Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

People who believe they are cool because they claim to dislike certain genres of music.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Also;
DasNutNock wrote:People who believe they are cool because they claim to like certain genres of music.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

DasNutNock wrote:People who believe they are cool because they claim to dislike certain genres of music.
Cockneyboy311 wrote:Also;
DasNutNock wrote:People who believe they are cool because they claim to like certain genres of music.
Also;
DasNutNock wrote:People
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

My p**** neighbours again.

I spent most of my Sunday afternoon rodding the shared sewer, which was backed up with what must have been a dozen packs of wet wipes and a good couple of weeks worth of excrement.

The drain in the alleyway, which must be approx 2½' x 1½' and maybe 2' deep was full to the brim - and I don't mean with shitty water with a few floaters, I mean with a solid brown mass that I most likely could have stood on.

It took me 5 full buckets of water, 45 minutes of running the hose directly into the drain and a lot of rodding to clear it to a point where all the **** was gone - and even then I had to get down INTO the drain with a trowl and SCOOP out wads of wet wipes.

Yet when I knock on their door to politely ask them to not flush wet wipes down the drain I get a mouthful of abuse and a lot of "not my ****ing problem mayte". :eh:

Pretty much sums up some people - she'd rather literally get to the point where excrement is backing up her drains and **** is flowing along our alleyway, and presumably back up her downstairs toilet - rather than accept she's wrong and she needs to do something to stop the issue.

I'm tempted to stuff a wad of wet wipes straight up her soil stack (not a euphemism) so that only hers blocks and not mine. I'm getting fed up of having to rod the sewer every 6 months or so.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

John Hartsons voice as a commentator on BT sports
Like nails on a chalk board
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

sendô wrote:My p**** neighbours again.

I spent most of my Sunday afternoon rodding the shared sewer, which was backed up with what must have been a dozen packs of wet wipes and a good couple of weeks worth of excrement.

The drain in the alleyway, which must be approx 2½' x 1½' and maybe 2' deep was full to the brim - and I don't mean with shitty water with a few floaters, I mean with a solid brown mass that I most likely could have stood on.

It took me 5 full buckets of water, 45 minutes of running the hose directly into the drain and a lot of rodding to clear it to a point where all the **** was gone - and even then I had to get down INTO the drain with a trowl and SCOOP out wads of wet wipes.

Yet when I knock on their door to politely ask them to not flush wet wipes down the drain I get a mouthful of abuse and a lot of "not my ****ing problem mayte". :eh:

Pretty much sums up some people - she'd rather literally get to the point where excrement is backing up her drains and **** is flowing along our alleyway, and presumably back up her downstairs toilet - rather than accept she's wrong and she needs to do something to stop the issue.

I'm tempted to stuff a wad of wet wipes straight up her soil stack (not a euphemism) so that only hers blocks and not mine. I'm getting fed up of having to rod the sewer every 6 months or so.
4” test plug bung their side of the drain up and it’ll soon be their ****ing problem
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Sendo, if there is a next time then find a way to pump the **** through her letterbox. She will need more than wet wipes then.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Could they have come from 'further up the line', sendô?
Anyone that believes that they can put wet wipes down the loo, even if they claim to be 'flushable', is a c**t of the highest order.
Apart from toilet paper, nothing should go down there unless it's the result of what you've already eaten or drunk.
Some people treat toilets like dustbins or waste disposal units. They're really not.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Samba wrote: Could they have come from 'further up the line', sendô?
No, aside from the fact that I've rodded my drains so many times now over the years I'm a ****ing expert on the local sewers, the blockage in this case is not in the sewer that flows along the front from property to property, it's the sewer that goes up the shared alleyway between mine and next doors house.
jastons wrote:Sendo, if there is a next time then find a way to pump the **** through her letterbox. She will need more than wet wipes then.
The way the sewer connections are laid out, the pipe that comes from my stack is next to the flow away into the main sewer, so I could just clear half of it, and leave the wads of wipes blocking the stacks from their house.

Or I could scoop all the wipes out and dump them on their doorstep.

Something to look forward to in the summer. :thdn:
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Samba wrote:Could they have come from 'further up the line', sendô?
Anyone that believes that they can put wet wipes down the loo, even if they claim to be 'flushable', is a c**t of the highest order.
Apart from toilet paper, nothing should go down there unless it's the result of what you've already eaten or drunk.
Some people treat toilets like dustbins or waste disposal units. They're really not.
Sadly gents, the World is full of "I'm alright Jack, everyone owes me a living" f**ktards.

More than a little thing that irritates me I'm afraid.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Samba wrote:Anyone that believes that they can put wet wipes down the loo, even if they claim to be 'flushable', is a c**t of the highest order.
there was a thread on here some time ago, with some posters insisting it was their right to flush whatever ***** they liked in the loo and drains. cos they pay taxes you know?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

FA Cup commentator last night in the Chelsea v Man U game, Jesus H Christ on Terry Waites rusty old bike he must have a sore tongue this morning after tonguing Ole's & Man U's arse all night!

Sendo, proper c**** they be, suggest you place the ***** stained wet wipes back through their letterbox about 3am in the morning and make sure no CCTV is about.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Sendo, proper ***** they be, suggest you place the ***** stained wet wipes back through their letterbox about 3am in the morning and make sure no CCTV is about.

Exactly what is needed, an escalation in tension between neighbours. Had that once, did not end well. I couln't give a f**K, but my wife started to worry and in the end we had to move away as it was too much for her. Lucky we were only renting, so it was quite easy, but I don't know what would have happened if we had bought the place.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Do be aware that if/when you come to sell the place, one of the questions on a buyer's solicitor's form is "have there been any disputes with a neighbour?"
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

but.. but... Sendo will be feel better :D
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

Samba wrote: Anyone that believes that they can put wet wipes down the loo, even if they claim to be 'flushable', is a c**t of the highest order.
In Greece there are signs on toilets asking you not to flush toilet paper down there.
Never mind toilet paper, wet wipes, condoms, tampons and a host of other things are all fair game according to a lot of Brits that go there.
Its the same here I would guess, the trouble is until they come up with some sort of monitoring system it will just carry on, people really dont care.
I would say that your neighbours behaviour is quite common.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ yea', c**** are pretty common
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Do be aware that if/when you come to sell the place, one of the questions on a buyer's solicitor's form is "have there been any disputes with a neighbour?"
Unless there is documented evidence to prove that there was a dispute I would always answer no to that question. I had a neighbour from hell and the police almost got involved. Instead, we moved and it was the best thing we ever did. The ignorance and selfishness of people never amazes me.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

mushy wrote:In Greece there are signs on toilets asking you not to flush toilet paper down there.
Yeah, I'd heard that. The diameter of their pipes are too small or something.
They have to put their sh*te paper in a separate bin, don't they?
warp

Post by warp »

^ the chinese do that as well