Fallout 76

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Fallout 76

Post by prophet:marginal »

I appreciate that talk has already started, in the other thread, so please merge, if that's best...

I am just wondering how others are interpreting this multiplayer idea. Let's say the number of players possible is capped. Say 24 at a time in what, for me, mind-bogglingly, is a 4x larger terrain.

Can I only play it, if all these people are also locked and loaded, ready to go in the game? Or, slightly differently, am I stuck with the first collective I sign up for?

Will the numbers of items worth collecting capped, so that, if I've started playing, but I am second, fifth, whatever, into a certain building etc, will I only be able to 'collect' if no-one's already done that?

I truly consider Fall Out 4 to be the best game I've ever played. Will '76 go to eleven, or am I set to get to grips with a whole different gaming scenario?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Fallout 76

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I'm with you Proph - a lot of of concerns over this.

If I want to roam alone, I can, like I have done in past games.

You MUST presume that items on a map will be duplicated to a 1 per-player basis.
I mean, what's the point in playing a shared game if 12 of 13 Bobbleheads are missing and the best gun is taken, for example?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Might be like The Division where there are sections of the map dedicated to multiplayer and you only enter into a multiplayer game when you are in them. Outside of those areas you are alone.

I don't really get the need for multiplayer, these games are all about exploring a lonely wilderness. It'll be little more than an attempt to monetize some element of the multiplayer game. Some microtransaction they can tear the arse out of.

Kind of like Welcome To The Terror Dome, hosted by Will Feral?

:wink:
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

For those still interested the beta releases on 23 October for Xbox One and 30th October for PS4/PC
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Gormalysis wrote:For those still interested the beta releases on 23 October for Xbox One and 30th October for PS4/PC
In between which two dates Red Dead Redemption 2 is due for release (26 Oct).
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Gormalysis wrote:For those still interested the beta releases on 23 October for Xbox One and 30th October for PS4/PC
I got my Beta code ready to go, looking forward to giving this a go. However, I am currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and have a pre-order for Red Dead 2. Dunno how i'm gonna fit it all in.

Taking it as read that I am a know-nothing, can you explain, please, what you mean by 'beta releases'?

TIA
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

prophet:marginal wrote:
Taking it as read that I am a know-nothing, can you explain, please, what you mean by 'beta releases'?

TIA
Although the actual release date is 14th November, because it is an online Fallout game it is released early to a select number of people to test play the game, discover any bugs and see how the server holds up.

This will give Bethesda a few a weeks to fix these issues prior to the full release.

:thup:
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

I saw a video on Outsidexbox (I'm not sure how to post a link) and I'm more positive about this game.

It has still got the story that other Fallout games have got, you have got to find it as always.

Also the PVP has to be initiated so might not be as bad as the Dark Zone in The Division.

I'm definitely buying it for release day!
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Joyeux Marteau wrote:I saw a video on Outsidexbox (I'm not sure how to post a link) and I'm more positive about this game.

It has still got the story that other Fallout games have got, you have got to find it as always.

Also the PVP has to be initiated so might not be as bad as the Dark Zone in The Division.

I'm definitely buying it for release day!
I've pre-orderd this for Xbox One X and activated my beta code so there is no turning back now. I'll be looking for some people to join so if you are an xbox owner add me Mr Mercury84.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Mr_Mercury wrote:add me Mr Mercury84.
Freddy, is that you?
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Anyone played the beta?

Also I heard that this is coming to Xbox Gamepass, anyone else heard about this?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

I'm having more fun with this than RDR2, despite all the terrible reviews.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Would you recommend it UTJ?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Probably too early to say. I've come across a couple of major quest bugs but they're a minor hindrance, nothing more (and being fixed soon).

Perhaps ask me again if I get my CAMP wrecked by griefers or try and move it to another location!
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Up the Junction wrote:Probably too early to say.
At 4.28am, I'll say it is....

I've read a review or two and also watched some of the gameplay. Nobody seems overawed by it, in all honesty.

Really not sure whether to bother, which is a madness, given my devotion to #4...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

A few days on and I can safely say it's a pretty buggy mess.

Spent an hour on one particular mission which involved reaching the top floor of a skyscraper. No sooner had I done so (after an hour or so of gameplay) and the sever connection drops.

The result of which being when I eventually get back in, I'm dumped outside the building, minus all the achievements/progress I'd earned meaning I have to start all over again minus all the ammo I'd spent getting there.

FWIW when I restarted, three Chinese bots spawned directly in front of me and killed me before I had the chance to grab a weapon...

F*** that for a game of soldiers.