What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mr_Mercury

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mr_Mercury »

After finishing RDR2, I am now playing Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu, when i've finished that i'll be in Limbo, i'm not sure there is enough draw for me to go back to Fallout 76.
Whitters
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Whitters »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: I remember the recent Cod ww2 game, russian PPSH's on the beaches of Normandy!

I hope and expect that this Battlefield will be significantly better.

How does the MP play?
So far so good - it's a lot tougher and more hardcore than recent BF titles, especially BF1, and the TTK and TTD needs tweaking a bit as it's a bit too fast at the moment. It is definitely worth getting in a good squad though to score well, preferably with voice communications too. Anyone can now revive squadmates, which is a nice touch and encourages squad play.

The progression tree is quite nice though - with XP/coins gained through gameplay you unlock certain subtle abilities that help control, etc.

It's a little short of content at the moment, but more will be added in time, and for once it is all 'for free'.

I do quite miss the chaos of the behemoths or special classes of BF1, and the limited spotting ability takes some getting used to, especially with all the b*stard snipers one-shot killing you. However it is all the more realistic and strategic as a result.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Have to agree that BF5 has been a pleasant surprise after (IMHO) the clusterfuck that BF1 was.
It massively encourages working well in a Squad. My only gripe is that it is limited to 4 per Squad. Should really be 5 or 6. I love the fact that you can revive Squad members even if you are not a Medic, though it does take a bit longer.

The maps are stunning. Arras is unbelievable for the amount of destructible environment in the village/church area. One of the best BF maps ever made, and I have been playing since BF1942!

Hopefully, there will be some more Tank or Air focussed maps to come.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Super Castlevania IV on the SNES Classic.
For 1991, this was some near pinnacle programming. Despite its early release relative to console, it still boasts some of the best graphics and more noticeably, music of the 16-bit era.
It’s tough and well paced, a truly awesome action adventure.
Whitters
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Whitters »

AnthraxDave wrote:Have to agree that BF5 has been a pleasant surprise after (IMHO) the clusterfuck that BF1 was.
It massively encourages working well in a Squad. My only gripe is that it is limited to 4 per Squad. Should really be 5 or 6. I love the fact that you can revive Squad members even if you are not a Medic, though it does take a bit longer.

The maps are stunning. Arras is unbelievable for the amount of destructible environment in the village/church area. One of the best BF maps ever made, and I have been playing since BF1942!

Hopefully, there will be some more Tank or Air focussed maps to come.
I loved BF1, getting into a platoon with about 600 members has been a fantastic experience, and I've even taken my first footsteps into competitive gaming as a result. It also means that I've always got guys to squad up with, and we have a lot of fun chatting away whilst (normally) coming out as top squad in BF1 due to the teamwork - not so much in BFV yet as we're still finding our feet.

I agree about the squad size, but maybe it is so that it fits better with the PS chat groups maximum size of 8 - in the competitive side of things in BF1 we were always in squads of 4 so two squads could be on the same chat. Also 32 is divisible by 4 (my Maths O Level paying dividends here), so no-one should be left out given that you are automatically placed in a squad now.

Arras is a good map (and actually reminds me a lot of where I live in the vineyards :) ) and I know what you mean about the destruction - although there is a funny glitch that if the church tower is destroyed the bell just floats in the air. I'm sure that'll be fixed in the upcoming patch, alongside a few other issues.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Haven't had a console or pc for about 2 years. Currently playing football manager mobile 2019 after doing the full 30 seasons on 2018.

Obviously not as detailed or in depth as the pc version but a decent game for android. Currently on my 3rd season with west ham, after winning the caraboa and fa cup last season. Finished 4th and 5th in the league whilst overhauling all the squad, except for Anderson and replacing them with wonderkids. Selling players is a lot easier than last years version but you need to tinker and change tactics more often to become a winner.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

ThreeSixes wrote:Getting towards the end of Persona 5 (100 hours in) - really enjoyable (much more "fun" than RDR2). Not something I would usually play, but it had really good reviews, and is cheap (ish) on PS4
I bought the remastered version recently - looking forward to having a go at some point.
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Cities Skylines..a freebie from the Xbox game pass thing.

