Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

Samba wrote:In fact, use Earex* & you may not need the syringing done, at all.
*Meant to say Otex Express.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

djclipz wrote:****ing pot holes. Hit an asteroid crater on Monday when it was dark. Saw it late because of the light and had no choice because of oncoming cars. So not only a new tyre but found out today it has buckled the rim of my car too. Lovely. God knows how many ppl got done on it, I saw a guy with 2 flats further up the road and there has been about 14 comments on the fixmystreet website for the same hole. They had promptly filled it in by Tuesday morning when I returned to get a good picture too. :x
Charge the council for the work that you've needed to get done and if they won't comply threaten them with legal action. A mate of mine did this and they refused to comply until the solicitors got involved. They couldn't pay up quick enough after that as they didn't want it to go to court.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
Charge the council for the work that you've needed to get done and if they won't comply threaten them with legal action. A mate of mine did this and they refused to comply until the solicitors got involved. They couldn't pay up quick enough after that as they didn't want it to go to court.
Yeah I fully intend claiming that is for sure. It has pissed me right off. The only thing I worry about is I haven't got that many pictures of the damage and like I said it was partly filled in by the morning. Was too dangerous and dark to get anything when it happened.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

****ers who start every statement with "So," and also the same people who end every sentence as if asking a question due to their vocal tone. ****ers.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Comedy ****ing plumbing. The c**** who did my house must have searched high and low to find as many non-standard fixtures, fittings and pipe sizes as they could.

I'd finally psyched myself up to replace the downstairs furnace only to find that the useless c**** had used 2-1/2" pipe for the flue. Not 2" or 3" which you can buy anywhere, but 2-1/2" which I have to special order.

As the house is as old as me, I suspect the ****ers responsible are long dead so I'm making do with cursing them and hoping that they are rotting in hell.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1790 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

AnthraxDave wrote:****ers who start every statement with "So," and also the same people who end every sentence as if asking a question due to their vocal tone. ****ers.
I've even seen posts on forums starting with "So". I ignore them even if I know the answer.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: I've even seen posts on forums starting with "So". I ignore them even if I know the answer.
So, even if it meant that by ignoring this post you would be responsible for your nearest and dearest dying a horrible, painful death, you would still ignore it?
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Clucking Bell wrote:Comedy ****ing plumbing. The ***** who did my house must have searched high and low to find as many non-standard fixtures, fittings and pipe sizes as they could.

I'd finally psyched myself up to replace the downstairs furnace only to find that the useless ***** had used 2-1/2" pipe for the flue. Not 2" or 3" which you can buy anywhere, but 2-1/2" which I have to special order.

As the house is as old as me, I suspect the ****ers responsible are long dead so I'm making do with cursing them and hoping that they are rotting in hell.
Do you live in a crematorium?
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

The fact that there are adverts from "My Blacky" on this site.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Don't we all get adverts that correspond with other browsing history?

The missus used this computer during the week, to find and book a holiday. Ever since, the ads I am seeing here are nearly all holiday-related.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 581 likes

Post by vietnammer »

So when did I Google Russian ladies looking for English and Canadian Mens ?
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1956 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

As I've posted probably too often, my youngest has been quite poorly for the last few years and has a run of rotten luck.

We bought him a couple of kittens to give him some focus, and companionship on the days when he can't leave the house. He was particularly fond of Pedro, who was half cat, half monkey.

This morning Pedro was hit by a car outside the house and made it as far as the doorstep before he passed away. Poor kid just can't get a break.

vietnammer wrote:So when did I Google Russian ladies looking for English and Canadian Mens ?
Don't ask me, chiefski.

Monkeybubbles wrote:As I've posted probably too often, my youngest has been quite poorly for the last few years and has a run of rotten luck.

We bought him a couple of kittens to give him some focus, and companionship on the days when he can't leave the house. He was particularly fond of Pedro, who was half cat, half monkey.

This morning Pedro was hit by a car outside the house and made it as far as the doorstep before he passed away. Poor kid just can't get a break.
Rotten luck, Monkey...
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

prophet:marginal wrote:Don't we all get adverts that correspond with other browsing history?

Yep - the last story I read on the BBC site was about a fashion boss resigning because of a "slavery" picture (she was on a throne with 2 black attendants). I come to this site, and I'm being invited to find an "ebony beauty' on a site called My Blacky
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

My wife some time ago bought a 2nd hand dresser for my boy's room off of Facebook. We're now rearranging my boy's room because he has so much (too much) stuff, and him being the inquisitive little chap that he is, decided to pull the empty bottom drawer out.

At the back, underneath the drawer are a (clean) pair of adult knickers that have never belonged to my wife.

Guess whose now under suspicion and getting the cold shoulder?
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Monkeybubbles wrote:As I've posted probably too often, my youngest has been quite poorly for the last few years and has a run of rotten luck.

Sorry to hear that mate, that's a real kick in the balls.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

DL, I never had you down as a cross dresser?
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

That's just f**king heartbreaking, Mb.
Please don't tell me he was one of those 2 monsters whose picture you posted on here recently?
You'll have to get another.
Luckily my little stray doesn't appear to ever leave the back gardens.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1956 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Samba wrote: That's just f**king heartbreaking, Mb.
Please don't tell me he was one of those 2 monsters whose picture you posted on here recently?
You'll have to get another.
Luckily my little stray doesn't appear to ever leave the back gardens.
Cheers mate. Yes, it was one of those little munchers. He was quite an affable chap, really, despite looking nails.