Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

When you slow down to approach a roundabout and its 3 lanes.......then when actually start to circulate the roundabout it suddenly becomes 2 lanes.

No wonder there are so many silly prangs.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:When you slow down to approach a roundabout and its 3 lanes.......then when actually start to circulate the roundabout it suddenly becomes 2 lanes.

No wonder there are so many silly prangs.
The left lane should be turning left at the first turn off, not going around.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Don't you understand? He's BETTER than you. He's BETTER than all of us.

To be fair, though, I'd love to shag his mum. And her sister. Simultaneously, if that's possible.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:

To be fair, though, I'd love to shag his mum. And her sister. Simultaneously, if that's possible.

It would be difficult Dan unless you have 2 cocks :wink:
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:

site keeps crashing :eh:
Last edited by ageing hammer on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:

ditto :eh:
Last edited by ageing hammer on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I'm surprised that the name of the school and it's location is made public. This is a nutjobs dream surely?
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I'm surprised that the name of the school and it's location is made public. This is a nutjobs dream surely?
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Triple post ffs
Last edited by Cockneyboy311 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

DasNutNock wrote:To be fair, though, I'd love to shag his mum. And her sister. Simultaneously, if that's possible.
You cant Blame William for them having 3 kids. If I was him, I would be proper ruining her at every opportunity.
jevs
Has liked: 474 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by jevs »

As some of you know, one of my hobbies is keeping tropical fish and in particular, show quality Siamese fighting fish. As a result, I'm a member of several Facebook groups on the subject.

We seem to be living in a world of hyper sensitivity and some of the comments on said forums would be hilarious if they weren't so tragic.

For example, someone's fish died and they posted a picture of said deceased fish. Cue hundreds of people expressing their sincere condolences and all the "so sorry for your sad loss" replies

Another woman said "I've just lost my boy and I haven't stopped crying for days"....I honestly thought she had lost her son!!!! But no, it was a 2" fish. This was followed by the usual outpouring of grief and even offers to go a comfort them in person despite living 100 miles away.

I think I need a lie down in a dark room
jevs

Post by jevs »

As some of you know, one of my hobbies is keeping tropical fish and in particular, show quality Siamese fighting fish. As a result, I'm a member of several Facebook groups on the subject.

We seem to be living in a world of hyper sensitivity and some of the comments on said forums would be hilarious if they weren't so tragic.

For example, someone's fish died and they posted a picture of said deceased fish. Cue hundreds of people expressing their sincere condolences and all the "so sorry for your sad loss" replies

Another woman said "I've just lost my boy and I haven't stopped crying for days"....I honestly thought she had lost her son!!!! But no, it was a 2" fish. This was followed by the usual outpouring of grief and even offers to go a comfort them in person despite living 100 miles away.

jevs

Post by jevs »

jevs

Post by jevs »

Another woman said "I've just lost my boy and I haven't stopped crying for days"....I honestly thought she had lost her son!!!! But no, it was a 2" fish. This was following ed by the usual outpouring of grief and even offers to go a comfort them in person despite living 100 miles away.

Etonhammer
Location: Laid on the floor seeing 'Jesus saves' painted by an atheist nutter
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Etonhammer »

Recruitment Consultants-Part 2356

I am back in the UK and looking for my next project. I found an advert for a very interesting job based in London but with ‘travel’ required.

I speak to Dawn, the agent, she agrees with me that I am a natural fit for everything her client has asked for and, as it was for an off-shore wind farm in Taiwan, I have experience in this sector having completed 2 over the years.

It’s rare that you see a role that you can literally tick all the boxes for and, as the day rate was very good I was looking forward to the interview as she was ‘sending your details across right away’.
Two weeks go by and despite me calling and mailing I was unable to get any response from the Agent.
I received a mail last night stating that, after consideration, my details would not be put in front of their client.

I have since had none of my calls answered as both Dawn and Kevin are ‘away from their desks’.
I don’t mind so much about the job – although it looked very good on paper- but cannot believe the attitude of these two-bob chancers in the ‘recruitment’ business.

Kevin, the manager, made the decision and I very interested in talking to him about why he would not submit the CV of someone who matches their clients request.

I am anticipating Kevin being a bit embarrassed if he ever gets the balls to answer the phone.

Utter twonks, one and all
Etonhammer

Post by Etonhammer »

Double post
Last edited by Etonhammer on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Etonhammer

Post by Etonhammer »

I got the shuttle bus back from LHR to the hotel this afternoon. I was first on, a couple of people came after and then the glorious northern tourist couple get on…..
He walks past the driver and after she challenged him and told them that you have to buy a ticket he responded rudely that he was t’storting our t’suitcases.
Once he’s finished faffing about and in a loud, riddled with Yorshire, accent….
Northener: Do you go to t’Holiday Inn
Driver: Which one sir
N: I don’t know do I
D: Well there is seven around the airport Sir
N: I don’t bloody well know do I? How should I know?
D: This bus goes to one Holiday Inn sir but if you don’t know which one then I can’t really help
N: I was told to get the 55 Bus to t’Holiday Inn. Is this right?
D: Well I go to a Holiday Inn sir, If you were told to take the 55 and this bus has a big 55 on the front, I can only presume you’re right.
N: This is a joke, at least in Barnsley the t’bus drivers know where they go?
D: Sir, do you want to try?
N: (handing her a piece of paper) What does this say?
D: This says you have 2 return shuttle tickets to the Holiday Inn and you need to get the 55 Shuttle. This is the 55??
N: (angrily) Well I’m just sitting down
The fool and his wife then sit down and he was still bumping his gums about how the driver didn’t know where she was going and if it wasn’t the right bus he would be getting his money back…with damages!!!!!
I know some Northerners fall of the edge when they visit ‘that London’ but this guy, as an ostensibly sentient adult, couldn’t work out a bus journey when he had all the information in front of him.
And then blamed the driver for his own failings as a rude and stupid human being.

Note – I now expect DL to balck cat me on this one as his experience of morons tackling basic Bus etiquette must be legion.
Last edited by Etonhammer on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

There is no ****ing clock on the game on bt sport.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

double post
Last edited by djclipz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.