Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

whizza

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by whizza »

People who carry suit jacket or any jacket to be fair, over shoulder with one finger.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Monkeybubbles wrote:
The ever fragrant Mrs Monkeybubbles has become, frankly, insatiable. I am a husk of a man.
I don't suppose she fancies a weekend on Skye does she , to give you a break you understand ? :)
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

A dodgy 3.99 3 piece chicken meal costing me a days wages as it's given me a an iffy tummy and has to go sick. Felt like **** all day ffs.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ you don't get paid if you're ill? :shock:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Nope - only SSP until I've been there for 2 years.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

E7Iron wrote: Put the bloody thing between your legs you selfish tw@!
If I had a pound every time I said that to a woman
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Females, and the ****ing silent treatment they give out. Absolutely detest it yet that appears to be what I'm getting right now. Sorry for ****ing caring love
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by SxHammer »

Slacking student wrote:Females, and the ****ing silent treatment they give out. Absolutely detest it yet that appears to be what I'm getting right now. Sorry for ****ing caring love
When your married the silent treatment is like a luxury holiday.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Slacking student wrote:Females, and the ****ing silent treatment they give out. Absolutely detest it yet that appears to be what I'm getting right now. Sorry for ****ing caring love
My record for the silent treatment was three weeks. Apparently I was horrible to her in a dream she had :hush:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

The best cure for "the silent treatment" - go along with it, don't speak, don't engage and when they try and communicate say "I've no idea what you are angry with me about as you haven't told me!"

I usually follow up with "And now I am not speaking to you because you were angry with me about something I know nothing about!"

This usually get things going! :twisted:
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

The idea of FJ leaving the GD is an irritating little thing, to be honest. Would dearly miss his scabrous brevity and common-sense.

Elsewhere - calling 'little things that irritate you' "First World Problems". Tends to be done with a smug sense of 'hey I don't let little things like that get to me, my life's so perfect, get the way I'm in in control of what's important more than you are', coupled with a barely subliminal air of 'yeah just count yourselves lucky we don't live in the 3rd world...mmm that's right, I'm so in touch with the wider issues and social injustices that plague our planet on a wider level, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for being such pissants, unlike me'. I fully expect the phrase '1st World Problems' to be introduced in some Geldof-esque way by some Gary Barlow or the like soon in a mass fund-raising blitz aimed at, well, tax-payers.

Do one.

(NB After nearly 3 months without a cigarette, I don't really miss them at all, but it's clearly aggravating me on a disconnected level). #1stworldproblems.

Oh yeah, and finishing non-twitter (or twitter for that matter) posts with a # summation.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

^ I also find the overuse of hashtags very annoying.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

-DL- wrote:A dodgy 3.99 3 piece chicken meal costing me a days wages as it's given me a an iffy tummy and has to go sick. Felt like **** all day ffs.
Chicken shops with Kentucky Fried Chicken rip off names, particularly "Kennington Fried Chicken".

But KFC is a true guilty pleasure.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Friends, family and acquaintances that feel the need to tell you how much they earn whenever you see or speak to them, particularly when it's pretty obvious that the person they're telling is making far less. In extremely poor taste and achieves nothing good.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Vapists and driving. If you want to look like Thomas the Tank engine drive a steam train!

Vapist on the street walking along with plumes of sickly smelling vapour rising up and around them and don't want to breathe your ****.

I think I preferred it when they smoked.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

wolf359 wrote:I think I preferred it when they smoked.
Not me. If there's one thing I can't stand its walking behind someone who smokes and breathing in all their crap. It makes me want to just empty a bucket of water over them and tell them to f*** off and smoke somewhere else.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

KFC! How anyone can eat that ***** I don't know. Actually I've gone off fast food almost completely, expect for a Maccy D Milkshake or McFlurry!
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

DasNutNock wrote:Friends, family and acquaintances that feel the need to tell you how much they earn whenever you see or speak to them, particularly when it's pretty obvious that the person they're telling is making far less. In extremely poor taste and achieves nothing good.
They wouldn't want to tell you if they knew you were making more than them.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

DasNutNock wrote:Friends, family and acquaintances that feel the need to tell you how much they earn whenever you see or speak to them, particularly when it's pretty obvious that the person they're telling is making far less. In extremely poor taste and achieves nothing good.
Or just people who constantly mention money etc, just bores the life out of me
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

White Goodman wrote:They wouldn't want to tell you if they knew you were making more than them.
In which case, they're just boasting to make themselves feel good and to deliberately upset the person they're telling, which is thundercuntery of the very highest order. Fortunately, the older I get, the more readily I'm prepared to just cut people out, so there's a few more people going to get booted.
fmgod wrote:Or just people who constantly mention money etc, just bores the life out of me
True enough. All the truly successful people I know, the really minted types, wouldn't dream of talking about money. Seems to be the people that have just got their noses in front of the middle of the pack that seem most desperate to tell you about their new car, home improvements, bonus etc.