Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby djclipz on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 am

DasNutNock wrote:Dropping a small fortune at Tesco, only for a bunch of money-off coupons to arrive in the post the following morning.

What annoys me about this is why it isn't just linked to your card and you decide to use it at the till. Countless times I've had money off vouchers (not points) that expire in about a weeks time. Apparently it is all due to me using my 'membership' card so why **** do i have to take a piece of paper with me and scan it instead of the card just doesn't using it automatically.
djclipz

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 am

Aye, well that whole clubcard thing is a big scam designed to make them money, not save anything for you. I know the people who set up the company Tesco used, and they became very very rich.
DasNutNock

Postby djclipz on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 am

Oh yeah i'm not surprised at all and they have all done it. The one that has been the most helpful in that regard though is waitrose. They do take money off on some things like the free paper deal when you spend over a tenner. But still send you money vouchers instead of loading the card :fsake:
djclipz

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:54 pm

God botherers outside Brixton station.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby uptonparkhurst on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:44 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Dropping a small fortune at Tesco, only for a bunch of money-off coupons to arrive in the post the following morning.

I think that if you are one of those folk who take the car and do a "big shop" they will take you for granted,
but if you go in there and spend about a tenner you might get a voucher for "spend £20/£30 save £3" or somesuch.
(It's been a long time since I got one, so this may have changed.) Of course the time limit is very short, but
you can spend it on most things except beer, ciggies and fuel.The vouchers that come through the post are usually for specific products that they either sell out of quickly or are over-priced to begin with.
uptonparkhurst

Location: On the ground floor, thinking that the "next level" could be the basement

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 pm

They send us money off vouchers - often pretty good discounts. £15 off a £90 shop, and suchlike.
DasNutNock

Postby prophet:marginal on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:10 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:God botherers outside Brixton station.

Repent!
And be baptised for the remission of your sins!
prophet:marginal

Postby delbert on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Trying to sort out some rail travel on a Saturday and the route is unavailable. I assume it's down to weekend work as the same route is OK during the week, but trying to get any details is a nightmare. I was looking at Ilford or Seven Kings to Rayleigh but there's no mention of a bus replacement service, just not available.......
delbert

Postby prophet:marginal on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 pm

^^That's going to be Crossrail (or Elizabeth Line, whatever) related, I'd have thunk.
prophet:marginal

Postby sendô on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am

Important headline news on the BBC:

Prince Harry gets his beard rubbed by a young boy.
sendô

Postby neil_d on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:57 am

delbert wrote:Trying to sort out some rail travel on a Saturday and the route is unavailable. I assume it's down to weekend work as the same route is OK during the week, but trying to get any details is a nightmare. I was looking at Ilford or Seven Kings to Rayleigh but there's no mention of a bus replacement service, just not available.......

Should be buses between Shenfield and Southend Vic (and all intermediate stations): https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel- ... er-and-458

(Not sure this is Crossrail related specifically, maybe a knock-on effect, as that only comes out as far as Shenfield. Never ending weekend works which started over two years ago!)
neil_d

Postby Denzil on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 pm

I seldom eat there, however my recent post on speed awareness did get me thinking; why do McDonald's stop their breakfast menu at 10:30? Surely midday is a more suitable time?
Denzil

Postby delbert on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 pm

neil_d wrote:Should be buses between Shenfield and Southend Vic (and all intermediate stations): https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel- ... er-and-458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure this is Crossrail related specifically, maybe a knock-on effect, as that only comes out as far as Shenfield. Never ending weekend works which started over two years ago!)

:thup: Cheers mate, and Proph. The strange bit is it doesn't even give you option to buy the tickets, you'd think that even with a bus replacement service it would give you the option...........
delbert

Postby S-H on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:42 pm

This is actually a thing.

https://www.textapotato.com/

S-H

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Being dialed into an important and very busy conference, not paying any attention, and suddenly hearing your name mentioned (followed by expectant silence).
DasNutNock

Postby James P on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Denzil wrote:I seldom eat there, however my recent post on speed awareness did get me thinking; why do McDonald's stop their breakfast menu at 10:30? Surely midday is a more suitable time?

Most McDonalds don't have the capacity to serve breakfast and main menu at the same time. Presumably it's more profitable to sell main menu between 10:30 and 12:00 than breakfast.
James P

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Being dialed into an important and very busy conference, not paying any attention, and suddenly hearing your name mentioned (followed by expectant silence).

So why are you irritated?

Shouldn't the other people on the conference call be the one's who are irritable at your lack of concentration??
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Polaroid on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 am

sendô wrote:Important headline news on the BBC:

Prince Harry gets his beard rubbed by a young boy.

I must have been in a good mood this morning when I saw that.
I read it as Ginger twat gets mocked by child.
Polaroid

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:So why are you irritated?

Shouldn't the other people on the conference call be the one's who are irritable at your lack of concentration??

Pfft. Their fault for being such boring American c***s.
DasNutNock

Postby sendô on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:06 am

DasNutNock wrote:Being dialed into an important and very busy conference, not paying any attention, and suddenly hearing your name mentioned (followed by expectant silence).

Surely that's an easy "sorry the line broke up can you repeat that".

Unless other people were in the room with you?
sendô

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug