Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by chigwells finest »

dadgum thing

GGMS
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

chigwells finest wrote:dadgum thing

GGMS
Yep what an absolute ****.

Massive virtue signalling bull****. It's the assumption that someone wants the unsolicited opinion of an utter no mark that winds me up.

I bet Ariana Grande feels much better now.

This sort of thing is why I hate social media.

I have a "friend" who lost his leg in a motorbike accident. His own fault basically.

He wrote a social media post the other day talking about how he wrote a letter to David Cameron a few years back asking that the latest prosthetic limbs be available on the NHS.

As of last week it appears to have happened finally and he wrote a 5 paragraph post which ended with the words

"Quietly proud of myself"

No , quietly proud of yourself would have been to not alert your 432 friends.

Having lost a leg has not made him any less of a cock.
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Bus stops just before a set of traffic lights where the bus at the bus stop has to turn right at. No fun for the bus driver or the motorists caught up in the ensuing traffic carnage that follows, more crap road planning.....
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

delbert wrote:Bus stops just before a set of traffic lights where the bus at the bus stop has to turn right at. No fun for the bus driver or the motorists caught up in the ensuing traffic carnage that follows, more crap road planning.....
Forest Gate station on the 308 is a prime example of this, and then the poor driver has to do the same on Stratford Broadway!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

People mentioning politics on Facebook constantly, don't mind once in a while but because the dunce from school says and shares constant party material and videos, I'm going to vote for them, go away
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

delbert wrote:Bus stops just before a set of traffic lights where the bus at the bus stop has to turn right at. No fun for the bus driver or the motorists caught up in the ensuing traffic carnage that follows, more crap road planning.....
Another mention if Forest Gate on Romford Road at the junction of Woodgrange Road. 58 Bus has to maneuver across 2 lanes of traffic to turn right onto Woodgrange Road. Madness!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

fmgod wrote:People mentioning politics on Facebook constantly, don't mind once in a while but because the dunce from school says and shares constant party material and videos, I'm going to vote for them, go away
Get off Facebook. It really is a pile of *****. Not been on it for about a year now. Don't miss it one little bit.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
Get off Facebook. It really is a pile of *****. Not been on it for about a year now. Don't miss it one little bit.
3 years clean this month.

Couldn't care less, what people I went to school with nearly 20 years ago are up too.

Couldn't care less that your kid just farted for the first time.

Couldn't care less that you just took a dump at work

Couldn't care less how many times you've been to the gym today.

Couldn't care less what diet you are on now.

I'm in contact with everyone I want to know.

I don't like people, I'm a grumpy unsociable ****

:D
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Facebook is OK.
I have family all over the place and it's easy to keep in contact.
However, anyone who irritates me gets removed (so far one sister and one sister-in-law)
Much easier than worrying about what they post
Patito

Post by Patito »

fmgod wrote:People mentioning politics on Facebook constantly, don't mind once in a while but because the dunce from school says and shares constant party material and videos, I'm going to vote for them, go away

And it really does seem to be the dunces from school that share posts like these non-stop.

Some recent nuggets:

"Jermyn Corbin opens his campaign with some woman who plays a transvestite in coronation street !! If somehow he wins this country is screwed "

" Anyone who votes Labour makes me (sickface emoji) "

" Diane Abbott some's up Labour and Jermaine Corbin - a complete and utter joke #tory #labour "
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Kludgehammer wrote:
It's already affecting the private sector. I know 2 people in my current place who have been totally reamed by HMRC over it. They are going after large companies with lots of contractors, and it's expected to get a lot worse next year
Without the detail its hard to judge, some people who are employed as contractors are playing the system. For example two people in the government department I work in left the civil service one week and joined the next week as contractors doing the same job. One of them then did that job for at least 6 years before leaving in March when he realised that he was going to get caught in the latest clampdown. IMO those are exactly the type of contractors that should be deemed inside IR35.

I know a few people who have been caught over the last few years, most of those had been in the same role for years so it is easy to see why they were caught.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Hammers Dad wrote:Facebook is OK.
I have family all over the place and it's easy to keep in contact.
However, anyone who irritates me gets removed (so far one sister and one sister-in-law)
Much easier than worrying about what they post
I always wondered where they got that phrase from, my cousin once removed :D
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

And no **** even considers letting you out, so you have no choice but to block off all the lanes as soon as there's a gap - so once the lights change to green for straight ahead and left, nobody is going anywhere because (in the eyes of the public at least) some **** in a bus is blocking the road.

Don't moan at us, moan at the planners that caused the situation in the first place...
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Get off Facebook. It really is a pile of *****. Not been on it for about a year now. Don't miss it one little bit.
Agree. I stopped using it several months ago and my mood is definitely better. It's not just that you get a mob mentality on there, but there's something strangely isolating and dehumanising about 'social' media.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Facebook became big whilst I was at Uni.

I managed to resist it in the initial phases with relative ease. Don't have it now and won't. Basically never meet anyone my age who isn't on it though.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

I beg to differ, your pal is less of a cock by the sum of one limb.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Estuary wrote:I beg to differ, your pal is less of a cock by the sum of one limb.
nah, it seems he's doing his best to compensate.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Estuary wrote:
I beg to differ, your pal is less of a cock by the sum of one limb.
Very true.
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

-DL- wrote:
And no **** even considers letting you out, so you have no choice but to block off all the lanes as soon as there's a gap - so once the lights change to green for straight ahead and left, nobody is going anywhere because (in the eyes of the public at least) some **** in a bus is blocking the road.

Don't moan at us, moan at the planners that caused the situation in the first place...
That's exactly where my moanism is aimed at mate. It must be done deliberately as another way to cause congestion as not even the most gormless piece of shitwit could fail to see what a stupid place it is to bung one. They've only got to move them back a few metres to make every ones life easier.
Anyway, you're on the inside, can't you slap some sense into the cretins and remind Livingston ain't the mayor any more, so they're allowed to let the traffic flow now........ .
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

No point Delbs - they are too busy laughing at the mess they've created with the 'improvements' in Lewisham to take any notice of me...