FM19 Beta

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Re: FM19 Beta

Post by szola »

I love it
:D

They've also made it possible to have tactics that more or less break the game, even without the exploits, as the table over at FM Arena shows.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

They rake it in so every year they will release a game full of bugs. It's been mentioned many times but they need to take some time out and get on top of these issues as they always release a game that isn't ready, even with a BETA period for its customers. To charge £30 every year for a game with bugs is not acceptable and even the patches are taking some time to come out.

I have only played FM19 for a little while and i like the GUI and other little improvements but the set pieces and long range wonder goals are doing my head in.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

haven't played since maybe they first changed over from CM to FM

got chatting via pm to Briggsy and had a go at the old CM 01/02 but lost all of the data and that. so found *ahem cough* a copy of FM 17

brilliant..

of course like most men, I can't be arsed sitting hours reading how to play the game, get in an have a go.

disastrous of course...

but had another go, another go and other go....

loving it....but it takes so much longer to play the peripherals - is there a way to watch the game for longer because it seems like hours to set it up and then you get to play about 10 minutes !!!!!!

:)

cheers
Rust
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by Rust »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: loving it....but it takes so much longer to play the peripherals - is there a way to watch the game for longer because it seems like hours to set it up and then you get to play about 10 minutes !!!!!!
cheers
Yep! There is. If you got match settings when in the game, you can change highlights from 'none', 'key', 'extended' or 'full'.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

A lot of people when starting a new version of FM or picking it up for the first time in a while tend to watch an extended match. It helps as sometimes you have player instructions that can really mess your system up and watching a game or two in close detail can help identify where you are getting exploited if the system isn't working out.

I remember one year i had my assistant doing the opposition instructions as i just couldn't be bothered with it. Lo and behold he set my winger to mark and close down a player and when the Opposition moved their player to the opposite flank he proceeded to mark him still when we were off the ball :lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

cheers lads thanks for the info

expect to see my absence on here now for days...

we used to do (5 English lads) the old obscure challenge on CM I think it was 98/99 but it was there or thereabouts.

I can't put this bloody thing down at the moment..

expect it to go all pear shaped soon........

will get the sack soon..

with the 01/02 with the cd rom mount thing I got sacked 3 times by Christmas....

:lol:

this is my third or fourth go trying to figure this out - been googling when I find out a problem..

:thup:

I'll post updates when I surface occasionally !!!!!!!!!!!!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hit a patch whereby my forwards (and theirs) are offside about 8 or more times a game

and I must get about 15 corners a game

tried to tweak the tactics and personnel but no matter who plays where (even FB's) are offside.

so the game isn't much fun watching at all..

and then of course there's the 16 shots a game 1 on target.....

and I have to ask, we might win 10 or more headers and the assistant tells me get more crosses in we winning headers..

head slapping emoji

and the players who CAN cross are on cross often

and no matter how much I tweak the players they are always shooting from about 25/30 yards. my coaches tell me that no matter how much training this player has, he STILL takes long shots.

where's the head banging emoji

(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

What shape/mentality are you using?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

control fluid most of the time

been doing great and not really to arsed if I don't (although it's always nice to win) it's just not fun much and I don't want to give up - I will plug away and google to see if there's something there that will help, other than a "cheat" of course

:oops:

was going great for a long time, I guess that the AI figures out your tactics etc and counters them and until I can find a fix, I have gone to extended view to enjoy the fruits of my endeavours, but as I say most of the time my players are offside now (opposition too) and the rest of the time is spent taking corners.

one game alone I had 10 - TEN- by half time

:)

any help would be appreciated - will google one of the websites to see if I can find a solution in the meantime

:thup:
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

Do you use any team instructions?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

yes mate the whole nine yards (as we say in America)

I found some more stuff online today that I didn't know was there.....

plus I changed my striker to support instead of attack..not sure if it worked properly as the guy that got offside that much got hurt and his replacement might not be the same player statistically speaking.

still I got to the EFL Final beating ManU over 2 legs and am top of the league.

the offside count and the corner count is way down now, maybe the AI is taking a while to catch up with it.

