Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by warp »

fmgod wrote:Why is realism portrayed so often as negativity

I think everybody should have a top of the range tablet
Me:So brilliant we'll spend £700 x number of staff

This was seen as negative

No it's the real world
they may be cheaper if bought in bulk :D
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

EvilC wrote:The sheer volume of enforced "fun" that people try and heap onto the rest of the population at this time of year.
A lot of my colleagues wont attend the xmas party because of the "organised fun" element. Don't blame them to be fair.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

EvilC wrote:The sheer volume of enforced "fun" that people try and heap onto the rest of the population at this time of year.
This,
Got our Xmas do & Secret santa today. Just leave us to have a couple of beers & be sociable. Playing silly games etc just gets up 90% of the attendees noses. I'm just having the meal & doing one later.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2712 likes

Post by sendô »

I always flat out refuse to do any of that ****.

It's bad enough having to do it for your kids, there's no way I'm doing it for a load of people I don't even like that much.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

FreeWheeling wrote:Nose bleeds, never had one in my life, had 3 in the last 36 hours
I get them every year around this time. The weather turns colder, I have to blow my nose more, at some point I will randomly hit the tipping point and will feel a 'pop' inside my nose then have to spend the next 10 minutes stuffing bits of loo roll up my nose to staunch the flow. Usually first thing when I'm getting in the shower, for some reason. Bloody annoying.

I went to the doctor a few years ago to see if they could do anything. I had my nostrils cauterised, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

Our office Christmas parties are usually quite a good laugh. This year the organisers decided it should be fancy dress. I hate fancy dress, but felt compelled to make some kind of effort rather than face the abuse of being a 'killjoy'.

£3 at Primark for an inflatable Santa hat and beard did the trick. I still got stick from the hardcore fancy dress brigade, but most people laughed (except the senior manager who asked who I was supposed to be...), and I was able to discard it for the drunken cycle ride home.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

The 'TUI' (was 'Thomson') TV ads... it seems you can't have a good thing without a bad. Sky are finally showing classic Simpsons again (season 2), and the attending ads are this nauseating honky version of the Chaka Khan classic Lanzini song 'Ain't Nobody'. Even when i mute it, the silent performance of the ghastly narcicisstic bint on the ad is enough to re-fetch my dinner.
jevs
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by jevs »

Going to an Indian restaurant and seeing a section on the menu for English food. Why would anyone go to an INDIAN restaurant and order fish and chips or a mushroom omlette. FFS :shock:
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by delbert »

Out of date traffic warnings on the radio. Yesterday I was informed the Rotherhithe Tunnel was closed and I was to avoid the area and find another route, luckily I heard it just as I was driving through it. If I'd heard that before thenI would have had to struggle to either the of the other two options which would no doubt have been gridlocked.........
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

jevs wrote:Going to an Indian restaurant and seeing a section on the menu for English food. Why would anyone go to an INDIAN restaurant and order fish and chips or a mushroom omlette. FFS :shock:
To be fair chips are great for dipping in the sauce,
jevs
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by jevs »

fmgod wrote:
To be fair chips are great for dipping in the sauce,
Noooo....that's what Naan breads etc are for. Bloody heathen :lol:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

fmgod wrote:Why is realism portrayed so often as negativity
Because it's an easy way to shut down a conversation. If you don't like what you hear, say that it's negative. Everyone around the table will nod in agreement.

I am with you. I am often portrayed as negative by colleagues at work, primarily because I am telling them things they don't want to hear, but if pushed (and if they had the minerals) they would agree.

I am a realist and know that the world isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean we should led shoddy or **** work go out the door. It also means that we can't improve as individuals, teams and companies.

I really need to sort myself out in 2018 and get myself on the right career path.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

When I can't think of anything to do on a saturday. Grocery shopping's already done, we have plans this evening (woo!), we all slept in (double woo!), baby's asleep (woo! again). But the footy doesn't start for another 4 hours and I genuinely can't think of anything useful to do with the time before kick off.

I fear the dreaded question "why don't we go for a nice walk?" is heading in my direction. Can't think of a decent rebuttal either. What a waste.
r99c
Has liked: 704 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

Going out of my way spending a lot of money to book comedy club tickets and a hotel in central London last night for the girl I'm seeing for her not to show up, not even sending me a text to cancel or replying to my messages.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

My ****ing stupid wife.

The subject of religion and making the kids believe that *****.

Told the small one that I don't believe in God. She told her mum that she doesn't believe in it either (My new hero)

Now getting utterly blasted for just telling the truth to the kids. Obviously much better to have then grow up believing that if they don't behave themselves they'll burn in hell forever. She told the small one that you cant see the wind much in the same way that you can't see God, so he could be real. Utterly ridiculous
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

That Sainsburys xmas ad on the telly "every bit of this"

People trying too hard to show how fun they are, and a really annoying song
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 153 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:The 'TUI' (was 'Thomson') TV ads... it seems you can't have a good thing without a bad. Sky are finally showing classic Simpsons again (season 2), and the attending ads are this nauseating honky version of the Chaka Khan classic Lanzini song 'Ain't Nobody'. Even when i mute it, the silent performance of the ghastly narcicisstic bint on the ad is enough to re-fetch my dinner.
I thought I was the only one.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

AnthraxDave wrote: I thought I was the only one.
Nah, it's definately Ain't Nobody
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 708 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:When I can't think of anything to do on a saturday. Grocery shopping's already done, we have plans this evening (woo!), we all slept in (double woo!), baby's asleep (woo! again). But the footy doesn't start for another 4 hours and I genuinely can't think of anything useful to do with the time before kick off.

I fear the dreaded question "why don't we go for a nice walk?" is heading in my direction. Can't think of a decent rebuttal either. What a waste.
Run to the garage, start up some power tools, get a brew on and look busy. Job done.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

My shed's in a right mess since the kitchen fitters decided to use it for temp storage. Actually if I'd been smart I'd have spent sat arvo tidying it. But I wasnt, so we went for a ****ing boring long walk.