Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hammers Dad »

Tenbury wrote:I can walk 20 metres max ,on crutches, can I get a f**king blue badge? ...Can I f**k.

If I could get to Shirehall and meet the pathetic council non entity who makes these decisions I'd love a chat...
My MIL lost her badge as they said her walking was fine even though she can barely walk 20 feet without pain.
One of my ex-neighbours managed to get one (and a car) as he suffers mental health issues brought on by the Troubles in NI....he was a loyalist and involved in thuggery. His legs and everything else was fully functioning though
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Hammers Dad wrote: One of my ex-neighbours managed to get one (and a car) as he suffers mental health issues brought on by the Troubles in NI....he was a loyalist and involved in thuggery. His legs and everything else was fully functioning though
Interested to know how you know that 'and everything else' was fully functioning?
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

Hammers Dad wrote: One of my ex-neighbours managed to get one (and a car) as he suffers mental health issues brought on by the Troubles in NI....he was a loyalist and involved in thuggery. His legs and everything else was fully functioning though
Monkeybubbles wrote:
Interested to know how you know that 'and everything else' was fully functioning?
Because him and his girlfriend used to pop over most weekends and we'd see him out and about doing normal things. I know quite a bit about him by the time he moved. He had the occasional "My back hurts this morning" (so does mine on occasion) but other than that, he was fully functioning.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Hammers Dad wrote:
Because him and his girlfriend used to pop over most weekends and we'd see him out and about doing normal things. I know quite a bit about him by the time he moved. He had the occasional "My back hurts this morning" (so does mine on occasion) but other than that, he was fully functioning.[/quote]

Could he keep it up though! 8-)
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

claretandblue82 wrote:
Could he keep it up though! 8-)
Apparently not unless he had his little blue pill.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

dissapointment...
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Reviews.

Either constantly being asked to write a review about your latest purchase or when you are looking at reviews to try to help make an informed decision about something.

Also when I was looking at knee supports on Amazon, I looked at the questions that people asked as I needed to know about how it fits etc and on more than one occasion some one had decided to add an answer along the lines of "I am sorry I do not know, I bought this for someone else" . Why bother even answering the question? Frustrating . .
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Reviews.

Either constantly being asked to write a review about your latest purchase or when you are looking at reviews to try to help make an informed decision about something.

Also when I was looking at knee supports on Amazon, I looked at the questions that people asked as I needed to know about how it fits etc and on more than one occasion some one had decided to add an answer along the lines of "I am sorry I do not know, I bought this for someone else" . Why bother even answering the question? Frustrating . .
Similar to when you deal with an on-line company and they ask you to take a questionnaire.

You answer a question, move on to the next one to which they ask, "What was your reason to the answer of the previous question"?

Does my f**king nut in!

Needless to say that nowadays, I decline the option to take the questionnaire.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Three Mobile ringing me up to "congratulate" me for my customer loyalty, and offer me the "reward" of getting more data each month (even though I only use about half of my allowance), whilst all I have to do in return is pay them an extra £3pm.

Marvellous.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Ah there's nothing like conning customers into thinking you're giving them something when you're not!
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Chuggers. How one of these hasn’t taken a slap is. Round me. Surely it’s not too much to ask to be able to go about your business without these idiots stopping you.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:Chuggers. How one of these hasn’t taken a slap is. Round me. Surely it’s not too much to ask to be able to go about your business without these idiots stopping you.
Chuggers? :?
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

The Race Card.

I hate racism, but I also hate the paranoia of other races towards white people.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Loosing my debit card
Shanghai Hammer

Post by Shanghai Hammer »

How PTSD is becoming fashionable.

I saw the following headline a weeks or so ago: "Keira Knightley has revealed she was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as she struggled with her sudden rise to fame".

I've see similar things from other celebs when they have split up from their partners for example. I know some military personnel that have taken part in some very traumatic incidents and in a small minority of those cases have actually been diagnosed quite rightly with PTSD. However having a barney with your ex doesn't justify posting your self diagnosis of PTSD in The Sun.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1205 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Mental illness is cool.

Until you actually have it.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Chuggers? :?
Chugger = A Charity mugger. The annoying a-holes with a clipboard that pounce on you in the street on the earhole for donations to a charity. Usually some scruffy student type, and rife on every high street on a Saturday.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I got "smished" over the weekend - an SMS telling me my online account had been closed down and I should click this link to unlock it. Annoying that a) someone got my phone number, b) they knew who I bank with, and c) when i told my bank they used the term "smished" in their reply (via Twitter).
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

DasNutNock wrote:I got "smished" over the weekend - an SMS telling me my online account had been closed down and I should click this link to unlock it. Annoying that a) someone got my phone number, b) they knew who I bank with, and c) when i told my bank they used the term "smished" in their reply (via Twitter).

Was it from Santander by any chance?

I don't even bank with them, but had a text saying my account had been locked.

:thdn:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

No, but along those lines. Presumably it was a guess, then. Cheeky f*ckers. I have no idea why service providers can't shut that sh*t down.