really unreasonable and aggressive to play against.

To cheer me up, my favourite Ork player gave me a game against my Dark Angels. Bloodbath. Lost but had so much fun. Loota's blew up my entire Ravenwing Knight squad, then their Big Mek with Crazy Gun blew everything up within a 5 mile radius. Deff Dreads went a bit bonkers in combat vs my Deathwing, blew up and took my 250pt unit of Knights with them. Love Orks :D

*edit* Si, let me know when the models arrive. Enjoy.
simonpaulthomas

I had my first game of 8th edition last night in an Escalation campaign - starting at 250p (which really ain’t much!)... I brought my Death Guard and got rinsed by a Thousand Sons player who blatantly wasn’t a beginner, and was a real ****ing punisher - desperate to min at all costs, at the expense of fun. Not a great introduction! I then played another 250 against a Necron player, and started to pick up the rules a lot better as we went over each phase as we went... 8th is a lot more streamlined and fun than any other. 500 points in 2 weeks time... looking forward to bolstering my ranks a bit more.
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Death guard is pretty simples at smaller point levels....

Typhus and Sorcerer as HQ, 3 blobs of Poxwalkers as Troops, Noxious Blightbringer as an Elite.
Stick Typhus and the Blightbringer in the middle of the 3 blobs and you have a tough as hell core to your army.

When you go up in points, take a Daemon Prince (with wings) and 3 Bloat Drones in another detachment and murder everything within radius.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

I had a game of Triumph and Treachery (8th edition) the other day and it was awesome.

Chaos Warriors vs Tomb Kings vs Beastmen.

My Bestigors took out a Tomb Scorpian, Khemrian War Sphinx and A Necro Sphinx and I only lost four. I rolled really well for me and my friend rolled badly.

Was a great game, so chaotic but that's Triumph and Treachery!
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

AnthraxDave wrote:Had a quick 1750pts club game today with my Harlequins against a Ultramarine Primaris-based list with Roberto Girlyman.
(I hate that prick so much!)
HERESY!! :)