Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

DasNutNock wrote:
Video footage, apparently. She's probably right, anyway - my car's in a state at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if the wind did pull something out of my car. I'm not disputing I was "guilty" of accidental littering, but I'm annoyed they didn't just tell me it happened or give me an opportunity to pick it up. I just saw someone else in town being given a ticket for something or another as I walked back to the office. They're obviously having a big push to rake in some cash at the moment.

I agree , first thing that should have happened was ' Can you please pick that piece of paper up , sir ? ' then if you'd refused or given her abuse she could have used the fine option . I'm forever chasing a plastic bag or some shop receipt or other when we open the car doors up here as 9 times ot of 10 it's blowing a gale .

Money making scheme .

I once witnessed a bloke walking along the streets of Inverness drop a a whole quarter pound burger he'd just bought from Macdonalds onto the floor [ by accident ] , he shrugged his shoulders and carried on walking .
I was too gob-smacked to say anything . That and he was twice my size .
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Had a letter from Virgin this morning "Great news! We're increasing your monthly bill by £3 a month!!!!". Called them up to see if that's the best deal they can offer me, they confirmed it is. I asked why a new customer can have the same package, but for £7 a month less. They had no clear answer (though obviously, it's to get new business).

Told them I want to cancel, and will resubscribe on the new customer tariff when they've processed my cancellation request. She was absolutely astonished. "But you'll have to send back your router and we'll send you a new one!". Told them that was fine, if they wanted to enforce such ludicrous and wasteful restrictions.

Winds me up that they rely on inconveniencing their customers to bump up prices. Doing this will save me at least £84 over the next 12 months.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

That reminds me. I need to ring up Virgin and cancel.

It'll be all the more interesting as when I phoned up in May to cancel, they offered me money off for 3 months if I stayed, but promised that I would not be signed up to another 12 months.

When I checked the other day, they've signed me up for another 12 months.

I'm pretty sure my statutory rights would allow me to cancel the DD with no recourse should they prove uncooperative.

Either way, they can f*** off if they think I'm going to continue to pay £84 a month for their ****.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

New school year and a load of new school mums ****ing up the street near my house for an hour or so in the morning. By the end of the year it is a lot better as they figure what not to do, but this time of year christ...

Drove passed 2 crashes on my way out today, the only highlight was the driver of the X5 who had gone into the backside of a crappy people carrier. She was stood crying her eyes out down the phone while the other mum just stood staring at her.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:continue to pay £84 a month for their ****.
Can’t interest you in any magic beans, can I, Jack?

Why on Earth were you paying them that sort of money? My 100mb link is going to £35/month from £32 (unless I can sort myself a new client deal, when it’d be £28).
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

DasNutNock wrote:
Can’t interest you in any magic beans, can I, Jack?

Why on Earth were you paying them that sort of money? My 100mb link is going to £35/month from £32 (unless I can sort myself a new client deal, when it’d be £28).
All depends on what package you have innit?

We've got the full works indoors. Every ****ing channel under the sun, internet and phone (that's her majesty not me) and it's around a hundred quid a month. Total joke. I'd get rid of the lot but she pays that bill so let her crack on.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

EBay customer operatives. Had to contact them again yesterday as they put a restriction on my account as I haven't registered for VAT as I live in Canada. I've told them on numerous occasions that I've been a UK resident since Dec '16 and do I have to change any settings and was always told there wasn't any need. It suited me still having a Canadian account as I got free listings which I don't in the UK. About a month ago my account was blocked, sent them photographic evidence of my UK address, changed my personal settings, it took them over a week, 5 conversations with 5 different operatives and nearly 4 hours and each time I have to repeat the same stuff to each one despite 'give me 1-2 minutes to read the transcript' they must have a drink in that time because they start off at the same point with the same opening question each time, same again yesterday with 3 different people and they all act as if we're best mates, I don't contact to see how they are! Tossers.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

DasNutNock wrote: Can’t interest you in any magic beans, can I, Jack?

I wasn't. It was something like £57 a month for phone/broadband/TV/BT sport.

