Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

westhammart wrote:To compound matters I paid for the wifi and found kumb was blocked as Qatar deemed it had inappropriate content!
The amount of people I've recommeded this forum to, who thought this place was a dirty site because it sounds like 'cum', is getting silly now.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

I'm not prudish in any way, but I am becoming increasingly irritated by foreigners singing in English (I guess because it's 'cool') and using unacceptable expletives.

Living in Switzerland, you hear many, many songs by French Swiss and German nationals and I'm sure that they do not appreciate that the language they are using is quite vulgar, and because it's being broadcast as a foreign language I don't think the radio stations appreciate it either.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The link above is to a swedish DJ, and the singer is his sister. The song makes absolutely no sense whatsoever - '**** that mouse, cos I'm an albatraoz'. I don't want to hear it playing on NRG in my car in the morning, thank you!
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Finding out the rugby's not on til 3 today. I'm bored NOW!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

The doddery old bat in M&S cafe who insisted that she could only do me a sausage bap OR a bacon bap, not a sausage AND bacon bap.

Small cappuccinos that turn up looking more like soup bowls and taste like Nescafé gold blend with skimmed milk.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

sendô wrote:The doddery old bat in M&S cafe who insisted that she could only do me a sausage bap OR a bacon bap, not a sausage AND bacon bap.
That is really ****ing irritating.
jevs
Has liked: 482 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by jevs »

People who leave their dogs tied up outside supermarkets.....dives me bloody mad especially when the dogs bark constantly
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

People who regularly phone in sick on a Monday, lazy hungover feckers
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Friday evening, thinking I have a plethora of sport to watch over the weekend, looking forward to it all, then, every one of my teams gets turned over, made worse as I happened to switch TV stations to see that **** John Terry lift the cup!!

Meh to sport at times, well more meh to supporting teams that are more up and down than a whores knickers..
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2650 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

People that chunter about holiday prices during school holidays and/or that they will get fined if they take their kids out of school.

Seriously, f*** off. If you don't like it, don't take the holiday or send your kids to a private school where I dare say you won't be charged for doing so.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 334 likes
Total likes: 708 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

BalaamBoy wrote:I'm not prudish in any way, but I am becoming increasingly irritated by foreigners singing in English (I guess because it's 'cool') and using unacceptable expletives.

Living in Switzerland, you hear many, many songs by French Swiss and German nationals and I'm sure that they do not appreciate that the language they are using is quite vulgar, and because it's being broadcast as a foreign language I don't think the radio stations appreciate it either.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The link above is to a swedish DJ, and the singer is his sister. The song makes absolutely no sense whatsoever - '**** that mouse, cos I'm an albatraoz'. I don't want to hear it playing on NRG in my car in the morning, thank you!
Blimey, whatever you do, don't listen to The Exploited or The Macc Lads then !
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

BalaamBoy wrote:The song makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
so?
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Whitters »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Blimey, whatever you do, don't listen to The Exploited or The Macc Lads then !

Yes....but then you wouldn't expect them to be played during the daytime on Radio 1 or Capital. I'm no prude but I blushed a bit when I heard the explicit version of Lily Allen's 'F*** You' being played over the tannoy of the Swiss equivalent of B&Q once.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Whitters wrote:I'm no prude but I blushed a bit when I heard the explicit version of Lily Allen's 'F*** You' being played over the tannoy of the Swiss equivalent of B&Q once.
outrageous. overkill's version is much better!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I was watching the Fresh Prince on the channel that was called 'trouble' during the day quit a few years back when the butler called Will a w.anker.

It made me love the show even more.
Last edited by Mega Ron on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewisham-mer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by lewisham-mer »

Every time the Bingo caller says All the 1's, Legs 11, then some twat has to whistle.

In fact, Bingo callers in general who always seem to be patronising camp old queens
nedgray

Post by nedgray »

This current trend whenever you are watching football or rugby and they now have the presenters before the game standing pitch side, normally with iPads in their hands too!
What is the point of that??
On Saturday before the West Ham game they spent all of the time pitchside talking about Crystal Palace then had their chairman interviewed by the pitch as well.
They hardly spoke about us and we were the f***ing home team!!
I'm starting to really despise Jamie Redknapp and Thierry Henry these days!
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

nedgray wrote: I'm starting to really despise Jamie Redknapp and Thierry Henry these days!

Starting to? What kept you? :wink:
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Blimey, whatever you do, don't listen to The Exploited or The Macc Lads then !
It's not the lyrics that bother me (apart from being sh-1te), it's the fact that a foreign language has been used, the sensitivities around the words are not understood, and then the local radio station plays it at inapproriate times when young children can be listening. The same radio station doesn't play much by the French rap band 'Nique Ta Mere' probably because the vocab, and the band's name are deemed to be offensive.

I'm sure I had a Macc Lads cassette many moons back . . . . not sure what happened to it. Maybe they should try singing in French?

'Elle porte une culotte rose, et elle travaille au station d'epuration' doesn't have the same ring to it!
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1290 likes

Post by davids cross »

lewisham-mer wrote: Bingo callers
By far the best and most unexpected choice on the thread......Image
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

BalaamBoy wrote:'Elle porte une culotte rose, et elle travaille au station d'epuration' doesn't have the same ring to it!
Thanks! I now know how to say 'big knickers' and 'sewage farm' in French.