Fifa 19

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mr_Mercury

Re: Fifa 19

Post by Mr_Mercury »

JuniorBilly wrote:I think this is quite possibly the worst football game I've ever played.
Glad I chose PES over FIFA this year, something I haven't done since PES6. I nearly did also buy FIFA 19 but after speaking to quite a few people and them telling me to stick to FIFA 18 I decided to try something different.

I don't regret it either, its so fresh to be playing PES as everything feels so fluid and natural, the licensing don't bother me as I loaded on an option file which adds all the real names, kits, logos etc.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

I'm regretting getting FIFA 19

It's so difficult to play now, scripting worse than ever

and 90 of the users seem to have to go through the whole goal celebration, crowd, goal replay, focus on the player who scored

gets on my tits

just play ffs :thdn:
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Really enjoying FUT so far

Built myself a squad of basically West Ham plus a few others lol

4-3-3

Fab

Trent Arnold , general diop Arthur

Lanzini , Wilshere mikiterian

Yarmolenko arnie Anderson
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

I quite agree Phil, I don't bother playing online anymore, your opponent spams a long ball to their pacey striker, scores a tap in and replay, replay, replay, replay, kick off again, they pause, wait, start again, they pause, wait, then I score, "the connection with your opponent has been lost" its pathetic,
I've been doing the squad battles offline, 4 games a day for a decent reward on the Monday, I packed an icon nakata, sold for 400k,
I've played 100 games now and not let a goal in, but I am struggling to score, I suppose that's better than winning 10-0 every game though, I'm respecting the fat Sam point at the moment, I've got aubamyang, otw Felipe Anderson and potm Lucas mora up front with David silva in CAM but most games there is always a defender between them and the goal blocking the shot, I just can't seem to get the opposition to push up so I can get in behind so I get a clear chance Ono on one with the keeper???
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

I am enjoying Fifa this year, I genuinely feel that pace isn't as nearly as important as it has been in previous years. I can quite happily use Ibrahimovic with no problems. I do however think pace on the wings is essential, just not through the middle.

The only thing I don't really like about the game is on UT the fact that I can play a load of games, get up to the rank 1 rewards, turn the game on the following evening and I will be down in rank 3. I then feel like I have to play the game rather than wanting to play it. Just slightly annoying to me.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Haven’t played since 17 on PS4 and now have 19 on the Xbox. I’m really struggling with defending online. I try to standing tackle, miss, and they run through me with ease and score. Any tips?
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

Depends what formation you use I'd say. I defend differently when I use different ones but basically how I defend is I control my CDM or CM and run back with them. I rarely take control of my CB's because like you say if they get past you, you're f****d. Try that and see how you get on?

I'm sure everyone will have different opinions but controlling my midfield and running back with them works well for me.
Tristan Shout

Post by Tristan Shout »

Denzil wrote:Haven’t played since 17 on PS4 and now have 19 on the Xbox. I’m really struggling with defending online. I try to standing tackle, miss, and they run through me with ease and score. Any tips?
Go into settings and change defending from tactical to legacy or something like that, Google fifa legacy defending and it will explain it better than I can
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

really angry with Fifa and EA tonight

I dont get to pay often. so when I do get the chance its nice to play as much as I can

Mrs Mumbles went to bed 20:30... my mate from work (we have been trying to play all week but I was either working or he was) is free and online..

go to play.. severs down.. we both managed to get on and start a game at 20:50...

great match.. 2-0 up.. the general gets sent off at half time.. end up losing 3-2.. damn... but great game

go to have a rematch.. severs again down

its pathetic!!!! cant they fix the severs by now?

all this money they claw in every year and cant even play the blooming game
Zman39
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Zman39 »

Denzil wrote:Haven’t played since 17 on PS4 and now have 19 on the Xbox. I’m really struggling with defending online. I try to standing tackle, miss, and they run through me with ease and score. Any tips?
Yeh I'm genuinely getting frustrated, the last week have been playing rubbish, I got up to Divison 3 in Seasons but I literally cannot defend anymore, it is getting annoying missing tackles. I don't know if it has anything to do with the recent update. Will probably take a break for a bit then give it a go again.

Anyway, this link has some useful tips:
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/08-10- ... -to-defend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

I've given up with UT and haven't played it for a few weeks but jumped on career mode last night and actually enjoyed it.

Yes I know there is no real investment in Career mode anymore and its carbon coby each year, but playing as West Ham is actually quite enjoyable this year. My current lineup;

Fabiankski
Zab/Fredrick - General - Diop - Arthur
Rice - Wilshre
Oyazabal - Lanzini - Anderson
Arnie

Anderson and Lanzini are class on this years, and Rice has been unreal for me a DM even though his rating is poo (70).
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Is it just me or is the version of bubbles the derogatory one sung by oppo's? Sounds like "like West Ham they fade and die" instead of "like my dreams" might just be my hearing...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Anderson named in FIFA Team of the Week
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=133016
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Lucas Perez's Team (Reddit)

NB: I didn't play him just spotted it. He's in Div 2 according to lad he played.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Faithless wrote:Is it just me or is the version of bubbles the derogatory one sung by oppo's? Sounds like "like West Ham they fade and die" instead of "like my dreams" might just be my hearing...
I keep hearing this as well, sounds like the Chelsea song.

On the game itself, that Ibrahimovic card has completely ruined the game. He's unplayable.
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

I've been banned from the transfer market by EA. you pay 50 sovs for a bang average game and they ban you for no reason. Apparently unusual activity on the transfer market. They wint refund me my game or anything. EA are a joke and I'll never buy one of their shitty games again. Surely this isnt legal? :twisted:
Jameslegend
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Jameslegend »

Faithless wrote:Is it just me or is the version of bubbles the derogatory one sung by oppo's? Sounds like "like West Ham they fade and die" instead of "like my dreams" might just be my hearing...
Yep I hear that too. It's irritating.
Tristan Shout

Post by Tristan Shout »

Declan Rice in the team of the season :scarfer:
Prices are very cheap this year, just bought a Messi for 300k, I've never seen him under a million in previous games