Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Hammertapp on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:54 pm

sendô wrote:Seriously though, leaving your house and wearing something resembling halfway decent attire only requries a modicum of self respect - are there really that many people out there that don't have enough to think that putting clothes on before leaving the house is a basic requirement?

Am I alone here?

Don't generally think about what I'm wearing when I'm popping to the shops, but i'll always at least stretch to trackies and a top...pyjamas is a bit 'having a life crisis-ey' for my liking.
Hammertapp

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
They're scam calls. They're trying to take control of your PC remotely and unsuspecting people have allowed them access to their bank details etc. I got a couple of calls and decided to wind them up. I ended up telling them they were scam artists and they are crap at it. Cue a string of abuse and lots of swearing in an Indian accent which I found hilarious. Next time they ring up and you have a spare 20mins I'd suggest you do the same. It's hilarious when they find out they've been rumbled.

I have had fun with them in the past, playing dumb whilst not doing anything they are telling me to do.

Today's caller experience wasn't good. I had paused spotify to answer the phone so put it next to my speaker, turned up to full volume and played them some Motorhead. 8-)
Hampshire Hammer

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:07 pm

warp wrote:you guys have landline phones?!?

We have elderly relatives who believe it or not can't seem to manage to phone mobiles, I have no idea what the difference is.
Hampshire Hammer

Postby wolf359 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Ofsted , there are in my place of work. Management (half who have not ventured out of their offices in months) dressed up like they are going to a wedding.

The whole process is pointless anyway.
wolf359

Postby White Goodman on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:
I kept calm, apologised and told her I would happily have let her out if she'd asked. "You won't be so ****ing clever when my boyfriend throws acid over you".

I apologised again and asked if that's what happened to her face. Took a photo of her number plate for good measure. Probably gonna get my head kicked in by some knuckle dragger, but it's worth it.

Is it bad that I hope she dies in a car crash? Fireball hopefully.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Location: Currently educating John Higgins on the UK Bribery Act

Postby pablo jaye on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Hampshire Hammer wrote:We have elderly relatives who believe it or not can't seem to manage to phone mobiles, I have no idea what the difference is.

My mother-in-law bought a mobile phone and then proceeded to rack up a huge bill after buying a mobile to call the missus and her sister on their mobile. She lives on the Isle of Man which as far as mobiles are concerned is classed as an international call zone. :eh:
pablo jaye

Postby irons88 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 pm

I've noticed it more and more recently, but people who start sentences off by saying 'so'.
irons88

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Having to go to a sh*t training course in b*stard town this week. Long walk, delayed train, long walk, 7 hours of trying not to fall asleep whilst a heavily perspiring man in an ill-fitting shirt who speaks English as third or fourth language talks about WAN optimization, long walk, very delayed train, long walk.

Complete sack of flange.
DasNutNock

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:37 am

DasNutNock wrote:Having to go to a sh*t training course in b*stard town this week. Long walk, delayed train, long walk, 7 hours of trying not to fall asleep whilst a heavily perspiring man in an ill-fitting shirt who speaks English as third or fourth language talks about WAN optimization, long walk, very delayed train, long walk.

Complete sack of flange.

Count yourself lucky, I'm in Manchester today and tomorrow for the IT Expo. Didn't want to go but our team has been assigned to go up there.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby fmgod on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 am

I hate pointless training courses or conferences, people go but it's a day off, yeah but I have to travel further that what I normally do, to listen a bunch of twaddle or people trying to sell stuff, it's much easier and productive going to work.
fmgod

Postby dave_l on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 am

irons88 wrote:I've noticed it more and more recently, but people who start sentences off by saying 'so'.

My Mrs started doing that. I soon picked her up on it and she's made a concerted effort to stop! Think she picked it up at work.

On a related topic - articles, titles of things that end with. "Here's how".
dave_l

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 am

fmgod wrote:I hate pointless training courses or conferences, people go but it's a day off, yeah but I have to travel further that what I normally do, to listen a bunch of twaddle or people trying to sell stuff, it's much easier and productive going to work.

Yup, complete waste of time & energy. I'd rather be in the office - took nearly 2 hours to get from door to door today due to train delays. Utter joke. This isn't even a product my company uses. I'd be tempted to sack it off and just go back to work, but I suspect that'd reflect poorly.
DasNutNock

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:32 am

irons88 wrote:I've noticed it more and more recently, but people who start sentences off by saying 'so'.

I said this many pages ago; still does my head in.

The other one that grips my s**t (and it seems to be mainly politicians) are the people that start their sentences with "Look", as if they're forcibly getting their point over in an instant.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:53 am

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Count yourself lucky, I'm in Manchester today and tomorrow for the IT Expo. Didn't want to go but our team has been assigned to go up there.

Sounds like my idea of hell.
DasNutNock

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 am

DasNutNock wrote:Sounds like my idea of hell.

I've seen the timetable for the two days and it is indeed hellish.

Highlight of day one - The opening keynote kicks-off at 10:00am with Mike Hobday from IBM Watson discussing the cognitive automation as a new business model.

Deep joy.

There's a bar there though so I may have to lose myself.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Arch Dandy on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I've seen the timetable for the two days and it is indeed hellish.

Highlight of day one - The opening keynote kicks-off at 10:00am with Mike Hobday from IBM Watson discussing the cognitive automation as a new business model.

Deep joy.

There's a bar there though so I may have to lose myself.

IP Expo?
Arch Dandy

Postby Monkeybubbles on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:The other one that grips my s**t (and it seems to be mainly politicians) are the people that start their sentences with "Look", as if they're forcibly getting their point over in an instant.

Ah yes, the Keown Gambit.

Translates as "I have nothing worth saying, but I want you to pay attention to me anyway".
Monkeybubbles

Postby fmgod on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 am

Soundcloud seems to have gone to nothing, just checked most played nothing, I recognise on there. Some of the songs not available in UK or just 30 second previews
fmgod

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

fmgod wrote:Soundcloud seems to have gone to nothing, just checked most played nothing, I recognise on there. Some of the songs not available in UK or just 30 second previews

I second this, used to love listening to soundcloud. Rarely bother now as it's all sh*t.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 am

Arch Dandy wrote:IP Expo?

Fraudian slip :oops:

Yesterday was an interesting experience. I was nearly arrested leaving the hotel by Manchester Police do their best impression of the Keystone Cops.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug