Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by bubbles1966 »

Touchpads on laptops/chromebooks instead of a mouse. They leave my fingertips tender as though an attack of gout is imminent. :?
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1981 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

bubbles1966 wrote:Touchpads on laptops/chromebooks instead of a mouse. They leave my fingertips tender as though an attack of gout is imminent. :?
Might that be your body telling you something that we've all been meaning to say?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

The Christmas Tree outside Downing St.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Lazy delivery drivers. One the other day didn't even knock, just stuck a card through the door saying my parcel was "under car".

Good job it wasn't anything valuable.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

We had a delivery attempt by Hermes the other day, we were out, so he went to the village shop, who were shut and dumped it outside the front door. It's OK though, because he took a picture of it and sent it to me.. Useless ****
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

sendô wrote:Lazy delivery drivers. One the other day didn't even knock, just stuck a card through the door saying my parcel was "under car".

That is smart considering all the terrorist threats and attacks these days.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

sendô wrote:Lazy delivery drivers. One the other day didn't even knock, just stuck a card through the door saying my parcel was "under car".

hres a pearler,

expecting a delivery from a dental supplier , never turned up , so i called the firm who checked that it was signed for by a person called linda . we dont have a person called linda work here, so we complained
the driver said it was delivered perfectly ( although at that time we were closed)
driver said he went back to the place where he dropped of boxes and confirmed it was all ok .

pan forward 3 weeks still no parcels , so we got credited from the supplier.
then bingo

lady walks in from MACDONALDS

where the 2 boxes were delivered too

some people are just liars
chigwells finest

currys customer services. truly inept

ordered item at 6.50 am yesterday , had to cancel it 1 hour later and this was done via call at 8-05am

by 10 am they changed their minds and decided to send it , had 2 hours on the phone with them holding
being passed from one inept person to the other and being told different nonsense .

on the strength of this i wont buy another thing from them online
sendô

Post by sendô »

chigwells finest wrote: lady walks in from MACDONALDS

where the 2 boxes were delivered too

some people are just liars
I once had one from DPD try to deliver my parcel to the SCHOOL opposite my house.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Vodafone:

1 - their utter dogshit website - I have never in all my life used a major corporate website that is so utterly broken, unreliable and difficult to navigate. It has now decided that the account I've had with them for 5 years doesn't have a phone number associated with it

2 - their useless tech support; create me a new account, doesn't work; created another new account, doesn't work. Will take "3-5 days" for "expert support" to resolve.

3 - their staff with random subsets of knowledge about their products. Wanted to transfer my account to my daughter as (a) it's her phone and (b) she's now earning. Clown #1 says "not possible", clown #2 says "add her as additional person, at additional cost", clown #3 says "yes you can do it, but she has to ring in to confirm" - daughter rings in to find that doing this loses the ability to upgrade phone.

4 - their crap uncompetitive products. Specced up a package for my missus, repeatedly said it has to come in under £x, repeatedly given an offer which was well above £x (granted better content, but missus didn't need or want better content, she wanted a low cost line).
sendô

Post by sendô »

^ Three mobile like to ring me up every couple of months to congratulate me for being selected to be upgraded onto a package with more data, that of course costs more money, even though I don't use all my data each month anyway.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

A fair while ago, we got burgled. We were insured, so it was a pain, but no long term loss.

We then went away, for Christmas.

Stuck in the letterbox, half out, half in, was a note from a delivery driver, advising that they had repeatedly tried to deliver the replacement electrical goods (including the boy's wii etc), so they'd left it under the trampoline in the back garden.

Not only was the back gate left wide open, to go along with the note sticking out of our porch letterbox, but the boxes of electronic goods were taped up with luminous tape!
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Asshole one last week, after checking on monday as to where a delivery was , that was due the previous tuesday, we found it had been delivered , pic included in our recycle wheelie bin, no card left
The bin in question was at the end of the drive that day 30 foot away from the other bins as it was due to be emptied
Yep you guessed it the bin was emptied with delivery inside
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

All the macroeconomic and sociopolitical experts sharing their well-informed opinions about Brexit. You know the types - D in gcse maths, knee deep in personal debt, couldn’t find Belgium on map etc.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Going to Belgium next week for a few days, and shall be returning via Tabac XL , would be wrong not to
chigwells finest

i think i just need to be prescribed anti depressants
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

The moment the needle hits your nerve when having an epidural nerve block.

Yum.

:arry:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Ovo energy have changed their web portal and removed all the useful functionality from it. It used to have really clear usage data, nicely rendered charts etc. When I asked them why they told me their new site was an improvement, and the tools they used to have didn't work properly.

This is, of course, complete & utter bullsh*t. They just didn't want to make it easy for people to run comparisons on uswitch. C*nts.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Rich food, loads of lunches/dinners with customers/suppliers over the last few weeks, body is bleeurrggghhhh and it's not even Christmas yet, I might have to go and buy 43 boxes of rennies the way I am starting to feel, this getting old malarkey sucks!

On a plus side no weight on, although workout has dropped off a little due to eating ***** and not right fuel going in.

I am drinking gallons of water to compensate, just pissing like a racehorse is the downside.

Bring on a heavy weekend up West & football.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

People dicking about at cash machines