Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Burningaham

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Burningaham »

I upgraded my phone on Saturday. Not changed number, not changed email addresses not changed anything. Ever since I've had a steam of spam messages on mail and text.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Burningaham wrote:

I used to work with a bloke who was in a pearl jam tribute band, they were good.
Were they called Peal Necklace?
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Mayday wrote:There are some great tribute bands. Dirty DC for one, absolutely brilliant band and a darn sight cheaper than seeing the real thing. Back in the 90's the Australian Doors were great when you couldn't obviously see the real thing.
I saw the Small Fakers one Friday night a few years back at the Ruskin Arms , they were brilliant.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 706 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Were they called Peal Necklace?
:lol:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

a grown man riding his bike on the pavement looking at me as if i was in the wrong
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

psychoscoredthelot wrote:a grown man riding his bike on the pavement looking at me as if i was in the wrong
I had a great one a few weeks ago. A bloke riding his bike on the pavement, smashing into a bloke who was texting on his phone without looking where he was going. The ensuing argument was hilarious.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

cover bands are evil.
yes some of them are good. meaning they can play their instruments and execute with little to no fantasy something that's already been written by someone else.

apart from the sadness of the people mainly playing someone else's tunes (rocker wannabes), cover bands are detrimental to proper (or even ****) bands that play their own music. not because cover bands are better, only because you get 200 people for a mediocre cover band and 20 for a cracking band no one's ever heard about.

so i would like to amend my first sentence.
people who like cover bands and pay to watch them are evil.
honestly, f*** you guys!

:)
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

The number of people who still tell me that their email address is all lower case.

It's 2016. Surely everyone knows how email works by now.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

James P wrote:The number of people who still tell me that their email address is all lower case.

It's 2016. Surely everyone knows how email works by now.

I do that, I never knew that :D
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

BBC 4 documentary on punk from 79 to 82.bands featured, kraftwerk, the human league, magazine, Adam and the ants and gang if four. f*** off right now. They're about as punk as Maggie Thatchers fat arse. What about the exploited, gbh discharge,, UK subs, all the crass bands, conflict and all the oi! Stuff. Not a mention.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:kraftwerk, the human league, magazine, Adam and the ants and gang of four. .
All student bands except for the ants who were a pretty good band until they became a teeny band. I still remember years ago as a 16 year old punk wandering through woolworths and seeing a kid of about 10 years old buy the dog eat dog single with his mum and realising that it was the end of the ants as a punk band. :lol:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

What annoyed me most was the way they just dismissed the hardcore punk as the soundtrack to "yobbish and violent behaviour" then they started going on about the fall who were and still are just unlistenable imo.
I never really got into Adam and the ants at all. Didn't really see what people saw in him.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:What annoyed me most was the way they just dismissed the hardcore punk as the soundtrack to "yobbish and violent behaviour" then they started going on about the fall who were and still are just unlistenable imo.
I never really got into Adam and the ants at all. Didn't really see what people saw in him.

To this day I cannot understand how he got to No1 with so many **** songs and kept some brilliant songs off the number one spot. I think it was all rigged.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Punk is a little bit **** tbf, so I imagine they just went through the motions with it as part of their diversity process.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Ant Music for Sex People
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Manuel Neuer's arrogance on being 'comfortable on the ball', coming out of his area, his casual passes etc

Yes, he's probably the best keeper in the world and deserves all his plaudits, but the way he walks halfway up the pitch and strokes the ball around like a sweeper gets on my tits and he's gonna get seriously unstuck.

He doesn't need to do it, he just does it because it's a 'thing' he does.
I've noticed it with Ter Stegen too.

In the immortal words of Danny Baker:

"Get back in your goal, man and stop fooling around..."
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

The whole "Italian Football is boring" stereotype.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

Pedestrians. 'Oh look. My light to cross has gone red. Sod it, I'll cross anyway.' Should be a £100 fine for pedestrians that deliberately cross on a red, just like it would be for a motorist if they went through one.

'I can't be bothered to walk that 15 yards to the pelican/Zebra/Puffin crossing, so I think I will just saunter across here instead and get in the way and stop the traffic'.

c****.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

ageing hammer wrote:
To this day I cannot understand how he got to No1 with so many **** songs and kept some brilliant songs off the number one spot. I think it was all rigged.
Where do you stand on 'Shaddap You Face' keeping 'Vienna' off number one? 35 years after the event, I still can't decide which of the two I prefer...
Glory Hunter
Location: Dreaming Dreams, Scheming Schemes, Building Castles High
Has liked: 13 likes

Post by Glory Hunter »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:BBC 4 documentary on punk from 79 to 82.bands featured, kraftwerk, the human league, magazine, Adam and the ants and gang if four. **** off right now. They're about as punk as Maggie Thatchers fat arse. What about the exploited, gbh discharge,, UK subs, all the crass bands, conflict and all the oi! Stuff. Not a mention.
I only half watched the show, so may have got the wrong end of the stick, but wasnt the 79-82 show more focused on Post Punk? So these were the bands that had been influenced by the punk ethos, rather than being punks themselves (I'm pretty sure I saw Orange Juice on there!). The show on before had more of what I would consider the traditional punk bands - Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, X-ray Spex. Having said that, I'm too young to remember the scene (born in 73), so my knowledge is probably quite limited.