I love building cities.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

mixture wrote:Cities Skylines..a freebie from the Xbox game pass thing.

I love building cities.
Its what the newest SimCity should have been. Cities is a great game.

I'm now playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Need to try a get good at it as in the past all I have ever done is button mash.
Chimera
Has liked: 69 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chimera »

Started Ashen this evening. Dark Souls clone, pretty good so far.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Mr_Mercury wrote:Cities is a great game.
:thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. My favourite kart racing game ever.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Didn't realize that there were so many avid gamers on here. I have been playing FIFA 19, Rocket league, Path of exile and Pubg in recent weeks. I thought gaming was just something us younguns did but it seems pretty widespread.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

TheHandOfDog wrote:Didn't realize that there were so many avid gamers on here. I have been playing FIFA 19, Rocket league, Path of exile and Pubg in recent weeks. I thought gaming was just something us younguns did but it seems pretty widespread.
It's great isn't it. Other than my wife, gaming and West Ham are the greatest things in my life.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Rogue Empire - if you liked the original Rogue dos pixel orientated games, this is a complete re-write with better graphics, lots of different sound tracks and better menus. That said it's still a b*stard of a game with perma -death a real kick to the balls. I'm currently doing the best I've ever done - got a character to 24th level and not died once - that said all my other characters before him had hours and hours spent on them - and this is on easy level!

For £9.00 it's an absolute steal.

A few hints if you are tempted:

Never get cornered - fight on the stairs where possible. nip upstairs when wounded/outnumbered and rest to regain health and then go back down again.

Get the JUMP skill asap - it will allow you to jump over a monster when you are boxed in - and you will be, as some monsters have an ability to do this - and this will save your life (remember - perma-death)

Never treat a single bigger monster as killable in one fight - feel free to run away and heal and come back - the monster will still be wounded.

Fight in a passage way if possible, but watch out the AI is clever and will send monsters to attack you from behind if they are available.

Keep all your magic spells,wands and potions for the boss monsters - you'll need them.

The vine wall spell is a life saver. Cast it in front of you trapping a boss monster away from you and then cast summon undead/creature/elemental to fight it.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Bought the missus Spyro Re-ignited for her birthday, the memories are flooding back........
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

TheHandOfDog wrote:I thought gaming was just something us younguns did but it seems pretty widespread.
Fortunately there's no arbitrary retirement date.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Wazhack - a rogue copy that has much improved graphics, better sound and immense replayability. For £2.80 off steam it was a steal. It's another permadeath game and it really kicks you in the nuts when you die. But here's the thing - sometimes when you die you LOL as it was real funny, On the other hand sometimes when you die you go WTF. A side scrolling turn based game, you have plenty of time to think to stop you dying.

I am currently doing my best ever: I'm 650 feet down, level 8 huntress as a character, I have all my items identified (thanks to a blessed Identify scroll), have found a shopkeeper an armourer and priest (who very kindly identified all my cursed items for free and has blessed my arrows up to +3 to hit/damage, and I've killed a dwarven lord (who usually kills me), so it's off to the goblin mines for me.

This is a game about learning, working out what does what, what's best against what and having a large slice of luck. For example, I kept getting killed by a floating enchanted sword - but this time my wand of negation turned it into a normal sword and bang - it died, with one zap.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

DasNutNock wrote:Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. My favourite kart racing game ever.
Mine too, I loved Crash Team Racing though.

I'm currently playing Call of Duty WW2 as I asked for it for Christmas. It's great fun.

I also have just cause 4 to play and I got Pro Evolution with some vouchers I got from work.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Playing lots of

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Nintendo Switch
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 on PC
Rocket League on PC
RDR 2 on PS4