Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

Having to go to a sh*t training course in b*stard town this week. Long walk, delayed train, long walk, 7 hours of trying not to fall asleep whilst a heavily perspiring man in an ill-fitting shirt who speaks English as third or fourth language talks about WAN optimization, long walk, very delayed train, long walk.

Complete sack of flange.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:Having to go to a sh*t training course in b*stard town this week. Long walk, delayed train, long walk, 7 hours of trying not to fall asleep whilst a heavily perspiring man in an ill-fitting shirt who speaks English as third or fourth language talks about WAN optimization, long walk, very delayed train, long walk.

Complete sack of flange.
Count yourself lucky, I'm in Manchester today and tomorrow for the IT Expo. Didn't want to go but our team has been assigned to go up there.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

I hate pointless training courses or conferences, people go but it's a day off, yeah but I have to travel further that what I normally do, to listen a bunch of twaddle or people trying to sell stuff, it's much easier and productive going to work.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

irons88 wrote:I've noticed it more and more recently, but people who start sentences off by saying 'so'.
My Mrs started doing that. I soon picked her up on it and she's made a concerted effort to stop! Think she picked it up at work.

On a related topic - articles, titles of things that end with. "Here's how".
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

fmgod wrote:I hate pointless training courses or conferences, people go but it's a day off, yeah but I have to travel further that what I normally do, to listen a bunch of twaddle or people trying to sell stuff, it's much easier and productive going to work.
Yup, complete waste of time & energy. I'd rather be in the office - took nearly 2 hours to get from door to door today due to train delays. Utter joke. This isn't even a product my company uses. I'd be tempted to sack it off and just go back to work, but I suspect that'd reflect poorly.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

irons88 wrote:I've noticed it more and more recently, but people who start sentences off by saying 'so'.
I said this many pages ago; still does my head in.

The other one that grips my s**t (and it seems to be mainly politicians) are the people that start their sentences with "Look", as if they're forcibly getting their point over in an instant.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Count yourself lucky, I'm in Manchester today and tomorrow for the IT Expo. Didn't want to go but our team has been assigned to go up there.
Sounds like my idea of hell.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

DasNutNock wrote:Sounds like my idea of hell.
I've seen the timetable for the two days and it is indeed hellish.

Highlight of day one - The opening keynote kicks-off at 10:00am with Mike Hobday from IBM Watson discussing the cognitive automation as a new business model.

Deep joy.

There's a bar there though so I may have to lose myself.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I've seen the timetable for the two days and it is indeed hellish.

Highlight of day one - The opening keynote kicks-off at 10:00am with Mike Hobday from IBM Watson discussing the cognitive automation as a new business model.

Deep joy.

There's a bar there though so I may have to lose myself.
IP Expo?
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: The other one that grips my s**t (and it seems to be mainly politicians) are the people that start their sentences with "Look", as if they're forcibly getting their point over in an instant.
Ah yes, the Keown Gambit.

Translates as "I have nothing worth saying, but I want you to pay attention to me anyway".
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Soundcloud seems to have gone to nothing, just checked most played nothing, I recognise on there. Some of the songs not available in UK or just 30 second previews
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

fmgod wrote:Soundcloud seems to have gone to nothing, just checked most played nothing, I recognise on there. Some of the songs not available in UK or just 30 second previews
I second this, used to love listening to soundcloud. Rarely bother now as it's all sh*t.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Arch Dandy wrote:IP Expo?
Fraudian slip :oops:

Yesterday was an interesting experience. I was nearly arrested leaving the hotel by Manchester Police do their best impression of the Keystone Cops.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: I said this many pages ago; still does my head in.
The other one that grips my s**t (and it seems to be mainly politicians) are the people that start their sentences with "Look", as if they're forcibly getting their point over in an instant.
You can add "Let's be clear" to that. (Again,mostly politicians)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

"They turned around and said..." is a bugbear of mine, like ll these people do a full 360 spin before venturing an opinion.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Or 5 minutes into being told the most dull tale ever, "Anyway to cut a long story short"
'Er indoors is good at this one.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

hazard lights on cars being the same colour and flashing at the same speed as indicators
it bugs me when a car is parked in a bay on the high st and puts its hazards on, now to on coming traffic it looks as if the car is indicating and waiting to pull out
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

screech wrote:hazard lights on cars being the same colour and flashing at the same speed as indicators
it bugs me when a car is parked in a bay on the high st and puts its hazards on, now to on coming traffic it looks as if the car is indicating and waiting to pull out
Do what everyone else does, ignore them !
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

High rising terminals. They are so infuriating?
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

"I'm not being funny but" is another annoying one. Although to be fair they are usually correct, they wasn't funny.........