Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby fmgod on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Kids are like dogs to me though, I don't want your dog/kids anywhere near me, you look after them, keep them close to you etc couldn't care if little Timmy is being friendly or Garfield won't bite, I have no inclination to want them near me
fmgod

Postby EastBrisHammer on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

I don't mind kids and dogs, apart from the bitey ones.

Talking about dogs, a woman down the pub brings hers in and it pisses everywhere and she feeds it dog treats on top of the table (where people eat). I can't work out if she or the dog is smellier.
EastBrisHammer

Postby sendô on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Nothing worse than other peoples kids biting your hands and ****ting on the front lawn.
sendô

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm

the celestial insect wrote:My cat is more popular with the neighbours than I am, that's for sure.

We had 3 feral kittens born in our byre - I managed to tame two of them , the other went off with Mum somewhere and I never saw it again - the two that remained were brilliant cats , both were very good looking but the female was considerably so - everyone who saw her would comment on how beautiful a cat she was and as I'd been the one to befriend them they would follow me round the garden everywhere I went .

Next door [ to the right of us ] is a holiday house and one day a lady came round asking if our cat was mine [ '' she's so pretty '' ] as she was going to take it back home with her at the end of her holiday !!
'' Yes , she is mine and No you can't have her '' .

Anyway , subjects that annoy me - next door's hens - our neighbours are away just now taking their yacht back down to the Clyde - every day their hens come round pooing on my patio and my steps .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:37 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Anyway , subjects that annoy me - next door's hens - our neighbours are away just now taking their yacht back down to the Clyde - every day their hens come round pooing on my patio and my steps .

I'd be experimenting with 11 herbs & spices :twisted:
Dover KUMB fan

Postby EastBrisHammer on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:11 pm

sendô wrote:Nothing worse than other peoples kids biting your hands and ****ting on the front lawn.

And to make matters worse one did a white coloured turd!
EastBrisHammer

Postby sendô on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Doctors surgeries cancelling appointments and "closing for training".
sendô

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 am

sendô wrote:Doctors surgeries cancelling appointments and "closing for training".

its a legal requirement now that everybody has to have a certificate for just about everything , from boiling a kettle etc to opening a cupboard door . , we have to do this in our dental surgery and it takes 3/4 hours depending on course etc ., sadly we also have to cancel appts when doctors/nurses fall ill
chigwells finest

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:38 am

sendô wrote:Doctors surgeries cancelling appointments and "closing for training".

Those short games need work, and don't get me started on putting.
DasNutNock

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:43 am

^^^ I had to send the site blokes on a course back along, to teach them how to apply dusk masks properly.

They each returned with a certificate, which enabled them to wear a mask safely on a construction site...

Another fun course I had to send them on, was to ensure they could competently change/replace a disk on an angle grinder.

:thup:
somerset-hammer

Postby BalaamBoy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 pm

^^^
I've been out of the country too long.

What happens in the evening in Britain now that requires us to wear a mask? is it anything to do with the hourly terrorists' attacks?

(sorry Somerset, couldn't resist it - it's probably a west country thing then)
BalaamBoy

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:25 pm

That's why they are called a practise :wink:
ageing hammer

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:32 pm

I have been on an Full day electrical course which pretty much meant I was qualified to do nothing. (Level 7 for those sparkies out there)
The only practical thing we were shown & had to demonstrate was how to shut off a mains switch & apply a padlock to keep it shut off. However, I could not test for sure the power was off or indeed be so bold as to work on anything electrical beyond the switch as that was beyond the capacity of a level 7.
H&S has gone bloody bananas in this country
Dover KUMB fan

Postby EastBrisHammer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:42 pm

I think H&S is the same in most modern societies. Our German distributors have the same problems. Blame litigation.
EastBrisHammer

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:01 pm

So Dover's now qualified to shut off a switch and padlock it, but isn't allowed to check if it's the right switch :)
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:So Dover's now qualified to shut off a switch and padlock it, but isn't allowed to check if it's the right switch :)

You jest, but that's pretty much it. For donkeys we have had floors up, wiring up commando sockets etc when we installed new kit.....Not any more, we have to wait for one of the company sparkies.
Load of old cobblers.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby sendô on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:^^^ I had to send the site blokes on a course back along, to teach them how to apply dusk masks properly.

They each returned with a certificate, which enabled them to wear a mask safely on a construction site...

Another fun course I had to send them on, was to ensure they could competently change/replace a disk on an angle grinder.

:thup:

You jest, but if your lads work in an environment where they're doing things like cutting up stone etc and would be breathing it in all day every day, then that's an important course. You'd be amazed at how many people on site don't know how to do basic things like wear a dust mask properly - if you've not got the mask on properly then you might as well not be wearing it, and breathing in the dust from rocks day in day out is as bad for you lungs as chugging on an asbestos cigar long term - and as bad for the wallet of the company that was too tight to send them on the right course.
sendô

Postby sendô on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Anyway, I went to a cafe this morning and ordered a sausage sandwich. When it came up, it was cut into quarters.
sendô

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Did she serve it with a capri-sun and a packet of plain hula hoops?
DasNutNock

Postby sendô on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Might as well have come with a ****ing toy.
sendô

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug