Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Puff Daddy »

ironstu wrote:Arthur Masuaku. A bizarre turn of events yesterday, I was walking down Cheapside from St.Paul's to Bank and saw our very own Arthur crossing the road, Louis Vuitton bag in hand. Watched him go into the Metrobank and then realised that he had just come from the Porsche Cayenne with the French number plate which was parked in the loading bay outside Greggs with it's hazards on. For those that know this part of the city, it is not the sort of place you can just leave your vehicle to pop in to the bank!!

I thought I'd stick around (I went into Greggs for a sausage roll really) to see what unfolded and within 5 minutes, there was a City of London Police car, closely followed by a CoLP Riot Van pulled up beside his car, 5 or 6 coppers got out and were circling his car, looking through the windows. A couple of minutes later, Arthur comes strolling out of the bank and sees the police surrounding his car, he pulls his phone out and starts videoing them and talking in French as if he was on a video call or something before jumping in the drivers seat...he did not give a flying toss!

Police opened his door and questioned him for a what seemed like an age before I needed to head off, saw him hand over his driving licence. Would love to know what punishment he got.

:lol:
Great story, but I have two observations

1) How did you know it was our Arthur you saw? I mean, tbh, I wouldn't be able to recognise our Arthur, even if, like you, I did bump into him in the street

2) I'm curious wht he would be doing in the herat of London's financial district at any part of the day
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Great story, but I have two observations

1) How did you know it was our Arthur you saw? I mean, tbh, I wouldn't be able to recognise our Arthur, even if, like you, I did bump into him in the street

2) Im curious wht he woudl be doing in the herat of London's financial district at any part of the day
Fair enough observations!

1) I must admit it took a good racking of the brain to realise it was Arthur at first, I knew I recognised him, and I knew he was a footballer but couldn't put a name on him until it suddenly dawned on me. It was soon confirmed when I saw the car had "AM26" printed on the door by the wing mirror!

2) He couldn't have looked more out of place. It's a Metrobank branch on Cheapside though and the time he was in there, I can only assume he had some sort of appointment!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1981 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

On and on
Arthur Masuaku
On and on
murders for the park, you
On and on
given three points away

2-3-4

[yes, I know you don't get three points for parking offences, so that's poetic licence, for you, Rodders]
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

ironstu wrote: Fair enough observations!

1) I must admit it took a good racking of the brain to realise it was Arthur at first, I knew I recognised him, and I knew he was a footballer but couldn't put a name on him until it suddenly dawned on me. It was soon confirmed when I saw the car had "AM26" printed on the door by the wing mirror!

2) He couldn't have looked more out of place. It's a Metrobank branch on Cheapside though and the time he was in there, I can only assume he had some sort of appointment!
Isn't Metrobank a bank for people with poor credit history and who cant get a bank account anywhere else ?
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Isn't Metrobank a bank for people with poor credit history and who cant get a bank account anywhere else ?
Perhaps he hasn't been paying his parking fines...
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

Tony Singh, the Sikh TV chef. At Edinburgh airport rushing to catch a flight yesterday evening. He didn’t seem to want to stop for a chat.
Balhamite
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Balhamite »

Marlon Harewood outside the OS yesterday. A perfect gent who had time for everyone.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Tony Blackburn’s son lives a few doors down and there’s no mistaking his dad’s voice, emanating from their garden.
Tenbury
Has liked: 722 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Alan someone or other, who apparently used to play out wide for Wolves in the 60s and was in the Hereford side that turned over Newcastle.He was in the bed opposite me in the Worcester Royal.

Boring as f**k, a walking advert for euthanasia.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Puff Daddy wrote:Isn't Metrobank a bank for people with poor credit history and who cant get a bank account anywhere else ?
They also let you bring your dog in and give them bowls of water and dog biscuits. Maybe he’s an animal lover. :lol:
DoubleDave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by DoubleDave »

George Parris at the Leicester game, sat down and had a beer and a chat with me, my mate and his two boys, lovely bloke.
Andriy Yarmolenko at half time in the bogs, I asked him when will he be back, he said two weeks.
His wife is stunning.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Puff Daddy wrote:Isn't Metrobank a bank for people with poor credit history and who cant get a bank account anywhere else ?
No.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

DoubleDave wrote:George Parris at the Leicester game, sat down and had a beer and a chat with me, my mate and his two boys, lovely bloke.
Andriy Yarmolenko at half time in the bogs, I asked him when will he be back, he said two weeks.
His wife is stunning.
What was his wife doing in the Gents?
Dead Paul

Post by Dead Paul »

Rio..... Well not today but last week, the day of the Barce vs Man U game..

