Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Leaving work at 4pm today and the trains being up the wall. My car needed picking up from a local garage by 5.30 so I had to run to Liverpool St from Whitechapel to make it back in time. Oh and there was hailstones as well.

Made it with ten minutes to spare but I'm feeling it now. Running in loafers ain't the one.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Was the overground not working from Whitechapel to Shoreditch?

Sounds like a way of saving your loafers.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Humans
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

^^^ Agreed...(In fact ALL lifeforms).
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hammer Laffers wrote:Humans
My wife's favourite say.........

"I f****** hate people"

She's generally right. 8-)
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

mushy wrote:Was the overground not working from Whitechapel to Shoreditch?

Sounds like a way of saving your loafers.
I think it was, however it's still a good ten minute walk from Liv St station from there. I made a snap decision so had to go for it. I jogged it in about 15 minutes, maybe quicker.
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

[/quote]I think it was, however it's still a good ten minute walk from Liv St station from there. I made a snap decision so had to go for it. I jogged it in about 15 minutes, maybe quicker.[/quote]

When you made that snap decision and set off did just a little bit of you feel like Jason Bourne ?
De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by De Niro »

People who queue up in rush hour to cram on a bus, when the bus then terminates a five minute walk away at the tube station. If they don't make it on to one bus they then stand around waiting for the next one instead of walking.

People who lean against or wrap themselves around the vertical handrails on the tube, making it impossible for anyone else to hold on.

People who keep their backpack on whilst on the tube.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 801 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

I'm with you with backpacks on tubes. Morons.

I like to give them a little dig.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

BT continuing to bill me several months after I told the c**** I was off to virgin.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Notes on the bottom of emails asking me to "consider the environment" and not to print it out. I can make my own decision what to do with emails I receive, thank you very much.
1875Hammer

Post by 1875Hammer »

ThreeSixes wrote:Notes on the bottom of emails asking me to "consider the environment" and not to print it out. I can make my own decision what to do with emails I receive, thank you very much.
Single line emails with a 4 page footer full of ****.

Electronic signatures that give the impression your receiving this from the CTO of a multi-national conglomerate when you know they struggle to use a stapler at the local library.
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Females and the office thermostat. Think I've mentioned it again yet as per usual the office is hotter than the centre of the sun, yet you try to open one window to cool it down and all you get is snide comments. If you are cold put a coat on, I can't take any more layers off. Headbanger
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Slacking student wrote:If you are cold put a coat on, I can't take any more layers off.
i'm sure you can :wink:
and if they'll keep those temperatures up, it will mean that their door is wide open.

i mean, you're a scientist, experiment a bit!
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

LinkedIn recruitment people... I mean i don't mind some, its the ones that don't do what I say...

eg.
Speculative email from one, we have jobs available yadda yadda. I say im interested in seeing some details (mainly the wages). Send me through any extra details! Reply I get is "Are you available for a call this afternoon?"

No, i'm not... I just want details, talking to me isn't gonna change anything other than annoy me, im not actively looking... you know that because you contacted me, i just want to see if the grass is greener. Let me see what is in the market, and ill be in contact. Otherwise, piss off.
Slacking student

Post by Slacking student »

warp wrote:i'm sure you can :wink:
and if they'll keep those temperatures up, it will mean that their door is wide open.

i mean, you're a scientist, experiment a bit!
Warp having already done that with one who is senior to me I would not advise doing it again. Tim Hunt's comments appear to be spot on. Creates way to much drama.

I'm just going for all out cold war with a game of window roulette
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 426 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

World Book Day. A laudable enough idea but its degenerated into a bog-standard "go to school in fancy dress contest". Today I've seen about eight kids in full football kits, two stormtroopers, countless Spider-Men / Batmen and whole classloads of little girls dressed as 'Frozen'. Almost none have anything to do with actual books.
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

Flight taxes. Booked a flight for the better half to visit family in Houston with our daughter....came to just over £400...with the actual fare only being around £140.
Rocketron
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Tarbs wrote:Flight taxes. Booked a flight for the better half to visit family in Houston with our daughter....came to just over £400...with the actual fare only being around £140.
I think that's more American taxes than flight taxes.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 801 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Denbighammer wrote:World Book Day. A laudable enough idea but its degenerated into a bog-standard "go to school in fancy dress contest". Today I've seen about eight kids in full football kits, two stormtroopers, countless Spider-Men / Batmen and whole classloads of little girls dressed as 'Frozen'. Almost none have anything to do with actual books.
I got a full house on my FB news feed with "friends" posting pictures of their chavvy's dressed up.