What did you watch last night?

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Re: What did you watch last night?

Post by sendô »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cSUFaSVPCRQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
No Tony though.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Prob cos he is dead Sendo... :(
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Watching that Bros documentary against, f**king hell, Matt Gos is something else :lol:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

phil mickelson shooting 60
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

True Detective , back to form after a really disapointing 2nd series
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

old fart wrote:True Detective , back to form after a really disapointing 2nd series
Good to hear, that's on my list next.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Ray Donovan

great last episode , although slighty unbelievable , cop killings, suicides , it had the lot
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown. I'm on series four now, I watched 'The Bronx' last night.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Discovering Rod Steiger: A vastly underrated actor, who made some classic films : On the Waterfront, Waterloo, In The Heat of the Night,The Pawnbroker, DR Zhivago and even was the villain in Oklahoma! A 3 time Oscar winner, Bafta and Emmy winner, played Mussolini twice, Al Capone as well, turned down Patton (he was very anti war and a pacifist in real life and thought the Patton script glorified violence too much), he was a product of the method acting school, at the same time as Brando and Karl Malden, and he influenced many actors including Rober De Niro. My only criticism is that they missed out The Illustrated Man, a fine film with surreal qualities.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri - Oscars? Seriously? Straight into my top ten worse films. Convoluted, contrived, unrealistic - bah I could go on but I won't. I WILL not spend more hours of my life watching Cohen Bros pap. Dreadful. File under Fargo, O Brother where art thou and other unfunny and pseudo intellectual twaddle. My time with you Cohen's is done. Never again.
Udonhammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Udonhammer »

sex education . not my usual watch but i spent 2 days on the set in south wales and had a little walk on . I spent time in Gillian Andersons bedroom .... alas she was not there at the time. A very proud father as my daughter was the B camera and steadycam operator . better than I thought it would be ...
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

WHU Independent wrote:Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri - Oscars? Seriously? Straight into my top ten worse films. Convoluted, contrived, unrealistic - bah I could go on but I won't. I WILL not spend more hours of my life watching Cohen Bros pap. Dreadful. File under Fargo, O Brother where art thou and other unfunny and pseudo intellectual twaddle. My time with you Cohen's is done. Never again.
Thank god someone else shares my dislike for all of the above films and it creators. :thup:
westham,eggyandchips

All 3 episodes of Manhunt. I thought Clunes was great, in fact the acting was good across the board.

Glad they nailed that horrible **** in the end.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

On Bass - Tina Weymouth: Yet another brilliant programme about music on BBC4.

TW, from Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club presented a review of the use of the instrument from the rock and roll use of double bass etc, all the way to just about the present day. In her own right, she's brilliant, but her career has meant that she has met, worked with and befriended some of the all-time greats.

A really rewarding hour of TV and highly recommended.

(on iPlayer)
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1223 likes
Total likes: 1641 likes

Post by last.caress »

WHU Independent wrote:Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri - Oscars? Seriously? Straight into my top ten worse films. Convoluted, contrived, unrealistic - bah I could go on but I won't. I WILL not spend more hours of my life watching Cohen Bros pap. Dreadful. File under Fargo, O Brother where art thou and other unfunny and pseudo intellectual twaddle. My time with you Cohen's is done. Never again.
westham,eggyandchips wrote:Thank god someone else shares my dislike for all of the above films and it creators. :thup:
:eh: But Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri isn't by the Coen brothers. It was written, produced and directed by Martin McDonagh, who also brought us In Bruges (2008) and Seven Psychopaths (2012).
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

:D
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

//thread
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

That Bros doc starts all David Brent with Matt Goss although Luke seems at peace with himself now although it grates him he was the second brother still and ends up heart warming about family. Good viewing.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Udonhammer wrote:sex education . not my usual watch but i spent 2 days on the set in south wales and had a little walk on . I spent time in Gillian Andersons bedroom .... alas she was not there at the time. A very proud father as my daughter was the B camera and steadycam operator . better than I thought it would be ...
Got one episode to go. Very surreal feel to it. Sort of an American high school in Wales. I watched it because Gillian Anderson was in it and although it's not really my sort of thing at all I'm quite enjoying it. The leading girl is pretty fit as well and there's no way she's of school age. Got to be in her twenties surely?

Great that your daughter was on the crew. Was that her first experience on a big production?

Which one were you on your walk on?
westham,eggyandchips

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Thank god someone else shares my dislike for all of the above films and it creators. :thup:
last.caress wrote::eh: But Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri isn't by the Coen brothers. It was written, produced and directed by Martin McDonagh, who also brought us In Bruges (2008) and Seven Psychopaths (2012).
I never said it was a Coen Bros film. I just said I never like their films. :wink: