Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

Guns 2 Roses, at £5 a pop, were a lot more like 88-92 Guns n Roses than Guns n Roses.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

You lot are reminding me why I hate gyms so much.

And people seem to forget about exercising in moderation. All my friends that exercise regularly have some recurring ache or pain or bad backs. Exercising can be dangerous. My neighbour does weights and he looks like a ****ing melted Popeye. I try to walk as much as possible (avoid using the car for short journeys and walk every lunch time) and go for a run or bike ride now and then. Seems to do the trick.
Patito

Post by Patito »

EastBrisHammer wrote: All my friends that exercise regularly have some recurring ache or pain or bad backs. Exercising can be dangerous. My neighbour does weights and he looks like a ****ing melted Popeye.

They're doing something wrong then :)
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Patito wrote:They're doing something wrong then :)
They probably are but I think a lot of people do get exercise wrong. Most people push themselves too early and never get over the initial injuries that they incur.

I'm too lazy to do regular exercise apart from walking but I don't see the need to get anymore in shape than I am. As long as I don't end up like our Business Manager - she can barely walk to the post box 50 yards away without huffing and puffing.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Guns 2 Roses - another superb cover band. They actually rattled off a couple of AC/DC numbers at the end of their set too, exceptionally well. Whole Lotta Rosie and another I cannot quite remember.

Oasiz at the Cauliflower in Seven Kings around 10-12 years ago was a banger.

I'd like to see Roxy Magic at some point but it seems they only tend to do gigs around the West London/Berkshire area
Patito

Post by Patito »

EastBrisHammer wrote:
They probably are but I think a lot of people do get exercise wrong. Most people push themselves too early and never get over the initial injuries that they incur.
You're right there!
EastBrisHammer wrote: I'm too lazy to do regular exercise apart from walking but I don't see the need to get anymore in shape than I am. As long as I don't end up like our Business Manager - she can barely walk to the post box 50 yards away without huffing and puffing.

Walking is a great form of exercise in my opinion, your business manager doesn't sound too dissimilar from our finance controller who fuels himself with Monster drinks all day.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
I'd like to see Roxy Magic at some point but it seems they only tend to do gigs around the West London/Berkshire area
You would think they would do more than this, they must surely get tired of the same old scene :wink:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

What the f*** is "cultural appropriation"?

Is that merely a smug way of banning white people from doing "black" stuff?
Patito

Post by Patito »

sendô wrote: What the **** is "cultural appropriation"?

Is that merely a smug way of banning white people from doing "black" stuff?

Seemingly so, summed up by the following quote from that article: "Jesy, hun, I love you, but please take this down or write an apology. It may have not been thought about at the time, but this is cultural appropriation.

"I'm not hating and you do look beautiful, but this hairstyle isn't meant for you."

Why isn't it "meant for" her? I think dreadlocks look stupid in general but ****ing hell you can't just reserve the hairstyle for a certain race.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I think the thing to take away from all this is the reminder that white people, especially white blokes, with dreads look like complete helmets.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

All dreads look ****, as does manky unwashed hair in general.
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Not that I like dreads but you lot sound like a bunch of old bastards. Reminds me back in the late 80s when my mum complained that I didn't look like the nice lads that go to the wine bars. The same lads that liked to jump some one and kick their head in.

Ageing

Oh yeah? If There is Something you should take from all of this, is that All I Want is You to never post again.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

EastBrisHammer wrote:Not that I like dreads but you lot sound like a bunch of old bastards. Reminds me back in the late 80s when my mum complained that I didn't look like the nice lads that go to the wine bars. The same lads that liked to jump some one and kick their head in.
I am an old b*stard, but doesn't mean I'm not bang on the money when I say whitey should keep clear of dreads. Not for cultural appropriation reasons, I couldn't care less about that. It's just that they look like such utter c*nts.
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

It's all about opinions Dan (although I do agree with you on this one). Still think shiny suited, long shoed, football haircut businessmen wannabees is the shitest look. Followed by grey haired, spectacle wearing, grey looking businessmen. I worked in the city of London for a bit and these sad people drained the life out of me.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I work in an office full of 20-something grads that someone's told to "dress for the job you want, not the one you have". Presumably, they all want to work as sales assistants in TM Lewin.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Ageing

Oh yeah? If There is Something you should take from all of this, is that All I Want is You to never post again.
Rars

Don't stop the dance,your not a jealous guy, forget these foolish things, we need to stick together.

ageing hammer wrote: Rars

Don't stop the dance,your not a jealous guy, forget these foolish things, we need to stick together.
Solo effort! Boom!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

DasNutNock wrote: "dress for the job you want, not the one you have".
Do people actually say stuff that in the 'corporate world'? I find it vomitworthy and completely off-putting. I've seen ads for business teaching jobs abroad that ask you to state your 'salary on starting your last post' and 'salary on leaving your last post' and 'highest salary you expect to earn in this post'.

It's a watered-down version of the kind of thing you'd be asked when being checked out as a partner in a high-powered law or investment firm, but they think they can apply it to any mickey mouse position. :evil: