Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 pm

I feel a bit Pie key putting the bins out in just a pair of football shorts & bare feet. So going out in PJ's is a no-no for me.
Last edited by Dover KUMB fan on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby Hammers Dad on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Completing staff reports.
Pain in the proverbial.
Hammers Dad

Postby warp on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 pm

an important deadline in a couple of hours, most work done, not in a real hurry, and i can't be arsed to add the final details. i'd do it in nine minutes if the deadline was in ten!
:fsake:

i'll go take a dump.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 pm

warp wrote:^ totally, a few days ago she tried to send me a naughty selfie: i received pics of the dog, some bits of furniture and rars!

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:Didn't realise she had a wide-angle lens...

I'm bloody skinny, pal.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby James P on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Watching the snooker and I reckon 80% - 90% of the pots were shown from the camera above the pocket. I like the old fashioned table view. Need a better balance.
James P

Postby djclipz on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm

People that don't clear up after themselves.
djclipz

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:04 pm

I've had three calls today on our unlisted landline from "Microsoft support", all Indians that pretend they have an English name. The trouble is I do have genuine support calls open with Microsoft, they only have my mobile number, so I know how they are trained to open the call.

The first one, I responded that I worked for Microsoft so what did they want to say - they hung up.

The others I just told to **** off. The annoyance is the frequency of calls and how have they hit upon a number that we have only given to about 6 people, as we always give everyone our mobile numbers.
Hampshire Hammer

Postby warp on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 pm

hypocracy
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I've had three calls today on our unlisted landline from "Microsoft support", all Indians that pretend they have an English name. The trouble is I do have genuine support calls open with Microsoft, they only have my mobile number, so I know how they are trained to open the call.

The first one, I responded that I worked for Microsoft so what did they want to say - they hung up.

The others I just told to **** off. The annoyance is the frequency of calls and how have they hit upon a number that we have only given to about 6 people, as we always give everyone our mobile numbers.

They're scam calls. They're trying to take control of your PC remotely and unsuspecting people have allowed them access to their bank details etc. I got a couple of calls and decided to wind them up. I ended up telling them they were scam artists and they are crap at it. Cue a string of abuse and lots of swearing in an Indian accent which I found hilarious. Next time they ring up and you have a spare 20mins I'd suggest you do the same. It's hilarious when they find out they've been rumbled.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:.....................................

It's hilarious when they find out they've been rumbled.

The hilarity wears off pretty quickly when their autodialler calls you every twenty minutes for the next week as a thank you.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby warp on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:37 pm

you guys have landline phones?!?
warp

Postby Kludgehammer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:55 pm

I often get no reception at all on my mobile at home, so yes I have a landline.

I had a new scam call from India yesterday - their spiel was that they wanted to set me up with a new version of the Telephone Preference Service, which worked for international calls as well as UK! Sort of admired their cheek, while at the same time telling them to go **** themselves.
Kludgehammer

Postby sendô on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm

I can't remember the last time I responded to any call from someone I didn't know with anything other than a polite "**** off".
sendô

Postby WHU_Del on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:48 am

Kludgehammer wrote:I often get no reception at all on my mobile at home, so yes I have a landline.

I had a new scam call from India yesterday - their spiel was that they wanted to set me up with a new version of the Telephone Preference Service, which worked for international calls as well as UK! Sort of admired their cheek, while at the same time telling them to go **** themselves.

I've had that, and when I politely(-ish) told them 'No thanks', they told me they would report me to the police for harrassing them! :?
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Monkeybubbles on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:14 pm

warp wrote:
i'll go take a dump.

djclipz wrote:People that don't clear up after themselves.

:shock:
Monkeybubbles

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 am

Tim Farron and his insistence on pronouncing Brexit as "Breg-zit". Just **** off you non-entity.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby fjthegrey on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Ray Hudson.

An annoying, egotistical tosser who I cannot believe anybody employs. If I could surgically remove his larynx I would, without hesitation.
fjthegrey

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Is he the Geordie prick who goes OTT on everything in an American way? Presume he does it to play up to an American style audience.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby fjthegrey on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 pm

That's him.

Makes games unwatchable. Overhypes the most mediocre of actions. Talks utter b*llocks. Comes up with the most hollow, stupid similes. Basically makes the entire spectacle about him. ****ing hateful cock.

Obviously a **** player back in his day as well yet tries to relate everything to his pitifully underwhelming career.
fjthegrey

Postby Monkeybubbles on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Fat chavvy woman parked across the entrance to one of my garages this morning while she dropped her fat tick-like sprog off to the nearby school, despite the polite "no parking please, garage in constant use" signs. I use the garage to store tools and other stuff we use at work and I needed to get something out so, as there was nowhere else to park, I parked in front of her, blocking her in, while I rooted around to find the kit I was after.

When I came out, five minutes later, she was sitting in her car. She wound her window down..."Oi you cahhhhhnt, I've been sitting here for ages waiting for you".

I kept calm, apologised and told her I would happily have let her out if she'd asked. "You won't be so ****ing clever when my boyfriend throws acid over you".

I apologised again and asked if that's what happened to her face. Took a photo of her number plate for good measure. Probably gonna get my head kicked in by some knuckle dragger, but it's worth it.
Monkeybubbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug