Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by ageing hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:People dicking about at cash machines
One of my favourites Puff, usually women I find.

You put in the card press 4 digits, select the amount you want, and enter.so simple 30 seconds max,

They take about 5 minutes and are looking around them, hand over the mouth as if they are driving looking for an address, the card is put in and out 4 times, press buttons in slow motion and then they look for a receipt and turn to walk away but move one foot to the left and start reading the receipt in case it's a mistake. Meanwhile there's now ten in the queue getting soaked in the pissing rain. :fsake:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ you think you have it bad?
you can pay utility bills, buy plane tickets and f*** knows what else at ATMs here in portugal.

especially irritating when ****ing assholes do it at the ATM in the canteen. ffs! you can do all those things on your phone, there's free wireless, and you have a computer in the other room which is also apt to the task, but no, f*** everyone off, you have to be an entitled **** and let everyone queue behind your lardarse.
c****
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

ageing hammer wrote: You put in the card press 4 digits, select the amount you want, and enter.so simple 30 seconds max,
They take about 5 minutes and are looking around them, hand over the mouth as if they are driving looking for an address, the card is put in and out 4 times, press buttons in slow motion and then they look for a receipt and turn to walk away but move one foot to the left and start reading the receipt in case it's a mistake. Meanwhile there's now ten in the queue getting soaked in the pissing rain. :fsake:
Don't forget the ones who want to put more than one card in, one after the other. I feel like tapping them on the shoulder & saying, 'have you got a f**king deck of cards there?'.
Samba

Post by Samba »

The fact that whenever I grow facial hair, I think that I look like I should be on some kind of register..
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Samba wrote:The fact that whenever I grow facial hair, I think that I look like I should be on some kind of register..
I work with a bloke who looks identical - not similar or "just like", I mean absolutely identical - to Peter Sutcliffe, when he grows a beard.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Barcey Dussell.
She's very BBC, isn't she? Safe & boring as f**k.
No offence.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Samba wrote:The fact that whenever I grow facial hair, I think that I look like I should be on some kind of register..
DasNutNock wrote:I work with a bloke who looks identical - not similar or "just like", I mean absolutely identical - to Peter Sutcliffe, when he grows a beard.
Does he know?
Actually, it's only a moustache that makes me look dodgy.
The full beard & I'm in danger of being mistaken for this years Father Christmas..
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Samba wrote:Does he know?
He knows now, yes, since I loudly pointed it out to him at work.
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

DasNutNock wrote:
I work with a bloke who looks identical - not similar or "just like", I mean absolutely identical - to Peter Sutcliffe, when he grows a beard.
I used to work in an office with a ripper clone. I really really wanted to ask him if anyone had ever told him he looked like Peter Sutcliffe but the thing was he was really young (20ish) and had probably never heard of him. Could have been awkward trying to explain it!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Samba wrote:Barcey Dussell.
No offence.
f***, is she ever? She rattles all my sabres, as does that other stuck up, pompous bitch and don't get me started on Bruno Toniolli. I would really fear for him if I ever got stuck in a lift with him
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Driving at night on roads that aren't lit and these LED / Xeon lights that blind you so you can't see anything. Driving back from Devon last night in the pissing rain was a nightmare.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

When there's no crisps in the house. Yes, there's peanuts, but I don't want c*nting peanuts, I want CRISPS.
Last edited by DasNutNock on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Samba wrote:Barcey Dussell.
No offence.
"Oh my goodness "
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

DasNutNock wrote:When there's no crisps in the house. Yes, there's peanuts, but I don't want c*nting peanuts, I want CRISPS.
Found some twiglets.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Puff Daddy wrote:People dicking about at cash machines
On a similar note, people who start rooting around in their bag and wallet for money or a card when there's six people behind them in the line at the supermarket. What did they think was going to happen next? Were they expecting the cashier to say 'Don't worry about it, this one's on us'
Polaroid
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 223 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Driving at night on roads that aren't lit and these LED / Xeon lights that blind you so you can't see anything. Driving back from Devon last night in the pissing rain was a nightmare.
+1 on these bloody lights.
The other issue is that with an increasing number of 4x4 cars around the headlamps are that much higher that they cause a similar issue for those in saloons/hatchbacks etc.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Getting on a train, in the Quiet carriage, plotting up all comfy with a decent seat, a cup of coffee and a new book you want to read only to have your quiet disrupted by a hooray Henrietta talking on her phone constantly (to her dad) all through your journey.

They two further passengers get on, crash right next to me when there are plenty of free seats, only to talk loudly in some kind of patois. And they stunk of fags. LIke they had a 60 a day habit.

I couldn't wait to get off.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Driving at night on roads that aren't lit and these LED / Xeon lights that blind you so you can't see anything. Driving back from Devon last night in the pissing rain was a nightmare.
Polaroid wrote: +1 on these bloody lights.
The other issue is that with an increasing number of 4x4 cars around the headlamps are that much higher that they cause a similar issue for those in saloons/hatchbacks etc.
+2 on the lights.

Also those that use the not entirely legal after market Halogen lights you can get on eBay and Amazon that are ridiculously bright. Had a mini-cab behind me on the A2 a couple of nights ago with them in and my face was lit up by my rear view mirror - also not helped by his headlight alignment out on one side.

Speaking of which - the MOT test. I reckon they should bring in an interim test 6 months after the main one, mandatory for all cars over 5 years old. One that checks tyres, brakes, suspension, steering and lights.

People are so lazy with car maintenance and making sure their vehicle is roadworthy, that a year is too long, and it would solve the people failing to replace their tyres after an advisory until the next year, or ignoring their headlight alignment, or driving with just one light working on the back of the vehicle, including brake lights...
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Another one on drizzly dark nights & driving. Been a few nights recently where I have been struggling to focus properly.

Can imagine accidents must go up ten fold from 4.30/5pm onwards this time of year.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Having to buy 10 diodes when I only need 1. What a waste. Okay, so they're only £2 a pack, but that's not the point.