Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

The battery dying in my car’s key. No problem, I’ll just use the key to open the door. Boom .. alarm goes off and it’s deafening. Funny thing is, the car starts and I drive off with the alarm blaring all the way home. It’s deafening but finally as I get out and lock the door, it stops. Thank f***.
That evening, the cat threw up blood so we had to take him to the emergency vet. Had an absolute nightmare trying to get him into the cat basket which I eventually launched into the street in a fit of rage as it wouldn’t clip together. Managed to find a box and get to the car - boom alarm goes off and it’s blaring all the way to the vets like a ****ing cat ambulance. Same again on the way home. Neighbours on the Shameless estate are going mental at the noise.

Had to go to the main dealer this morning to get a battery (wouldn’t normally but I read that sometimes you need to pair them up again with the car’s ECU). Cost me a tenner for a ****ing battery.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Cost me a tenner for a ****ing battery.
and a quiet life

:D
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

hammerdivone wrote:and a quiet life :D
That's the theory. No doubt there'll be another calamity tonight.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

All that ranting and it only cost you a tenner?

Pfft.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Is the cat okay?
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:The battery dying in my car’s key. No problem, I’ll just use the key to open the door. Boom .. alarm goes off and it’s deafening. Funny thing is, the car starts and I drive off with the alarm blaring all the way home. It’s deafening but finally as I get out and lock the door, it stops. Thank ****.
That evening, the cat threw up blood so we had to take him to the emergency vet. Had an absolute nightmare trying to get him into the cat basket which I eventually launched into the street in a fit of rage as it wouldn’t clip together. Managed to find a box and get to the car - boom alarm goes off and it’s blaring all the way to the vets like a ****ing cat ambulance. Same again on the way home. Neighbours on the Shameless estate are going mental at the noise.

Had to go to the main dealer this morning to get a battery (wouldn’t normally but I read that sometimes you need to pair them up again with the car’s ECU). Cost me a tenner for a ****ing battery.
Easy way to get a cat into something is to place it with it's backside to the entrance then use an empty butter tub and place in over its head. It will always walk backwards as it wants the thing off, therefore going in the carrier with no fuss! Just take off the butter tub once its in though!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

sendô wrote:All that ranting and it only cost you a tenner?Pfft.
And my dignity and my good standing with my neighbours.

I might have lied about the last bit.

and the first bit.
DasNutNock wrote:Is the cat okay?
Something wrong with it's pancreas apparently. Not sure what. It's costing us £450 so far :-(
claretandblue82 wrote:Easy way to get a cat into something is to place it with it's backside to the entrance then use an empty butter tub and place in over its head. It will always walk backwards as it wants the thing off, therefore going in the carrier with no fuss! Just take off the butter tub once its in though!
That may work on most cats, but unfortunately ours is the spawn of Satan and has already taken lumps out of my missus' arms (which I though was hilarious). I think if I put an empty butter tub over his head, he'd just attack me anyway. I think he hates both of us. Just like the neighbours do after the car alarm escapade.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:The battery dying in my car’s key. No problem, I’ll just use the key to open the door. Boom .. alarm goes off and it’s deafening. Funny thing is, the car starts and I drive off with the alarm blaring all the way home. It’s deafening but finally as I get out and lock the door, it stops. Thank ****.

Not got a second key then :lol:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Hang on, you spend £450 on a vicious cat and moan about £10 on a battery :?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

hammerdivone wrote:Hang on, you spend £450 on a vicious cat and moan about £10 on a battery :?
Cats > cars.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

DasNutNock wrote:Cats > cycles
sorted for you
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

hammerdivone wrote:sorted for you
Everything in the universe > you
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

I'll accept most things, but not everything e.g. Katie Hopkins, Spurs and parsnips (not necessarily in that order)
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

hammerdivone wrote:parsnips
I KNEW you were a wrong'un.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

When you quote Dan on this forum, it comes up that you've quoted Hammerdivone. :D
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Holding the door for people and:
A) the person not saying thank you or acknowledging you.
B) them not even taking the door so you're just left there holding the door looking like a fool.

Also as many people have mentioned Fireworks. The scared the bejesus out of my cats this year. They are house cats so they were not even outside. People were setting them off in the backs of terraced housing, there's not enough room!

Also hammerdivone you don't like parsnips? They're great!
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Im with Hammerdivone.

Parsnips are disgusting. Ive thought this ever since primary school when I was dished one onto my plate and munched it up thinking it was a roast potato, only to spit it out all over the table resulting in a clip round the lughole from the dinner lady.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Parsnips are nice roasted and honey glazed but the amount of honey has to be right. I don't mind them as part of a vegetable medley either...

hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Parsnips are the vegetable of the devil.

Anyone who likes them must be a child of the devil
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

This is quite a big irritation.....

The comments being left in the GD about David Moyes before he became our manager.

Some people think we're actually bigger and better than we really are and that Moyes isn't good enough for us. :lol:

My god, the modern football fan eh?