Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

badabing wrote:Smelly people. Ok, I know it`s hot and if you are doing some physical work then you may sweat a bit, that`s fine, nothing wrong with a bit of honest sweat.. But some people out there, you just know its yesterdays sweat. Which means you haven`t bothered to wash, or change your shirt, or probably a combo of both.
You get down wind of these people and it`s enough to make your eyes water. Have some personal pride, buy some soap and deodorant, and don`t go out in public smelling like Satans crease.
Trouble is badabing, some of them don't even realise.

The lovely Ms. Eggs is a health care assistant at Epsom hospital and some of the patients she has to deal with do suffer from mental and social problems and are therefore incapable of looking after themselves when it comes to such things as personal hygiene.

Mind you, you're right. There are still plenty of capable smelly f**kers out there!
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Samba wrote:Wimbledon.
:asleep:
You do know there's proper sport on, don't you?
Although you do get to see saucy young madams like Camila Giorgi wearing very little and sweating a lot!
Much preferable to watching tarts like Neymar rolling about.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

When I was in college I had an evening job working in a Laundry that supplies sheets and towels for hotels, so it was all big industrial cleaners, driers and ironing presses, during the summer months it was unbearably hot, and I was on one machine, next to a BIG lady, who had a fan directly in front of her, she stank like rotting road kill on a hot day, and I had to work the entire shift with her stench being wafted in my face, 6 weeks I lasted.

I honestly don't think my nostrils ever recovered.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Taking over 3 hours to get home, a journey that normally takes an hour at most. First the QE2 Bridge was shut, so diverted to the Blackwall, only for that to be shut to when I got within about 400 yards of it. Finally escaped the jam and went through the Rotherhithe tunnel
Baron Von Marlon
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Baron Von Marlon »

7 o'clock kick offs.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

strips of staples that are about 5 staples too long for the stapler
you have to snap a few of every time
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Over friendly, upselling staff in coffee shops. Yes, I am fine today, but no I am not 'your lovely', no I don't want to pay 20p more for the Colombian blend regardless of the fact we are playing Colombia tonight, no I don't want any pastries with that. Maybe the queue wouldn't be so ****ing long if you just took people's orders and cut the b*llocks.
Last edited by Hammer1972 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

somerset-hammer wrote:When I was in college I had an evening job working in a Laundry that supplies sheets and towels for hotels, so it was all big industrial cleaners, driers and ironing presses, during the summer months it was unbearably hot, and I was on one machine, next to a BIG lady, who had a fan directly in front of her, she stank like rotting road kill on a hot day, and I had to work the entire shift with her stench being wafted in my face, 6 weeks I lasted.

I honestly don't think my nostrils ever recovered.
Some men would like that.

I used to know someone who liked his girlfriend to wear knickers made of synthetic material in hot weather.
S-H

Post by S-H »

the celestial insect wrote:
Some men would like that.

I used to know someone who liked his girlfriend to wear knickers made of synthetic material in hot weather.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

It's really hot in here today Celestial, I've just had my lunch and I could really have done without reading that!
swash

Post by swash »

Thanks for that Somerset, I just started laughing like a madman in the middle of the office :D
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I was on a bus once going back from the airport to Muswell Hill.

The entire journey was tainted by this real disgusting smell and I, like every other passenger, assumed it was this old, homeless looking, dude.

He gets off the bus at the same stop as me. I get on the next bus and can smell him again. Just my luck I thought.

It was only when I couldn't see him that I realised the smell was all the different types of cheese I'd brought back from France.

it didn't smell as bad to me after that
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Toothache.
Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow. Receptionist said 2:30 and really didn't understand when I said that's appropriate.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

the celestial insect wrote:Some men would like that.
Sounds like a wrong 'un..
S-H

Post by S-H »

Sam Allardyce on TalkSport telling us that England need to change their system and should be doing this and that.

f*** off fat head!
swash

Post by swash »

Ha, this must be killing the rotund one, no doubt if by some miracle we actually win the ****ing thing, he will claim that we would have won it with him in charge as well
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

The worst thing about last night:

The combination of The England Band and Glenn Hoddle on co-commentary. Was like someone swinging a bag of cats against a wall for over two hours.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Drivers of certain German cars who cannot admit when they have ****ed up and instead lean out the window swearing.

This morning a line of cars are behind some parked cars waiting for the other way to be clear. The guy at the front decides sod it and pulls out. The car already coming through has to slam on the breaks and the bell end squeezes through that narrowest of gaps shouting profanities at the woman that had to slam on the anchors.

An ambulance is racing down the road so the traffic pulls to one side except for a twat in a BMW who races around them, swearing, before entering the Tesco car park at 40 mph.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Harry Kane's face!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

People who openly boast about how fast they drive, how much they break the speed limit, and how they're still perfectly able to drive after smoking loads of weed. It's as if it's never occurred to them that their behaviour is grossly antisocial and that they may be talking to someone whose life has been altered by any of those things.

Overheard some of the young salestwats in the kitchen earlier, roaring with laughter as they discussed their drive into the office this morning after last night's skinful, bragging how they were all still well over the limit.

Twats.