I do love the game though...hardly left the house in 2 weeks !!!!

:lol:

mind you - I have had a severe case of "upset stomach" though lately due to antibiotics I have been taking so it's been a great help passing the hours in between running to the toilet !!!!!!

:lol: :lol:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Think SI have just ended up with no competition and can easily sell more every year regardless of what they churn out and Miles is a smug git too. I think half their problem now is problems with things they've impleneted that people never asked for or wanted in essence they've gone away from the core values that made Champions Manager so good. The thing is you look at it from one side, they should sit down with the fans and address the problems and make it a better game or the other side they are selling more and more each year and making money so swings and roundabouts.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

The lack of development of the AI would suggest that it is a very difficult issue.
The lack of serious competition would also suggest the same.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

seems the AI has caught up....

:cry:

back to the old CM games when half of your team is out injured, key players and/or just signed positions needed to help

and as for having ALL of your strikers not able to score in a whorehouse with a 20 dollars bill behind each ear...

won EFL cup, won the FA cup but it was touch and go, my striker who scored I think 20 or 24 during the season hasn't scored in about 10

still looking at West Ham and following them for yonks and yonks, maybe it isn't so far fetched.

got about half a dozen Arnies who want to join Citeh, ManU or the Bin Dippers (who have just won the league)

it's only my first bloody year too the ungrateful bastards !!!!!!!!!!

especially as no one has ever or will bid for them !!

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

is it honestly worth employing scouts other than ask them to go scout someone you have found yourself ?

I keep getting messages that I have room for one more etc. but the one I have can't find me ONE single player on their own.

they come back with Pogba, Rashford, Albiot etc. etc. which I could find myself just off the top of my head in normal away from the game knowledge.

the best thing I have found so far is my DoF chucking out "this could bolster you forward line etc. etc."

and then they chuck in random names which I always look at and decide to scout.

you spend time sorting out what you want, send them out and get diddly squat back.

I do check the scouted list because they always come back with He cannot find anyone but there are names on the scouted list.

oh and the DoF just up and sold someone off his own back - wasn't as if we were offered mega money, we actually lost money in the short time the guy was with the team. and I didn't ask for more money for transfers
either

it was strange

:?

edit: had 2 transfers canceled - no explanation from the DoF - I have the money and the players seem to be in the price range - so does it mean that I had bid too much ??? I bid about the right up front money the add ons which is attained would have pushed the player's value up - e.g. int app. goals scored, winning the PL in the CL final

cheers

if that's the case I am really going to struggle to bring anyone in to help the starting XI

PL team topish half of the table - I have about 45M to spend due to people leaving and the transfer market money I got beginning of the season.

same DoF that sold a player that I mentioned above

they did say that they thought the 7M I paid for a "potential wonderkid" not value for money - but I got 2 other players at pretty much bargain money for their position and ability

:?
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

Has anyone tried the FM Touch version (of any year) on an iPad?

Thinking about trying to get a save going while on my commute but not if its worth it on an iPad.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

I don't use a DoF's so I don't know if they can cancel transfers, I'd sack him just to be safe. Aint they pretty much useless anyway?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

but the board appointed him...not me...

RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Can you not sack him then? Sod that, I wouldn't want some random 'unt getting involved in my transfer dealings.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

RayleighIrons wrote:Can you not sack him then? Sod that, I wouldn't want some random 'unt getting involved in my transfer dealings.

I suppose I could make sure I do save, sack him and if they bin me, go back and restart the game again and not sack him next time !!!!!!!!

it's funny - he sends reports every two weeks and has come up with some young gems, some old useless players and the obvious ones like Cavani and that, but I have found a couple of really good players from him whereas my scouts find no one at all.

so am I better off "keeping" him...

but it's almost Christmas and I don't want to put the poor sod out on the street !!!!!

:lol: :lol: