Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by FreeWheeling »

Our work canteen switched from 'Costa' to 'Grumpy Mule' coffee
I thought Costa was ***** but the new one has developed a whole new level of poor coffee

In addition to this
My son in law, who when buying a coffee machine, despite my advice having been doing my own coffee for a number of years, went for the Nespresso one
His answer as to why , he has not got time in his life to mess around with a tampa version, he needs pods
Well I let it go knowing full well the result
after he got his machine I gave it a few weeks before asking how he was getting on with it, he seemed somewhat unimpressed that he still had to wait for the water to heat up before he got his coffee

So you had time to do a ****ing proper one then was my reply
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

I had a dream last night and the only bit I can remember was seeing a news bulletin that said “Radio 1 DJ suspended for comparing Nigel Farage to the Tour de France”.

Literally all day I’ve being trying to work out in what way you could compare Nigel Farage to the Tour de France, and how then how that would get a DJ suspended. It’s doing my head in.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 483 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

James P wrote: Literally all day I’ve being trying to work out in what way you could compare Nigel Farage to the Tour de France
You have to be on drugs to enter it?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

warp wrote:^
Easily the best smiley I've ever seen on here
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

People at airports that, when your gate is announced, have to be first in line.

Was at Stansted today and when the gate came through it was like the starting pistol at the marathon - dozens literally running to the desk!!

I sat to the end and, surprisingly, we were all on the same flight, all took off together and we all arrived together!!
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

Noble Man wrote:People at airports that, when your gate is announced, have to be first in line.

Was at Stansted today and when the gate came through it was like the starting pistol at the marathon - dozens literally running to the desk!!

I sat to the end and, surprisingly, we were all on the same flight, all took off together and we all arrived together!!
I was at Madrid airport a couple of weeks ago, waiting for a delayed easyjet flight home. Even though it was two and a half hours late, people formed a queue at the gate, and stood, and stood, and stood, until.....

....Easyjet changed the gate! Cue dozens of desperate simpletons trying to be first in line at a queue somewhere else.

As you say, being first in line makes no difference: we all took off at exactly the same time.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

devonshire flu wrote:
As you say, being first in line makes no difference: we all took off at exactly the same time.
Its the same as driving. It comes down to ego. Whilst sitting in traffic, where two lanes merge into one, people will always try to get in the queue just one car length ahead of you. Twats.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

devonshire flu wrote: As you say, being first in line makes no difference: we all took off at exactly the same time.
Exceptions to this:

1. Ryanair, as the seating is non-allocated.
2. As everyone "carries on" one of those stupid small suitcases these days the over head luggage compartments fill up rapidly, so if you've got something in the way of a reasonably sized bag that wont go under the seat you need to be near the front in order to avoid them putting it in the hold.

I make you right though, I normally sit and wait until the end too.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:As everyone "carries on" one of those stupid small suitcases these days the over head luggage compartments fill up rapidly, so if you've got something in the way of a reasonably sized bag that wont go under the seat you need to be near the front in order to avoid them putting it in the hold.

I make you right though, I normally sit and wait until the end too.
That is the annoying bit. You need to get on early if you want to avoid checking your hand luggage.

Fortunately, I have young children, so can sweep to the front of the queue whilst hundreds of eyes glower at me.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

When colleagues say, ''You're a star'' to me. :x
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

You generally find the ones at the front of the queue are the selfish pricks with oversized baggage.

That's why I like to keep a minimum of BA Bronze status as I can board with Business Class.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The unsettling feeling that comes when some planned work goes much more smoothly than anticipated. Did some maintenance work on some kit over the weekend, expecting the usual 8 hours on the phone to people in India, on the verge of tears. Everything went without a hint of a hitch in less than 2 hours and I can't shift the feeling that something is waiting to go catastrophically wrong to punish me.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Pulling on to a dual carriageway / 2 lane motorway behind a lorry - wait for the cars in the outside lane to pass, and then indicate to overtake, and someone that followed you on to the carriageway (usually in a German car) tries to go round you first.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

ThreeSixes wrote:Pulling on to a dual carriageway / 2 lane motorway behind a lorry - wait for the cars in the outside lane to pass, and then indicate to overtake, and someone that followed you on to the carriageway (usually in a German car) tries to go round you first.
I am still struggling to work out what it is with drivers of a certain 3 brands of German cars. I don't believe that everyone that owns one is a complete A-hole. However, nearly every instance of arrogant selfish driving is performed by someone in one of these cars. What is it about them that gives people an air of invincibility from accidents or the law? I'm not out to pick a fight with German car drivers, just curious as to why this is the case.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

You can add Jaguar drivers in Surrey to that list too. The ratio of nobhead drivers to Jags in Surrey is vast.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

Today this

To say I'm in a bad mood is a understatement I've bee puked on, on a bus. Jumped off at tidemills as it stank, next bus refused to let me on without paying after I explained what happened so walked to Seaford. Now feel unwell and pissed off. The man just went "I think I need cleaning up" I checked the mans health and contacted the bus driver he refused to get off or any medical help.

So now struggling to pick my mood up and need to burn my skin off
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: I am still struggling to work out what it is with drivers of a certain 3 brands of German cars.
I don't know, but I do know that since selling my 3 series and buying an S-Max I've found myself driving far more defensively. Is it a psychological thing?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:You can add Jaguar drivers in Surrey to that list too. The ratio of nobhead drivers to Jags in Surrey is vast.

Range Rover drivers too, often with accompanying personalised reg.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

sendô wrote:I don't know, but I do know that since selling my 3 series and buying an S-Max I've found myself driving far more defensively. Is it a psychological thing?
has the urge to invade Poland also passed? It usually does when a BMW is sold.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

My road is two cars wide. On Saturday, the Sainbury's driver turns up to deliver at our house. He parks in the space outside.

Whilst he is unloading our neighbours, the people opposite rock up in one of (!) their Range Rovers. They park over their own drive, alongside his van. This blocks the road, makes it look like the Sainsbury's driver's fault and force him to move when the next car comes down the road.

I quite like the wife that lives there (haven't met the fella), but you have to be some seriously selfish c**** to think that doing that is acceptable.
Last edited by EvilC on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.