Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Tenbury on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Best wishes Peter,enjoy your holiday in the frozen North, and get well soon.
Tenbury

Postby WHU Independent on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 pm

With my sister at a double cash point. Next think we know a brand new beemer screeches up, a chinese guy hops out, stuff his card in presses his pin and leaves. My sister realises the guy has forgotten his money, picks up the cash (about £300) and rushes to his car to give it to him just before he screeches away. She taps on his window and he grabs the cash and with a "Nice one babe!" he ****'s off. Not a thank you, the offer of a reward - nothing.

She was upset that she wasn't thanked more than anything and even more upset when I said "If I was you, I would have kept it!" ;)
WHU Independent

Postby 'Appy 'Ammer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 pm

WHU Independent wrote:With my sister at a double cash point. Next think we know a brand new beemer screeches up, a chinese guy hops out, stuff his card in presses his pin and leaves. My sister realises the guy has forgotten his money, picks up the cash (about £300) and rushes to his car to give it to him just before he screeches away. She taps on his window and he grabs the cash and with a "Nice one babe!" he ****'s off. Not a thank you, the offer of a reward - nothing.

She was upset that she wasn't thanked more than anything and even more upset when I said "If I was you, I would have kept it!" ;)

A Chinese Takeaway
'Appy 'Ammer

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Sunburn. I am currently sporting a beetroot face, resplendent with white sunglasses marks and a crescent where my baseball cap was.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby FreeWheeling on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm

FreeWheeling

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:No offence.

None taken. It's a work phone. As if I'd pay for a phone.
DasNutNock

Postby Clucking Bell on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 pm

DasNutNock wrote:A fair point, but this lot don't look healthy or happy. They just look frigid and joyless.

Wearing sports kit at any time other than when you're actually participating in sport ought to be a burning at the stake offence.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 am

FreeWheeling wrote:Image

Believe me, you ain't too far off the truth there mate! :shock:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby sendô on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Re-mortgaging, in particular the excruciating pain that is dealing with lawyers.
sendô

Postby warp on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:37 pm

giving a **** about what other people wear :D

they're most probably assholes anyway, whether they dress suits or tracksuit bottoms.

don't be a snob: hate equally.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:53 pm

sendô wrote:Re-mortgaging, in particular the excruciating pain that is dealing with lawyers.

Aye? I remortgaged the other day, and I was staggered by how well it went. Admittedly, it was with my existing provider, but my fix wasn't due to end until December, and I wanted another fix before rates crept back up. They gave me a new rate within 20 minutes of phoning them, and even including the inevitable "arrangement fee", I'm saving £80 a month, or roughly 5.5k over the 5 years of the fix. They also let me switch to the new rate immediately, waiving the remaining months of the old fix, but adding them to the new one - so I went from 3.4% to 1.9% for 5 years & 4 months.

Imagine I could have saved another £12 a month or so if I'd gone to a new provider, but I'm not sure I could cope with that much arseache.
DasNutNock

Postby sendô on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Well I made the mistake of waiting until a month before my fix was up, expecting that to be enough time, but between the broker taking ages finding the deal and the lawyers taking an age, instead of dropping from 3.5% to 1.8%, I'm now saddled with a month on the tracker at 4.9%, costing me £200 odd over my original rate.
sendô

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:28 pm

sendô wrote:Well I made the mistake of waiting until a month before my fix was up, expecting that to be enough time, but between the broker taking ages finding the deal and the lawyers taking an age, instead of dropping from 3.5% to 1.8%, I'm now saddled with a month on the tracker at 4.9%, costing me £200 odd over my original rate.

Pain in the barse, and no mistake. Hear stories like this SO often - brokers & lawyers dragging their feet on simple renewals.

In my defence, I've been obsessing over my rate since fixes dropped under 3%, and have been hawkishly bothering Santander to let me agree a new rate for years. Yes, I really am THAT much of a sad b*stard.

I also have a related story that REALLY underscores what a financially petty man I am, but I'm reluctant to discuss it in case I'm accused of bragging or "humble bragging", which really isn't the intention...
DasNutNock

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:58 pm

sendô wrote:Well I made the mistake of waiting until a month before my fix was up, expecting that to be enough time, but between the broker taking ages finding the deal and the lawyers taking an age, instead of dropping from 3.5% to 1.8%, I'm now saddled with a month on the tracker at 4.9%, costing me £200 odd over my original rate.

Exact same happened to me. Had to pay 3 months over the odds, from 2.5% to over 4% which doesn't sound much but when you're on a monthly budget it can take a big whack out of your earnings. Financial adviser was great, it was just the solicitors took so long and we had to ring them every step of the way to get it sorted. Bottom line is, they've got you by the balls and they know it. You're at their mercy.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 pm

'bout 12/13 years to late

But Gwen Stefani and her ****ing Harajuku Girls
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby sendô on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 pm

They've just emailed me, after me chasing them this morning. "We've now received your mortgage offer". Cheeky back to fronts, I received it on 25/07. Complete 22/08. FML.
sendô

Postby hammerdivone on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Jehovah Witnesses coming down our road today mob handed, knocking on the door despite a polite sign saying no cold callers etc. Why do you think by knocking on my door I'm suddenly going to religious, twatheads?!!

I was so dumbfounded I forgot to tell them to **** off!
hammerdivone

Postby hammerdivone on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Sky and Openreach.

For months we have had terrible noise on the phone line and broadband that keeps dropping. every time Sky check they say the line is fine, well okay but nothing is working so what are you actually testing? Three days later Openreach engineer turns up when the problem isn't occurring and declares nothing wrong (no ****!), but tells me on the QT that there is a problem on the main road but they would need temporary traffic lights, and as it's close to current roadworks they wouldn't get permission.

Almost everyday the broadband drops, today has been a nightmare with it only being up for about 10 minutes at a time at best. Received a text from Openreach saying we've fixed your problem. Broadband speed test shows a download speed of 1.36 Mb/s and upload speed of 6.05 Mb/s and continues to drop :? Err no you haven't. Contacted Sky on their My Sky App at 19:10 as the lines were very busy. Took over an hour to respond, I replied immediately then nothing except for 'Our message service ends at 21:00, please message us tomorrow morning to continue'.

They are getting both barrels over the phone in the morning *****!
hammerdivone

Postby hammerdivone on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:41 pm

It's not been the best of days!
hammerdivone

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

Went to see Rev Peyton and his Big Dam Band at the Borderline in Charing Cross road and the place has been done up, unfortunately the place stinks of ****. Not sure why but it stinks badly and I had to suffer a few hours of breathing in **** fumes.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug