Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by claretandblue82 »

The thought of the Prince Harry's baby having a ginger afro!
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

claretandblue82 wrote:The thought of the Prince Harry's baby having a ginger afro!
Why does that irritate you?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

A pregnant woman (3-4 months tops) asking someone to give up their seat on the Central Line this morning to travel 1 stop. :x
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

The fact his Dad won't be there to celebrate the day.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Happyhammer52 wrote:The fact his Dad won't be there to celebrate the day.
:lol:
Tenbury
Has liked: 728 likes
Total likes: 1226 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Full on sycophantic shitstorm in the news re the ginger Nazi and some septic bird.

I 'll wager that the clients at next Sunday night's homeless kitchen will be ****ing beside themselves with joyful celebration.
Tenbury
Has liked: 728 likes
Total likes: 1226 likes

Post by Tenbury »

[quote="Tenbury"]Full on sycophantic shitstorm in the news re the ginger Nazi and some septic bird.

ironically he's probably the only one of that lot that isn't a bit German.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I'll be booking a tee time the second the date's announced.

If I can get through.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I wonder who did the chasing? Harry or Meghan?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

claretandblue82 wrote:The thought of the Prince Harry's baby having a ginger afro!
Wes Brown?
Etonhammer
Location: Laid on the floor seeing 'Jesus saves' painted by an atheist nutter
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Etonhammer »

Tenbury wrote:Full on sycophantic shitstorm in the news re the ginger Nazi and some septic bird.

I 'll wager that the clients at next Sunday night's homeless kitchen will be ****ing beside themselves with joyful celebration.
That's what we need.....more perspective :wink:
Etonhammer
Location: Laid on the floor seeing 'Jesus saves' painted by an atheist nutter
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Etonhammer »

Or dig out ' the people who grinned themselves to death' by the Housemartins
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Getting pressure from both sides of the family to spend Christmas with them when all the wife and I want is a quiet day at our gaff with the kids. My sister's family is close to divorce and they want us to join them at our parents to help moderate everyone's behaviour, my wife's family have just announced theyre jetting in from Kenya and Indonesia and want us to join them for a day of extreme noise from their mental, feral children.

I made an agreement with my wife years ago that we wouldn't become one of those families that insists on ruining the day for the kids, who really just want to spend the day at home eating and playing with their toys. We both grew up in families where we'd all have to put on "smart" (uncomfortable) clothes and go visit extended family we didn't like to watch them open their presents and be on double best behaviour around tedious starchy grandparents.

Why do so many people turn into utter cretins at Christmas?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Hmm, I always had the square root of bugger all family as a kid. Christmas was the rents, me nan, me and my brother and that was it. Every year. I always wanted to have a bigger family to spend Christmas with.

I guess I dodged a bullet.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

DasNutNock wrote:Getting pressure from both sides of the family to spend Christmas with them when all the wife and I want is a quiet day at our gaff with the kids. My sister's family is close to divorce and they want us to join them at our parents to help moderate everyone's behaviour, my wife's family have just announced theyre jetting in from Kenya and Indonesia and want us to join them for a day of extreme noise from their mental, feral children.

I made an agreement with my wife years ago that we wouldn't become one of those families that insists on ruining the day for the kids, who really just want to spend the day at home eating and playing with their toys. We both grew up in families where we'd all have to put on "smart" (uncomfortable) clothes and go visit extended family we didn't like to watch them open their presents and be on double best behaviour around tedious starchy grandparents.

Why do so many people turn into utter cretins at Christmas?
The only time I step out of the house Christmas Day is if the daughter has to go to work.
Just me and the family that day, the rest can wait til Boxing Day
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

My family are cool as ****. None of that nonsense for me. I'm free, easy and liquid the entire season and they don't mind at all.

Must be really frustrating to not have that. Put the foot down I reckon mate, agree to something on boxing day. Don't compromise the day if it's legitimately what your family wants.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:Hmm, I always had the square root of bugger all family as a kid. Christmas was the rents, me nan, me and my brother and that was it. Every year. I always wanted to have a bigger family to spend Christmas with.

I guess I dodged a bullet.
That's all I ever wanted, just my parents and sister and me watching telly and eating, without any of the stress involved whenever we were with my mum or dads family, my dad's in particular. It got to the point where I used to volunteer to go into work at Christmas, waitering at a hotel restaurant, so I had a legit excuse for avoiding them. Bit tragic for a 16 year old to have to resort to that.

I have almost no good memories of Christmas. Just stressed parents yelling at me too stop playing with Lego and go and put my new jumper on so we could drive over to my uncle's cold, miserable house to be shouted at again.
Last edited by DasNutNock on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

fjthegrey wrote:My family are cool as ****. None of that nonsense for me. I'm free, easy and liquid the entire season and they don't mind at all.

Must be really frustrating to not have that. Put the foot down I reckon mate, agree to something on boxing day. Don't compromise the day if it's legitimately what your family wants.
That's the plan. Just us 4 and the cat. Telly, games, food and a jar or two at the local. It's also our first Christmas with 2 kids.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2608 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

DNN - just do what you want to do. We've given up trying to accommodate everyone as inevitably someone gets arsey and upset - we have a discussion (me, missus and two teenage kids) and do what we want on Xmas day and leave the visiting/hosting until after Xmas, This year, I am 50 at Xmas so we are going away on hols.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Meh, we're with the MIL, with both of her sisters, plus one's bf. Her brother never comes, because he gets hen pecked into going to her family both Christmas Day and Boxing Day every year. We decided it's easier having someone else cook dinner with the newborn around.

Boxing Day we're round my parents, a far easier day, and around 6 we'll make our excuses. :thup: