Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby jastons on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Fireworks. I hate seeing my Dog being scared. I will get medication from the Vet but idiots set off fireworks from the end of September right through until the New Year.
jastons

Postby the celestial insect on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:19 pm

jastons wrote:Fireworks. I hate seeing my Dog being scared. I will get medication from the Vet but idiots set off fireworks from the end of September right through until the New Year.

Agree totally. I would ban them from public sale. It's madness to hand this stuff out freely to morons. I know a guy with cerebral palsy who has more than once had utter ****s throw fireworks at him in his wheelchair. I'm sorry if my suggestion makes me a killjoy, but tough. Go to a licensed public display.
the celestial insect

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:03 pm

the celestial insect wrote:Agree totally. I would ban them from public sale. It's madness to hand this stuff out freely to morons. I know a guy with cerebral palsy who has more than once had utter ****s throw fireworks at him in his wheelchair. I'm sorry if my suggestion makes me a killjoy, but tough. Go to a licensed public display.

Not at all. I'd ban them too. ****ing stupid things that scares the **** out of the cats and dogs.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Tenbury on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 am

Couldn't agree more.I once lived. @Northolt on the canal. Our mooring backed on to some temple or other. From early Sept till after New Year was like living in a war zone.
Tenbury

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:20 am

the celestial insect wrote:
Agree totally. I would ban them from public sale.

Its a yes from me. Ban them from public sale.

99% of the bellends that think its fun to let them off in public probably don't even know the history behind Bonfire/Guy Fawkes night.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 am

It is definitely time to ban the sale of fireworks to the general public. I'm amazed it still happens at all, given how sensitive we've become over here about the sale of anything potentially dangerous.

Special licenses should be made available to anyone wanting to put on a display, because trusting people to use them responsibly has never worked. Deeply antisocial.
DasNutNock

Postby screech on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 am

i've not heard a single firework yet this year
screech

Postby screech on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am

i think i may have posted about this in the past but morons that take a full trolley of shopping into the self service checkouts in the supermarkets.
self service should be for 10 items or less
screech

Postby Hammers Dad on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am

screech wrote:i think i may have posted about this in the past but morons that take a full trolley of shopping into the self service checkouts in the supermarkets.
self service should be for 10 items or less

I do this but then I use one of those gun things at Tesco so you can scan everything on the way round.
If all goes well and it doesn't ask for a service check, I am out in less time than someone with 10 items.
Hammers Dad

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 am

Edit
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby uptonparkhurst on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

DasNutNock wrote:It is definitely time to ban the sale of fireworks to the general public. I'm amazed it still happens at all, given how sensitive we've become over here about the sale of anything potentially dangerous.

Special licenses should be made available to anyone wanting to put on a display, because trusting people to use them responsibly has never worked. Deeply antisocial.

Hear, hear!
Every year they seem to get bigger,louder and fancier. I wouldn't fancy a spent rocket landing on my head..
uptonparkhurst

Location: An Alternate Reality of Evil Spells and worse spelling

Postby sendô on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am

Anyone who lets them off other than the allotted times on 5/11 or closet Saturday night should be punished with a rocket up the arse.
sendô

Postby EastBrisHammer on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:16 pm

My old neighbour used to throw fireworks under the trailer with his stock car on it just for laughs. ****ing idiot.
EastBrisHammer

Postby RichieRiv on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:54 pm

I like fireworks, especially going to a container on the A127 and doing a ton on things that go bang.
RichieRiv

Postby Mega Ron on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
Not at all. I'd ban them too. ****ing stupid things that scares the **** out of the cats and dogs.

You ****. He can't help that he has cerebral palsy.
Mega Ron

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Not at all. I'd ban them too. ****ing stupid things that scares the **** out of the cats and dogs.

Mega Ron wrote:You ****. He can't help that he has cerebral palsy.

You've lost me.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby smuts on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 pm

The absolute pile of ***** that is RAC Car Insurance. Words fail me how bad they are.
smuts

Postby Slacking student on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

Three things really. Two I despise and one I love

First one is letting myself get out of shape. I hate that I've gotten comfortable with someone and consequently put on a bout 10kg. Have made a promise to myself that I will be in decent shape again by Christmas.

2nd is how hard it is getting back into shape, utterly hate the process of losing it. So much easier to keep in shape than regain it.

3rd one is I love when I feel like I'm getting somewhere, feel so much better over the past couple of weeks as a result of eating healthier and working out again
Slacking student

Postby chigwells finest on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 pm

smuts wrote:The absolute pile of ***** that is RAC Car Insurance. Words fail me how bad they are.

I'm with them too, pretty dismal call centre and service
chigwells finest

Postby Monkeybubbles on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Slacking student wrote:Three things really. Two I despise and one I love

First one is letting myself get out of shape. I hate that I've gotten comfortable with someone and consequently put on a bout 10kg. Have made a promise to myself that I will be in decent shape again by Christmas.

2nd is how hard it is getting back into shape, utterly hate the process of losing it. So much easier to keep in shape than regain it.

3rd one is I love when I feel like I'm getting somewhere, feel so much better over the past couple of weeks as a result of eating healthier and working out again

I hear you, tubby.

I know that everyone will have a view, or advice, or counter advice, and you're going to get bored hearing it. But......

I had put on a bit of extra timber over the last few years, and about 3 months ago I started on the 5:2 diet. I love food more than life itself, but I actually found it a piece of cake :)

I've lost about a stone and a half, and now I'm totally awesome.
Monkeybubbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug