Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

She wants £45 per couple - which means £135 on some chili, guacamole, tacos and stuff. I cannot understand who on earth could possibly find anywhere that would charge so much for so little. I could quite easily make superior food for everyone at a fraction of that price.

If she'd asked first, I'd have been happy to make & take with.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

DasNutNock wrote:Always the first to throw a wobbly over some perceived infringement here, too.
I wouldn't mind if they did but they don't. They just avoid making any decisions ever and say "I am advising of the risk". If they are in the office at all. When the bullets start flying this lot are the first to fall back to a defensive position, whilst ****ers like me will try and hold the line in the interests of the company. They're at the front of the queue when bonuses are being handed out though.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

EvilC wrote:I wouldn't mind if they did but they don't. They just avoid making any decisions ever and say "I am advising of the risk". If they are in the office at all.
Our compliance team (the IT version, at least) is always first to dig people out for failing to comply with processes. As you'd expect, it's their job to. But they regularly change the process without telling anyone, stating, with some arrogance, "It's YOUR jobs to stay on top of the processes, not ours to notify you" when anyone asks why a change wasn't highlighted.

Again, that's annoying, but kinda understandable. Process compliance IS everyone's responsibility, and everyone has to do it or it doesn't work.

What IS really annoying, though, is when someone else highlights an incident where the IT compliance team has failed to follow their own processes. They will argue to the death that it's completely different for them, and openly refuse to comply with the subsequent service improvement processes that they manage.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

They make the rules, they don't adhere to them. That's for the plebs.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

DasNutNock wrote:I am considering telling them to get ****ed, absolutely. I am genuinely shocked anyone would be so cheap.
You can't go to it. Pitiful behaviour.

There really isn't anything else to say. Except to tell them they are pitiful, which you should do so they know why you're not going. And that you'll be using the £45 to feed a small African village for 6 months instead.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

DasNutNock wrote:She wants £45 per couple - which means £135 on some chili, guacamole, tacos and stuff. I cannot understand who on earth could possibly find anywhere that would charge so much for so little. I could quite easily make superior food for everyone at a fraction of that price.

is that before you all put your car keys in a bowl ?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

chigwells finest wrote:is that before you all put your car keys in a bowl ?
So long as we get to keep the keys, and whichever car they unlock, that works fine for me.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 708 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:Wouldn't put it past her. They're a bit nouveau, truth be told. No qualms about phoning us to tell us the size of her bonus, how they got upgraded to business class, or to send us photos of themselves shopping for a new car. Or what completely unnecessary cosmetic surgery she's decided she needs, because working at the Beeb, it's apparently important to have cosmetic surgery. Botox was the most recent upgrade.
They sound ****ing vile. Save your money and spend it in the local Wetherspoons, I guarantee you'll have a far more fulfilling experience.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I was on a website that I've used before to download a recording of the Chelsea match when my girlfriend walked into the study - cue "Why are you looking at websites like that?!!" I have two screens and hadn't noticed that this site was launching full screen browser pages on the other screen - when she walked in the one on top had a picture of a woman, legs akimbo with the question "Do you want to f***?" and a button labelled "Yes" right over her fanny. It took a while and a demonstration that clicking on the site I was on launched these pages to convince her that I wasn't looking at smut sites.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Busted, HH :wink:
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I was on a website that I've used before to download a recording of the Chelsea match when my girlfriend walked into the study - cue "Why are you looking at websites like that?!!" I have two screens and hadn't noticed that this site was launching full screen browser pages on the other screen - when she walked in the one on top had a picture of a woman, legs akimbo with the question "Do you want to ****?" and a button labelled "Yes" right over her fanny. It took a while and a demonstration that clicking on the site I was on launched these pages to convince her that I wasn't looking at smut sites.
Did it take a while 'cos you were only using one hand?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

DasNutNock wrote:She wants £45 per couple - which means £135 on some chili, guacamole, tacos and stuff. I cannot understand who on earth could possibly find anywhere that would charge so much for so little. I could quite easily make superior food for everyone at a fraction of that price.

****ing hell , really??

No doubt she'll spend about £45 total and tuck the rest away
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

I actually can't get my head around the thought of charging guests for an invite to a party...

Was it a formal invoice on headed paper the lot or a note saying, oh could you give us £45 quid!! haha I need a pic of this.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

I can't get my head around it either
If you 'Invite' people to a do, then as host you provide for them
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

I'm going to a New Year house party, probably chuck a crate of beer in as a gesture or a bottle of something but invoice is amazing, it's the gall to do it though that stumps me, I'd be embarrassed.

I'd ask for the terms and conditions, a vat receipt, if the income will be declared, where to complain if the party isn't up to standards, what is the start and finish time.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 801 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

djclipz wrote:I actually can't get my head around the thought of charging guests for an invite to a party...

Was it a formal invoice on headed paper the lot or a note saying, oh could you give us £45 quid!! haha I need a pic of this.
I want to see a scanned copy too.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

It's a WhatsApp, not a paper invoice, including an itemized food list which basically constitutes chilli with accompaniments and what appears to be a huge breakfast that no-ones going to want to cook. I have no idea how it's going to cost 45 per couple though I suppose it's a fair amount of food - definitely too much breakfast.

Anyway, it's a moot point now because I gOt home to another message saying the menu is going to be revised, I suspect her feller got embarrassed and suggested an ammendment. If she'd just asked us to bring some food, I'd have been happy to make something. Buying in chilli and guacamole for £135 is insane.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

DasNutNock wrote:It's a WhatsApp, not a paper invoice, including an itemized food list which basically constitutes chilli with accompaniments and what appears to be a huge breakfast that no-ones going to want to cook. I have no idea how it's going to cost 45 per couple though I suppose it's a fair amount of food - definitely too much breakfast.

Anyway, it's a moot point now because I gOt home to another message saying the menu is going to be revised, I suspect her feller got embarrassed and suggested an ammendment. If she'd just asked us to bring some food, I'd have been happy to make something. Buying in chilli and guacamole for £135 is insane.
F**k me! For £135, I'd want at least a Cuban cigar and a bottle of Remy thrown in.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2705 likes

Post by sendô »

Waitrose, darling?
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

DasNutNock wrote:It's a WhatsApp, not a paper invoice, including an itemized food list which basically constitutes chilli with accompaniments and what appears to be a huge breakfast that no-ones going to want to cook. I have no idea how it's going to cost 45 per couple though I suppose it's a fair amount of food - definitely too much breakfast.

For 6

I can do a traditional antipasto course
then Penne al Ragu Toscano
pick any dessert
a couple of bots of Masi Campofiorin
Cheese board

for about half that cost