Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Today i bumped into...

Postby Number9 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:08 pm

pablo jaye wrote:Went to see filming of Sky Portrait Artist Of The Year today at the Wallace Collection in London. It's done in a relatively small room so plenty of bumping into Joan Bakewell, Frank Skinner, Tai Schierenberg, Kate Bryan and Kathleen Soriano. However, the highlight for me was the huge smile that Rachel Hunter gave me, whilst she was sitting for the artists.

Can you just turn up or do you need invite/tickets?
Number9

Postby Rocket on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Number9 wrote:Can you just turn up or do you need invite/tickets?

I don't know about this show but I went to a filming of Deal or no Deal (yes, really) when I was a student and we needed tickets, although they were free.
Rocket

Postby Number9 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't know about this show but I went to a filming of Deal or no Deal (yes, really) when I was a student and we needed tickets, although they were free.[/quote]

I used to go see Have I Got News for You, Father Ted & loads of other stuff for free.
Great fun most of them. I used to get the tickets from Private Eye if I remember right.
Number9

Postby -DL- on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Number9 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:46 pm

-DL- wrote:Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.

Was it whatsisname ??/
Number9

Postby Longneck'd Iron on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm

-DL- wrote:Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.

Thingymebob!
Longneck'd Iron

Postby pablo jaye on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Yes, Sky Portrait Artist is excellent. I had thought you just needed to turn up but it had been so popular this year that they had to introduce wristbands for 4 separate hour long sessions. Wristbands were free and people passed them on to those waiting when they came out of the gallery. A great atmosphere and artists, crew etc all happy to chat. Won't be aired until Jan next year.
pablo jaye

Postby Number9 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 pm

pablo jaye wrote:Yes, Sky Portrait Artist is excellent. I had thought you just needed to turn up but it had been so popular this year that they had to introduce wristbands for 4 separate hour long sessions. Wristbands were free and people passed them on to those waiting when they came out of the gallery. A great atmosphere and artists, crew etc all happy to chat. Won't be aired until Jan next year.

Thanks
How did you know it was being filmed there?
Number9

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

Funnily enough, I was watching the last series and noticed a few banners in the background of shots, inviting people to come and watch - however, I realised that the filming had well and truly finished. I then had a look on the Wallace Collection website and there was an item about this year's filming.
pablo jaye

Postby Number9 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:06 pm

pablo jaye wrote:Funnily enough, I was watching the last series and noticed a few banners in the background of shots, inviting people to come and watch - however, I realised that the filming had well and truly finished. I then had a look on the Wallace Collection website and there was an item about this year's filming.

Nice one, I'll keep a look out for the filming of the next series.
Thanks
Number9

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Had a brief chat with Robert Huth backstage at the Kasabian gig last night
Dcscent bloke tbf
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby RichieRiv on Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Crossing the road outside the Tower of London, David Sullivan in his roller. Stood in the middle of the road and gave it cross hammers (much to the embarrassment of my niece and nephew).

Fair play to him though he gave it back.
RichieRiv

Postby hammerdivone on Sun May 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Gnome on the Jubilee Line, post end of season boat, still coherent which was more than I can say for a few others I met who'd been on it :D
hammerdivone

Postby HighWycombeHammer on Mon May 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Met Andrew Buchan (Mark Latimer from Broadchurch) at Waitrose High Wycombe last week. Doing the shopping with his little one.
HighWycombeHammer

Postby HighWycombeHammer on Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 am

Martin Keown at Marylebone Station yesterday. Probably one of the 30k at the Emirates last night....
HighWycombeHammer

Postby PF. on Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 am

Alita Pear 8-)
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow

Postby Mega Ron on Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm

I stood behind Steve Davis in the post office last week.

He appeared to be posting memorabilia. A lot of it.
Mega Ron

Postby DasNutNock on Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 pm

I saw that bloke off that TV thing the other day. You know the one - wore that hat and was married to the bird off that ITV thing with the matey with the funny voice.
DasNutNock

Postby pablo jaye on Wed May 17, 2017 7:19 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I saw that bloke off that TV thing the other day. You know the one - wore that hat and was married to the bird off that ITV thing with the matey with the funny voice.

Funny you mention that because I was in this place over the weekend and saw that blonde bird who used to knock around with matey. What a coincidence?!?
pablo jaye

Previous

Return to The Snug