Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Tenbury wrote:So, went out the back ten days ago, back door blew shut, I jump on the five foot wall between me and next door. Swing legs over, jump down with both feet, and left heel lands on golf ball sized stone.
Double fracture of left hip.. The other legs been US since 93,. This could take a long, long time.
Oooh , bloody hell , mate , sorry to hear that . :(
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

England supporters singing that bloody "on and on" song accompanied by that bloody drum.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Drunk too much, fell asleep in the sun.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

somerset-hammer wrote:Drunk too much, fell asleep in the sun.
Get finger banged by a neighbour while you were out for the count?
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Tenbury wrote:So, went out the back ten days ago, back door blew shut, I jump on the five foot wall between me and next door. Swing legs over, jump down with both feet, and left heel lands on golf ball sized stone.
Double fracture of left hip.. The other legs been US since 93,. This could take a long, long time.
Oh christ, Tenners, that sounds nasty. Sending you every best wish for a speedy recovery.
S-H

Post by S-H »

I ain't that lucky Ron, she's tidy.

Knowing my luck her mangy cat was probably licking the inside of my mouth..
S-H

Post by S-H »

Speedy recover, Tenners.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

LITTLE things, Tenners. Best of luck with your rehab :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Sorry to hear that Tenners mate good luck with the recovery :thup:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Firstly, ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Question: what does US mean in this context?
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Thought you'd been a bit quiet lately, Tenbury.
It's no good, the SAS enrolement may have to wait, for a while...
Hope you're feeling a bit better now.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Toulouse_Iron wrote:Firstly, ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Question: what does US mean in this context?
Un-Supported
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

Stupid Facebook posts along the lines of 'Tag a mate and if they don't respond within 5 minutes they owe you a Nando's'
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Thanks everyone. (U/S, unservicable, motorbike vs. jag door....I lost )

Currently holed up in the town community hospital, on morphine and lactulose. (Neither work very well!)
Expect an overdose of my drivel till Autumn at least.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Hemel Iron wrote:Stupid Facebook posts along the lines of 'Tag a mate and if they don't respond within 5 minutes they owe you a Nando's'
These are driving me insane at the minute, not even by people I would expect them from either, people participating in them would probably consider themselves "reasonably clever", uni educated etc.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

A colleague who’s “worked” from home for the past 5 years, without ever actually getting agreement from work. One of the benefits of having our bosses in the US and the company firing them every 12 months or so.

Wouldn’t actually mind, but his absence numbers are ridiculous. Either he’s ill or his wife’s ill or his kids are ill or his dads ill or whatever. He has at least 1 absence day per week, sometimes more. Today’s excuse is that he has “back pain/spasm”. You’re at home all day FFS. Sure it won’t stop him doing the school run or taking his kids to the park.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Hemel Iron wrote:Stupid Facebook posts along the lines of 'Tag a mate and if they don't respond within 5 minutes they owe you a Nando's'
People that lie on there to stir **** up, which is then shared by people who are usually quite intelligent:
No one has been banned for displaying a picture of an "offensive" bacon sandwich, no one has been arrested for wearing an England shirt.
Why do people feel the need to generate fake victimhood? It's not like they're even scousers........
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:A colleague who’s “worked” from home for the past 5 years, without ever actually getting agreement from work. One of the benefits of having our bosses in the US and the company firing them every 12 months or so.

Wouldn’t actually mind, but his absence numbers are ridiculous. Either he’s ill or his wife’s ill or his kids are ill or his dads ill or whatever. He has at least 1 absence day per week, sometimes more. Today’s excuse is that he has “back pain/spasm”. You’re at home all day FFS. Sure it won’t stop him doing the school run or taking his kids to the park.
There’s a fella in work who’s been doing this sort of thing for the past 8 or so years. He really has become “Employee 000 - The Forgotten Employee”* He’s managed to get his job description down to supporting a single application which is hardly used and even then, rarely goes wrong. It did go wrong once and was down for four days. He was nowhere to be seen but still got away with it. He’s NEVER in the office and rumour has it that his golf handicap has improved no end at all. Anyway, he’s been gladly picking up his wages for nigh on eight years and nobody is none the wiser. There’s people who’ve started here and left and never even knew of his existence. Half of me admires his pure guile and the zero ****'s he gives and I often wonder would I have the front to do this.

*It really is a great read - https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

"Employee 000"? Nothing salient coming up on my searches? Can you post a link?
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:"Employee 000"? Nothing salient coming up on my searches? Can you post a link?
https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;