Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Rocket »

It upsets me that she's married to Paul Peschisolido. He always seemed like such a good bloke.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Rocket wrote:It upsets me that she's married to Paul Peschisolido. He always seemed like such a good bloke.
I hope that when they move house he doesn't let her get involved. We know what she is like dealing with that sort of thing!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:All over the GD she is referred to as Mrs Brady.......and she isnt. She's Mrs Peskyslydildo.
You do know that it is not illegal to not take your husbands name when married but still call yourself Mrs don't you?
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

hammerdivone wrote: You do know that it is not illegal to not take your husbands name when married but still call yourself Mrs don't you?
It is however irritating when in the case of my missus, she still goes by her previous married name. (Been married 11 years now). Obviously becoming a Jones is too common.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: It is however irritating when in the case of my missus, she still goes by her previous married name. (Been married 11 years now). Obviously becoming a Jones is too common.
She obviously still wishes she was married to her previous husband. Sorry
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

hammerdivone wrote:People who cough without putting a hand over their mouths

People who sneeze without sneezing into a tissue

People who sniff all the bloody time instead of blowing their nose
Sneezes can happen anytime though, and sometimes quite unexpectedly. Like with an allergy. There's always the chance you don't happen to conveniently have a tissue in your hand. I once did a very sudden explosive one in the street and covered the back of someone's suit in snot. He never noticed, and I certainly didn't want to say anything. I'm sure someone kindly told him about it when he got to work though.

I also do the persistent sniffing thing if there's someone with a big arse sat next to me on the bus and not leaving me with enough personal space. It annoys them after a while and they move.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

So it's okay then to sneeze snot over someone, right oh!
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

hammerdivone wrote:So it's okay then to sneeze snot over someone, right oh!
No of course not, that's why I didn't say anything. Just saying that some sneezes can be very very sudden.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The price of beer. ****ing hell
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Football matches that start at lunchtime. Ought to be against the law - earliest permissible kick off should be 3PM (2 Pm on Sunday)
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: No of course not, that's why I didn't say anything. Just saying that some sneezes can be very very sudden.
Similar experience, but only sneezed into my hand. Did not have any tissue so hand, so had to wipe offending material on to the bottom of the seat without getting aught. Felt awful, but he-ho...
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

Motorways being closed after a little bit of snow / frost. The transport system in this country grinds to a hault every winter, it's a joke.
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:
Similar experience, but only sneezed into my hand. Did not have any tissue so hand, so had to wipe offending material on to the bottom of the seat without getting aught. Felt awful, but he-ho...
If you hold up to the light and spread your fingers it looks like stained glass windows, very pretty.......
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

jastons wrote:Motorways being closed after a little bit of snow / frost. The transport system in this country grinds to a hault every winter, it's a joke.
Add the idiots that can't drive in said conditions and thats one of the reasons everything comes to a halt.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Add the idiots that can't drive in said conditions and thats one of the reasons everything comes to a halt.
This.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

People moaning about the weather 'in this country', specifically it being a bit cold and windy.

I mean, who'd have thought it? A country in the Northern Hemisphere, in Northern Europe, in the North Sea, just south of Iceland, gets a little bit chilly? Amazing.

I bet the same people moan that beaches are a 'bit too sandy'.

Bellends.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

DrVenk wrote:People moaning about the weather 'in this country', specifically it being a bit cold and windy.

I mean, who'd have thought it? A country in the Northern Hemisphere, in Northern Europe, in the North Sea, just south of Iceland, gets a little bit chilly? Amazing.

I bet the same people moan that beaches are a 'bit too sandy'.

Bellends.
:thup:
Well I'm enjoying it - I've booked Friday off so I can do a bit of winter walking in the Dark Peak.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I cycled to work in the cold, pissing rain this morning. Hats off to all the lorry drivers who ignored the highway code to make sure I was absolutely soaked by puddles as they splashed through them, several inches from my right pedal.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Gearing myself up to go for a lunchtime run in the snow, & my ankle giving out 1.5KM in. :x
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:Gearing myself up to go for a lunchtime run in the snow, & my ankle giving out 1.5KM in. :x
I had a run home from work the other day (10Km) and I got a stitch after 100 metres. Still hurting when I collapsed through the front door.