Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:23 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:No, just minging vadge.

:shock: Harsh!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 am

mixture wrote:Going back a few years we used to get the odd power cut, not that often but a few times a year. We used to light a few candles, laugh a lot and maybe get a board game out until the lights came back on. Either that or just go to bed early and sleep until the sun came up.

Basically, treated electricity as a luxury of modern life and dealt with it when it wasn't available.

sorry , but whats a candle ? :-)
chigwells finest

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:05 am

Clacton-ammer wrote:I had that in one of the first houses I ever purchased (semi detached), honestly Daniel son, I know they are new neighbours and you want to get on etc, but you have to deal with this **** now, otherwise it could turn nasty and you could end up headbutting your neighbour...

Middle-aged divorcee, and her teenage kids. I'm going to be polite and friendly from the off, but if it carries on, I will fight dirty. By which I mean, I'll set my wife on them, which ought to straighten things out.
DasNutNock

Postby mushy on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 am

Is she a looker?
mushy

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am

The dog? Dunno mate, that's not my thing.
DasNutNock

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Lazy work colleagues.
Cockneyboy311

Postby Samba on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:No, just minging vadge.

I much prefer your description of 'ever fragrant'..
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Kludgehammer on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:55 pm

In fairness, he's never actually described the fragrance before - it could have been flowers, it could have been pig poo, but as it turns out...
Kludgehammer

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:55 am

mixture wrote:
Basically, treated electricity as a luxury of modern life and dealt with it when it wasn't available.

TBF, if it wasn't for the fines, compo, etc. we'd still probably be suffering the same these days.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby Blow Bubbles on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:17 am

So one of my cats pretty much disappears for hours, every day from late morning to early evening. Thought nothing of it and assumed he was outside in the garden or someone else’s for years.

Found out from a door to door salesman today that he is spending his time in the house over the back! Bloke asked the woman their if she had any pets and she said, ‘no, but this cat visits me’. The silly bint is obviously letting him in her house but not just that, she is obviously feeding him as he hardly eats at home now!

She knows his name, and my name and address as it is on his collar and referred to it. I wanna go round there and kick off about how he has a home, and food... But I’m afraid I’ll lose my ****, am I overreacting?
Blow Bubbles

Postby -DL- on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 am

^^^ I'd embrace it dude. It's costing you less money in food, less fur in your house, and you still get to see the moggie of an evening.

It's kind of a win-win.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby fmgod on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 am

Cats are going to cat! If they can get more food, if it's warmer, they feel safer, they'll do it naturally.
fmgod

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:55 am

What on Earth gave you the impression you own a cat?

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby mushy on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Clearly the cat prefers your neighbors house to yours.
mushy

Postby Samba on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

That's a real tricky one.
Years ago, before I can remember, a neighbour started feeding our cat (probably better food) & my mum & sister were not very happy about it. They were even less happy when the lady moved & took the cat with her..
In this case, you can't really stop the cat doing what IT wants to do BUT, I do think your neighbour is being a bit out of order. Yes, she may enjoy a cat visiting her every day but she has no right to feed what she knows is somebody elses cat. It's clearly not a stray. Will she enjoy paying its vet bills as well? All the fun of a cat, with none of the responsibility.
It depends on you, really. You say you have another cat(s) so if you can live with the idea, let it go. The cat may be enjoying being in an environment where it is the only cat.
If you can't, go round there & politely ask that she stops feeding it, as it's not fair on you, as its owner.
Samba

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Blow Bubbles wrote:So one of my cats pretty much disappears for hours, every day from late morning to early evening. Thought nothing of it and assumed he was outside in the garden or someone else’s for years.

Found out from a door to door salesman today that he is spending his time in the house over the back! Bloke asked the woman their if she had any pets and she said, ‘no, but this cat visits me’. The silly bint is obviously letting him in her house but not just that, she is obviously feeding him as he hardly eats at home now!

She knows his name, and my name and address as it is on his collar and referred to it. I wanna go round there and kick off about how he has a home, and food... But I’m afraid I’ll lose my ****, am I overreacting?

:lol: you think you "own" a cat ... that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

Mate, they own you. You just don't know it.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Blow Bubbles on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Lol. So basically, the general consensus is the cat is gonna do what he’s gonna do. I get that, but she doesn’t have to feed him does she.

To be fair, he always come home in the end. I guess I’ll just have to live with him being a bit of a slag.
Blow Bubbles

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Blow Bubbles wrote:Lol. So basically, the general consensus is the cat is gonna do what he’s gonna do. I get that, but she doesn’t have to feed him does she.

To be fair, he always come home in the end. I guess I’ll just have to live with him being a bit of a slag.

Neighbours feeding your cat is a pain in the barse. Ours even has DO NOT FEED on his collar, because the vet told us he's overweight and told us to feed him some special "fat b*stard" cat biscuits. I'm sure they all think they're being helpful and like his company (he is, to be fair, a great cat - loves people, very friendly etc) but they're making him unwell.
DasNutNock

Postby Samba on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Neighbours feeding your cat is a pain in the barse. Ours even has DO NOT FEED on his collar.

He takes it off when he goes visiting...
Samba

Postby bubbles1966 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Tooth/jaw pain.

Surely they should have invented some fantastic replacement for teeth by now instead of wasting their time on things like rockets to Mars and 5G?
bubbles1966

Location: It's December.....time to forget the serious things...merry Xmas all

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug