Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

southbrishammer wrote:You can kind of guess though when someone says they went to school in Kinshasa and their first job was dinner lady in 1974.
How did you manage to see Mega Ron's CV?
Samba

Post by Samba »

We all remember some of the really hard, physical labour jobs that used to exist but would now be ruled as illegal to do, owing to modern H&S laws.
What about all of those poor f***ers whose spines & bodies, were crippled & ruined by doing those jobs?
If those jobs are now illegal to do now, e.g carrying 50kg's of something on your back, all day long, shouldn't they automatically now (if they are still alive), receive some sort of compo for having had to do work, once upon a time, that is now too dangerous, to be physically allowed to do?
It's all just swept under the carpet now, as if it never happened & yet some peoples lives & consequently their families lives, were ruined or shortened.
Sawing up sheets of f***ing asbestos for instance, FFS.
Not as bad as it was but we're still, all just cannon fodder, aint we?
Samba

Post by Samba »

Oh & groups of people silently 'praying' outside abortion clinics can f*** right off, as well..

I've gotta stop drinking so much coffee, even if it is instant..
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Samba wrote:Oh & groups of people silently 'praying' outside abortion clinics can f*** right off, as well.
Pretend to be locked out of your car, & go in asking if you can borrow a coat hanger. They get upset by that for some reason.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

DasNutNock wrote:Getting a puncture on the way to work. Fortunately, happened near the office, so I walked it in then fixed the puncture in the car park. Which worked brilliantly, right up until I inflated the tyre, and broke my bike pump.

A few swear words were emitted this morning, and no mistake.
And another f*cking puncture this morning. Fortunately, I'd fixed my pump and stuck on a new inner tube. No doubt it'll go again on the way home...
southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

My daughter got a comic which came with a free jewellery box; on the lid is printed "Excuse me while I be fabulous".

I can't work out if this is ok grammatically or not. "Excuse me while I'm being fabulous" sounds better, but I'm not sure whether what they have printed is actually wrong or just sounds wrong.

It'll disappear forever under her bed in a couple of days, but in the meantime it's bugging the hell out of me.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Slacking student wrote:
https://civilservice.blog.gov.uk/2015/1 ... -comments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically remove any information that could identify yourself to the recruiter

So you remove any reference to
• name or title
• educational institution names
• age or gender
• email address
• postal address or telephone number
• nationality or immigration status

Annoying when some of those are an advantage being a white, educated male
That sounds moronic enough to have come from the civil service, how are they supposed to contact the applicant to inform them how they've got on? :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

Samba wrote:What about all of those poor f***ers whose spines & bodies, were crippled & ruined by doing those jobs?
If those jobs are now illegal to do now, e.g carrying 50kg's of something on your back, all day long, shouldn't they automatically now (if they are still alive), receive some sort of compo for having had to do work, once upon a time, that is now too dangerous, to be physically allowed to do?
It's all just swept under the carpet now, as if it never happened & yet some peoples lives & consequently their families lives, were ruined or shortened.
If the companies that employed them doing such activities are still trading, and if it can be proven that these activities have led to medical problems later in life, and it can be proven that said companies did not adequately plan and protect their employees (particularly after 1974), then yes they can sue.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

southbrishammer wrote:My daughter got a comic which came with a free jewellery box; on the lid is printed "Excuse me while I be fabulous".
It seems in this day and age it's trendy to intentionally misuse grammar, or make up words, as if doing so makes you a trend setter. It's, like, totes fleek or something.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Samba wrote:We all remember some of the really hard, physical labour jobs that used to exist but would now be ruled as illegal to do, owing to modern H&S laws.
What about all of those poor f***ers whose spines & bodies, were crippled & ruined by doing those jobs?
Agree. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to prove / redress in some cases. I don't know the stats, but I'd expect this is a greater problem in areas where work was traditionally heavy industry, mining, manufacturing, as so on. Which also happens to be areas where these avenues of employment have died out and half decent jobs are scarce.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Samba wrote:We all remember some of the really hard, physical labour jobs that used to exist but would now be ruled as illegal to do, owing to modern H&S laws.
My back permanently ruined from my bricklaying days, specifically from building with 9-inch concrete blocks. They weighed over 40kg which doesn't sound much but when you're throwing them up all day long, it soon takes it toll, especially when building walls over head height. I had heard rumours that they'd been banned but I've seen them on sale for private use. I'm not the only one who's suffered too, I've spoken to a fair few ex-bricklayers and hod-carriers who've suffered in a similar way too.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

My manager having the hump with me for something not work related and trivial. He finished work before me yesterday night and has had the right ****hole that I didn't get the train with him.

I don't mind so much him having the hump with me, he just has it with everyone. Silent treatment for the whole team.

Still the pettiest thing today had to be when it was my turn to make the tea for us all, I put his down, he picked it up and walked directly to the sink and chucked it away.

He's acting like a child, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

bondsbootlaces wrote:My manager having the hump with me for something not work related and trivial. He finished work before me yesterday night and has had the right ****hole that I didn't get the train with him.

I don't mind so much him having the hump with me, he just has it with everyone. Silent treatment for the whole team.

Still the pettiest thing today had to be when it was my turn to make the tea for us all, I put his down, he picked it up and walked directly to the sink and chucked it away.

He's acting like a child, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
He sounds like an utter helmet. Have you asked him why he's acting like an utter helmet?
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

DasNutNock wrote:
He sounds like an utter helmet. Have you asked him why he's acting like an utter helmet?
Someone his level asked him in very similar words ("why you being a prick?"). They got ignored too.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

bondsbootlaces wrote:Still the pettiest thing today had to be when it was my turn to make the tea for us all, I put his down, he picked it up and walked directly to the sink and chucked it away.
"this time i didn't even piss in it..." would have been a nice reply!
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

The sort of feral scum who think its ok to buy drinks,sit in the car with them, then open the door and stand the
empty paper cups on the ground and drive away. Allowing the cups straws etc to blow around particularly galling in the countryside where I live. If i wasn't such a coward I would gladly ram them down there scummy throats until they choke to death.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Smart phones, I got my first one today after my very old flip top Samsung died and I fuckin HATE it. the swipey screen, full colour , camera and feckin torch in the back, too many options piece of sh1te.

Where's me pigeon?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ tied to half a coconut.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

:D :D

No strings attached.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

People who, when waiting for a train's doors to open, say, on the left of the doors, then walk across everybody else, to go and grab a seat on the right of the doors.

Some idiot did it today and got all wound up after having a phone he was gawping at knocked out of his hand.

We all want to sit down after a day's work - if that was what he'd been doing - but barging past/into people and getting all precious about a mobile...

Irritation.