Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

Alistair Campbell will be on the shitbox tonight, talking about depression. While I’m all in favour of open discussion about mental health, it would be nice if they hadn’t chosen such an unpleasant, sociopathic bully to talk about it.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

DasNutNock wrote:Alistair Campbell will be on the shitbox tonight, talking about depression. While I’m all in favour of open discussion about mental health, it would be nice if they hadn’t chosen such an unpleasant, sociopathic bully to talk about it.
:lol:
Did you see the thing the other night when Prince William met top footballers & Jermaine Jenas?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I did not, though I saw it advertised. Laudable stuff, of course, but I’m not sure cosseted millionaires are exactly highly identifiable among us “normal” people.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

DasNutNock wrote:I did not, though I saw it advertised. Laudable stuff, of course, but I’m not sure cosseted millionaires are exactly highly identifiable among us “normal” people.
Stinks to high heaven don't it.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

RichieRiv wrote:Stinks to high heaven don't it.
Not as bad as this woman in work. She really reeks - I mean REEKS of BO. I work a good 4 meters from her and her stench is so nauseating, I had to go out of work because I thought I would vomit. On Monday morning she came in with exactly the same clothes she had been wearing all last week and they were rank. I'd have a word but I've got to be careful of upsetting her as I work in a very PC workplace.

She walked in the kitchen area where I was and I walked out straight away. I couldn't stand being with a foot of her. Comments have been made to the management but they are walking on egg shells and are frightened to tackle it. Cowards.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Couldn't you leave a note on her desk when she's not about? Keep it polite and avoid words like stench or phrases like "bog house door on a Grimsby trawler" and the HR nazi's should be OK.........
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Leave deodorant on her desk, with a post-it saying 'You're welcome'
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Professional gamers
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

One of the hardest conversations I have ever had is telling someone that their colleagues have complained about them due to their personal hygiene! I spent about an hour talking to an empty chair practicing what was best to say!!

My gripe today, people who say they are listening but they are not hearing what you are saying as they don't want to hear the truth. I'm going to eventually have to go all Tom Cruise on them and tell them you can't handle the truth.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Arriving at the office as usual at just before 7am to find my team has locked my laptop away somewhere in the interests of security.

Still waiting for them to arrive now at 08.21 and my emails are being ignored by all of them.

They did send me an encrypted email with its whereabouts I'd imagine but sent it in a format not supported by our phones so need my laptop to ****ing open it!!!

Gradually sinking into a rage
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Clacton-ammer wrote:One of the hardest conversations I have ever had is telling someone that their colleagues have complained about them due to their personal hygiene!
I had to do this a couple of years ago. Summer of 2017, got multiple complaints over different days about a driver who stank so badly, it was affecting the service as the relief drivers were having to leave the bus stationary at the changeover point with the cab door and window open long enough for the stench to be tolerable.

Didn't bother me having to do it, I was blunt and to the point, and gave him a Lynx gift pack with shower gel and deodorant in it and advised him to use the staff showers before the start of his duty, which he did.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Fair play DL, I hated having that conversation, I did think one way out was to give everyone nose plugs...

Funny thing was he was actually alright in the meeting, understood, said he will do better, which he did. I was just really uncomfortable with it.
S-H

Post by S-H »

I worked in a factory when I was teenager, full of hot machinery for washing sheets and towels.. I had to work next to a rather large woman who smelt like road kill, on a hot summers day.. she had a fan placed in front of her that wafted her stench right at me.

The worst summer of my life..
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

S-H wrote:....smelt like road kill....
Must have been particularly difficult for you.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Quite.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

We have a big fat Jockanese chap at work nicknamed 'Stinky Pete' at one point it got so bad that one of the chaps said to stinky , 'Oi f*** off and have a shower or something you are putting me off my breakfast' ,It worked for the remainder of the week, then stinky returned to normal
He turned up in the office last summer when It was rather hot, after about an hour he was ripe, So I sent the ****er to Harrogate on a wild goose chase made up job, he was not happy as he was due to fly to Scotland from Southampton the following morning
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote:I worked in a factory when I was teenager, full of hot machinery for washing sheets and towels.. I had to work next to a rather large woman who smelt like road kill, on a hot summers day.. she had her fanny placed in front of me that wafted her stench right at me.

The best summer of my life..
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

S-H wrote:I had to work next to a rather large woman who smelt like road kill, on a hot summers day.. she had a fan placed in front of her that wafted her stench right at me.
That's a challenging w@nk if ever there was one !
S-H

Post by S-H »

S-H wrote:I had to work next to a rather large woman who smelt like road kill, on a hot summers day.. she had a fan placed in front of her that wafted her stench right at me.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: That's a challenging w@nk if ever there was one !
For the average man, maybe.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Monkeybubbles wrote:
Must have been particularly difficult for you.
:D