My original contract ended and they upped it to £84. I phoned them up to cancel and they offered me numerous discounts to not leave and to be reviewed after 3 months, I think I was paying £48 the last few months. Suddenly I log on and I'm in a new contract.

I'm cancelling the lot, TV is crap anyway and most of what we watch is freeview. I only really want it for the sport.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Taking a chance on a bloke and giving him a job, only for him to miss 2 of the 5 days this week, and late for the other 3. Bye Bye.

Trying to find, good reliable tradesmen in the construction industry is nearly impossible, in this day and age.

Lazy c****
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

......that Kim Jong Un clearly infiltrates this site. How else has my thread about North Korea mysteriously disappeared ?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Puff Daddy wrote:......that Kim Jong Un clearly infiltrates this site. How else has my thread about North Korea mysteriously disappeared ?

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=172996
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

somerset-hammer wrote:Taking a chance on a bloke and giving him a job, only for him to miss 2 of the 5 days this week, and late for the other 3. Bye Bye.

Trying to find, good reliable tradesmen in the construction industry is nearly impossible, in this day and age.

Lazy *****
This reminds me of something a little similar (not construction). A friend of mine interviews and hires for their company so they interviewed someone for a job, offered said job and the interviewee accepted and signed contract etc. They then never turned up for the first day. Is this type of thing common? :D
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Installed a new washing machine today. Returned home to discover it hopping around the kitchen. Wife didn’t think to switch it off so the levelling feet are now all smashed. She went to collect our daughter from school while I tried to mend it and she just phoned to tell me she’s crashed the car.

Great news!
The Old Man of Storr

DasNutNock wrote:Installed a new washing machine today. Returned home to discover it hopping around the kitchen. Wife didn’t think to switch it off so the levelling feet are now all smashed. She went to collect our daughter from school while I tried to mend it and she just phoned to tell me she’s crashed the car.

Great news!
I hope she's ok - cars can be fixed - do you have one of those courtesy car insurance ?

It could have been worse .

My wife has been driving to Inverness then Elgin every day for the past three weeks - two weeks ago a car overtook a bus on a bend and narrowly missed our car then last week a French tourist overtook on a bend and was coming directly at our car , if it hadn't been for Jen's quick thinking in swerving right then left the French woman would have hit her and so would the car that she had overtaken - our son was very badly shaken as was my wife - the tourist just drove off , didn't bother stopping or anything . It's that time of year up here I'm afraid .

As long as your wife is fine then it's only a hunk of metal , it can be fixed .

Best Wishes to you all .
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Aye, no major biggie in the grand scheme. She’s pretty upset, though - the other driver started shouting at her, apparently. Understandable, I guess, but still a bit unnecessary.

Car is a mess, but can be fixed. Just could do without all this needless bloody expense. <sigh>
The Old Man of Storr

DasNutNock wrote:Aye, no major biggie in the grand scheme. She’s pretty upset, though - the other driver started shouting at her, apparently. Understandable, I guess, but still a bit unnecessary.

Car is a mess, but can be fixed. Just could do without all this needless bloody expense. <sigh>

I know I know , it's a bummer and I'm sorry to hear that the other driver was so unreasonable , no amount of shouting is going to bring either car back to its original state , what sort of bloke shouts at a woman after she's been in a car collision anyway ! ****hole .

Cook her a nice meal tonight , reassure her that everything will be ok and that it's only money . You'll get more of it before too long .

Take Care .
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:Installed a new washing machine today. Returned home to discover it hopping around the kitchen. Wife didn’t think to switch it off so the levelling feet are now all smashed. She went to collect our daughter from school while I tried to mend it and she just phoned to tell me she’s crashed the car.

Great news!
Don't worry about the car, it can be fixed, just try not to mention it in front of your wife's friends at every opportunity.
With regard to the washing machine, you took the transit brackets off right?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Algarve Hammer wrote:you took the transit brackets off right?
What kind of c*nt forgets to take them off?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

They should have labelled the b*stard things, rather than making them look like a normal part of the machine.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

What a stupid c*nt.