Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Mega Ron »

I made it perfectly clear to my side of the family that if they are to be in our lives then I wouldn't be putting up with any of their crazy ****. That of course means not seeing them on Christmas Day as they go DEFCON 1 ****ed up.

My wife's family on the other hand are people you want to be around. They're fun, funny, and nice. We have spent every Christmas with them since we've been together and will do that for as long as we are all around.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Funny this Xmas lark. My mun and dad divorced ages ago and are best of mates now. Me and the sisters go to my mums with my dad Xmas day, I do the (very short) drive and am designated driver Xmas day. I don't drink till I get home on Xmas day about 7pm and only have two or so in case we need a driver for an emergency.

This allows me to be liquid the rest of the season at home, watching war films/documentaries\playing computer games etc without any pressure. I suppose because me and sis no 1 have both never had the slightest interest in the marriage and kids "thing" with our respective partners (who do their own family thing elsewhere), and sis No.2 lives miles away it all slips into place easy.

In the 12 years or so Sis no 2 and her BF have been together, we've never ever been invited to meet/speak to Sis No 2's partners side of the family (very posh, rich, old money and landowners from the shires apparently, not interested in us Cockney oiks we have heard) and he takes his and Sis No 2's kid to his mums to be spoilt ridiculously somewhere miles away, so we all get together and have a laugh. Simples.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

You can't please everyone all of the time, so don't worry about it, as long as you and your immediate family are happy on Christmas day f*** the rest of em.

See them when it suits you and drink enough (when you do see them) so it doesn't bother you. :thup:

Tis the season, n all that.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Olly Murs. What a ****ing useless sack of unwanted turd.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

That highly annoying Ginger bearded slaphead on the Top cashback TV ad. Every time he emphasizes the word 'Top', I want to pluck out his beard, knit a scarf with it to strangle the b'stard!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Listening to some music on my lunch break. Headphones in walking around town just zoned out and embracing the vibes. Proper big surging track is reaching its crescendo. Suddenly it just stops, then sort of flickers on and off and then something else starts playing. I take my phone out my pocket, things come unlocked in my pocket due to the receipt of a text message.

It's from West Ham trying to sell me something.

****ing tossers.

Ruined that track for me.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ back in the day it was the walkman batteries running out of juice... always at the worst moment!
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

warp wrote:^ back in the day it was the walkman batteries running out of juice... always at the worst moment!
Used to slow the track down and give it an eerie vibe.

Walkmans were great though. If you used to hold down the fast forward button slightly it would speed up and they would sound like chipmunks. The things kids these days will never experience!
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Spending hours making a mixtape was the best way of telling your teenage crush that you loved them.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ not if you listen to thrash metal it isn't!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

In which case it's the best way of confirming that yes you are a weirdo
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

warp wrote:^ not if you listen to thrash metal it isn't!
Mega Ron wrote:In which case it's the best way of confirming that yes you are a weirdo
I'll drink to that! 8-)
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Just received a text saying with the Government backed Help to buy scheme i could secure a Bloor house with just a 5% deposit. Prices start from £520,000.. So with help to buy it could be as little as £416,000

I mean, i could of put this rant in 'makes you smile' thread too as I went through a range of thoughts when reading it. What is even the ****ing point of sending me that?
warp

Post by warp »

warp wrote:^ not if you listen to thrash metal it isn't!
Mega Ron wrote:In which case it's the best way of confirming that yes you are a weirdo
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I'll drink to that! 8-)

meanwhile, the two secretaries or whatever they're called in the office next door.
we were running smoothly (or just as bumpy...) without any secretaries, and even though one made sense, i'm still wondering why we have two. they have f*** all to do all day, two hours or more lunch break, f*** off by 5, giggling their way through the working day.

now i wouldn't mind all that, honest. they're alright.
but their voices are so ****ing irritiating and their giggles so high pitched i wished i had buckets of napalm in the office.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Finding The Snug halfway down the page not at the top of the "other forums".
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

Car indicators and hazard lights being the same
Driving down a busy high street and stopping to let a car out only to find the car is parked and got its hazards on, why not have the hazards connected to the white reverse light? It’s the only distinguishing light on the car that doesn’t flash or flicker when used so would be clear enough if used in a hazards light situation
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

edit wrong thread
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

Had the place to myself for the last couple of days.. this was meant to be ending tomorrow evening, i have now had word that this is no longer the case as the other half is coming back tonight instead. Completely scuppers me playing xbox all night and most of tomorrow... place is a bit of a tip too, the plan has all unfolded :fsake:
warp

Post by warp »

djclipz wrote:Completely scuppers me playing xbox all night and most of tomorrow...
in that case that's your fault!
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

^ oh i know.