I work as Security for Gatwick Airport so see many celebs, David Mitchell, Victoria Corren-Mitchell, Linekar, Le Saux, Crouchy, Rita Ora, Bob Geldoff, the strange looking girl from Game of Thrones, David Haye, a few comedians, Raphael Spiegel, Rob Lowe, the list goes on and on and on.

That particular morning was the first time I've actively spoken to one of them. I don't like to give people an ego. The others I've spoken to have been through having to search them or their bags. Linekar is an arrogant tosser, Le Saux couldn't have been a nicer bloke and Crouchy was exactly how you'd expect him to be, nice, funny and more than happy to shake everyone's hand.

Having been around the age of 10 or 11 when Rio broke through, I idolised this guy, he couldn't do wrong in my eyes, his drug ban was a conspiracy against him, he was the worlds best defender for a good 5 or 6yrs.. I saw him walking towards where I was stood, approached him and said "Rio, I'm a West Ham fan and you're an absolute legend, you were my hero growing up", he gave me one of his Elvis lip flicks, said "Yeah?", like he'd heard it a thousand times and then just carried on walking without saying another word.. I said bye but nothing happened, no hand raise or wave or acknowledgement of any kind.. within the space of 10 seconds, my day, week, month and year was made, and my heart broken.. they say don't meet your heroes, in this case it was proven correct

I understand it must be tedious having everyone coming up to you and speaking to you but I'd just watched him walk through about 250-300 people and he wasn't spoken to once so it weren't like he'd been bothered loads of times in a short space of time..

I know he doesn't have to do anything but it doesn't take much to take the Crouchy route, shake a hand, give a smile and a thanks for the kind words.. it goes a long way..
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

Dead Paul wrote:Rio..... Well not today but last week, .
My third favourite mod of all time.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

[quote="Dead Paul"]he gave me one of his Elvis lip flicks, said "Yeah?", like he'd heard it a thousand times and then just carried on walking without saying another word../quote]

I'm sure, as you say, it gets annoying, but all the ex-pros I know have no problem exchanging a few pleasantries with fans when they're out & about. Not like he was having dinner with his kids or something.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Dead Paul wrote:I said bye but nothing happened, no hand raise or wave or acknowledgement of any kind.. within the space of 10 seconds, my day, week, month and year was made, and my heart broken.. they say don't meet your heroes, in this case it was proven correct
The bloke's a tosser.

Sadly this has become clearer and clearer as the years have gone on. Moving to Man Utd probably didn't help his ego.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

mushy wrote:My third favourite mod of all time.
He's certainly up there.
Dead Paul

Post by Dead Paul »

DasNutNock wrote:I'm sure, as you say, it gets annoying, but all the ex-pros I know have no problem exchanging a few pleasantries with fans when they're out & about. Not like he was having dinner with his kids or something.
And with just a few words of "Thanks man, much appreciated" I would've been saying to my mates that I'd met Rio and he was a decent bloke. Instead, I'm saying what an arrogant prick he is.

I also agree about the dinner thing, if he was then I wouldn't have dared go and disturb a family meal but in an area that I approach and speak to members of the public to help with tickets, searching, what to get out of their bags etc then approaching him there is fair game..
sendô wrote: The bloke's a tosser.

Sadly this has become clearer and clearer as the years have gone on. Moving to Man Utd probably didn't help his ego.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree unfortunately.. My claret specs definitely have been removed in regards to him now. Maybe I should have kidnapped him and said "You just got merked bruv!!", maybe he would've given me a bit more respect then?
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

mushy wrote:My third favourite mod of all time.

3rd!!! :evil: