Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby warp on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

davids cross wrote:Being a (mostly) daily dog walker, who is normally out for a couple of hours. My dress code is always taken from the same BBC weather forecast as above....(Crawley)...........or it was.

Honestly, I've really just given up with it....

I'm often to be heard chuntering away during the walk about the inaccuracy of the bloody forecast.

I have long since regarded all forecasters as gits....Image


you spelt "dogger" wrong, you perv!
User avatar
warp
 
Posts: 12664
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Monkeybubbles on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

davids cross wrote:Being a (mostly) daily dog walker, who is normally out for a couple of hours. My dress code is always taken from the same BBC weather forecast as above....(Crawley)...........or it was.

Honestly, I've really just given up with it....

I'm often to be heard chuntering away during the walk about the inaccuracy of the bloody forecast.

I have long since regarded all forecasters as gits....Image


Here's the forecast:

There's a deep depression over Crawley.
User avatar
Monkeybubbles
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 pm
Location: Rumble, Brighton, Tonight.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby davids cross on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm not sensing any sympathy really....

:)
User avatar
davids cross
 
Posts: 24198
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:20 pm
Location: Crawley, West Sussex.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 pm

davids cross wrote:I'm not sensing any sympathy really....

:)


You're in The Snug, posting in The "Little things that irritate you" thread and you're looking for sympathy?

I think you'll find it somewhere between s**t and syphilis in the dictionary!
User avatar
Eggs'n'nuts
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: Strolling, just strolling.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Samba on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:57 pm

People that leave a HUGE gap between themselves & someone at a cashpoint (like 10 or 15 feet), especially when it's inside the bank. Sometimes the gap is so big, you don't even know if they are in a queue!
Also happens in supermarkets at the lottery/baccy counter.
User avatar
Samba
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Asking stupid questions on a World Cup forum

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby southbrishammer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:53 pm

When you're waiting impatiently for the washing machine to finish because you want to empty it before you go out, and it's taking forever on the last spin, which seems to stop and start again a hundred times. Then it finally finishes and you breathe a huge sigh of relief and pull the door handle, only to remember that it then waits three minutes before unlocking the door. The longest three minutes ever.
User avatar
southbrishammer
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 am
Location: South Bris

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby The Collector on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 am

Samba wrote:People that leave a HUGE gap between themselves & someone at a cashpoint (like 10 or 15 feet), especially when it's inside the bank. Sometimes the gap is so big, you don't even know if they are in a queue!
Also happens in supermarkets at the lottery/baccy counter.


This could be due to the appalling bad BO of the person in front of them.
User avatar
The Collector
 
Posts: 4862
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Samba on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:49 am

southbrishammer wrote:When you're waiting impatiently for the washing machine to finish because you want to empty it before you go out, and it's taking forever on the last spin, which seems to stop and start again a hundred times. Then it finally finishes and you breathe a huge sigh of relief and pull the door handle, only to remember that it then waits three minutes before unlocking the door. The longest three minutes ever.

Yes, very annoying, sbh.
Although some modern machines show, on a little screen, exactly how long is left to go. And when times up, the door can be opened instantly.
Very pleasing.
User avatar
Samba
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Asking stupid questions on a World Cup forum

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am

Mouthbreathers. For ****'s sake, what is wrong with these people? How hard is it to just breathe through your ****ing nose?
User avatar
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
 
Posts: 13499
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:29 am
Location: The oil drum in the Garden of England

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 am

Samba wrote:Although some modern machines show, on a little screen, exactly how long is left to go. And when times up, the door can be opened instantly.


Except they're about as accurate as those Windows progress indicator bars, when they stop at 100% for several minutes. Or hours.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 am

Two germans having a loud, long conversation, near my desk. Why don't you goose-step back over to your desks and prattle away there instead?
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby delbert on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

southbrishammer wrote:When you're waiting impatiently for the washing machine to finish because you want to empty it before you go out, and it's taking forever on the last spin, which seems to stop and start again a hundred times. Then it finally finishes and you breathe a huge sigh of relief and pull the door handle, only to remember that it then waits three minutes before unlocking the door. The longest three minutes ever.


We went retro a few years back and got a billy basic top loader. Boil loads done in minutes not hours, no complicated programs, the drum is the right way up so no worn out bearings and the best bit? When you start a load and discover the wandering sock that's been left out you just lift the lid and pop it in..........
User avatar
delbert
 
Posts: 19083
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:27 pm
Location: The Cure & The Cause.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Mouthbreathers. For ****'s sake, what is wrong with these people? How hard is it to just breathe through your ****ing nose?


My stepson does that. It is irritating.
User avatar
Cockneyboy311
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Fascination Street

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Playing 5 a side last night and the opposing team dishing out the physicals but not liking it back in return.

"Oh, we're playing like that are we? I can play like that if that's what you want."

"Mate, you've been playing like that all game!"

Good job this was getting near to the end of the game as CB311 was starting to go full Roy Keane.
User avatar
Cockneyboy311
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Fascination Street

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:My stepson does that. It is irritating.


I'm seriously thinking of bringing some gaffa tape out with me and just slapping it over their gobs. ****ing irritating.
User avatar
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
 
Posts: 13499
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:29 am
Location: The oil drum in the Garden of England

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Surveying the kitchen I spent £20k on last winter, utterly destroyed by my wife and kid.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of bringing some gaffa tape out with me and just slapping it over their gobs. ****ing irritating.


Yeah, your mum loves it when I do that to her..
User avatar
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
 
Posts: 5182
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 am

replies in the transfer thread including the phrases ' sully special' ' next level ' its the west ham way ' etc etc and the like , gets very boring reading the same nonsense time and time again , must be a real pain to moderate as well
User avatar
chigwells finest
 
Posts: 8418
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: canning town most of the time

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby old fart on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 am

chigwells finest wrote:replies in the transfer thread including the phrases ' sully special' ' next level ' its the west ham way ' etc etc and the like , gets very boring reading the same nonsense time and time again , must be a real pain to moderate as well


Also, I know I'm getting old and grumpy but how many times does CH have to be thanked for his very useful daily update
User avatar
old fart
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:31 pm

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 am

chigwells finest wrote: the transfer thread


^^^

In the summer months, it drives me mental.
User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
 
Posts: 12645
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests