Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:DNL, sorry to hear that mate, but he really needs to disclose all. Without being a harpinger of doom, it could be something you & your siblings should look out for in yourselves that is hereditary. I hope it isn't, & it all works out for you.
Yup. He's being a tit, and I'm not very impressed.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Christmas songs (not hymns).
I heard The Pogues, 'Fairytale..' yesterday, for the first time, this year. Twice & once today.
Of course, it's a decent song & it's with the much missed Kirsty but, how many times do we have to hear it every year? When it's not that, it's Jonah bleedin' Lewie or any of the other tedious songs which only get played, this time of year.
If you only ever write one song, make it an Xmas one. You'll be getting royalties for life, even if it's s**t.
Poor shop workers must be on the verge of going postal by Christmas day..
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

I know a bloke in a pearl jam tribute band and they do a great version of fairytale
Samba

Post by Samba »

Samba wrote:Wait 'til we've got f**king flying drones delivering stuff. F**k knows where stuff will end up going then.
Items marked 'left on roof'.
Just heard, Google will be testing these in Finland, next year.
So, pretty soon after you click, buy, your purchase will be literally, winging it's way to you, maybe within minutes.
Get your hard-hats ready..can't see that ever going wrong..
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Just unknowingly stuffed a rose flavoured chocolate in my gob.. vile!!
Samba

Post by Samba »

Fancying a cheeky choc or ten from the xmas roses/heroes/quality st/celebrations tub, without anyone else in the house knowing, but taking the tight-fitting lid off is SO noisy, that everyone knows exactly what you're doing...
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

The fuss been made over O2 having network problems. You would of thought the world was ending. I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

claretandblue82 wrote:The fuss been made over O2 having network problems. You would of thought the world was ending. I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.
We use O2 at work, and it's kind of entirely vital that I have mobile data at all times, otherwise I can't do my c*nting job. If it's not fixed before the weekend, I'll be unable to leave the house, because I'm On Call, and won't be able to work remotely.

However, yes, for c*nts who can't get to their instagram pages, yes they can eat one.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Apparently, TFL relies on O2 data network for bus stop data. That's a bit of a rubbish design dependency. One without a BCP, by the look of it. Still, the cuntsultant who designed it won't mind, because he'll already have been paid his millions.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 942 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote: Still, the cuntsultant who designed it won't mind, because he'll already have been paid his millions.

.......... I'm not bitter... :lol:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Not in the slightest, but it doesn't mean I'm not aware how major IT projects are sh*tted up from start to finish.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

claretandblue82 wrote: I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.
Have you got change for the phone box?

Well maybe more a 60's 70's thing.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

The O2 thing isn't about coping back in time as our ****ing jobs then were not so tied into having a mobile ****ing ****y device...

Yes, I am one of those being affected, 02 = bunch of c****, well for today, I usually get on alright with them...

O2 can suck my balls today....
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

I see the CEO of O2 has dropped Ericsson as the 3rd party to blame.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

claretandblue82 wrote:The fuss been made over O2 having network problems. You would of thought the world was ending. I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.
I pay a small fortune each month to be able to use a service , surely the least I can expect is to actually use that service?
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

People demanding compensation for a network outage.

One post on the O2 twitter was complaining about being unable to complete a 7 day run on Pokemon (whatever that means). Wanted 3 months free data as compensation.

What is the world coming to.

Im sure O2 will compensate those who have had their living affected by this but Jesus Christ, get a grip.
V-M

Post by V-M »

jastons wrote: I pay a small fortune each month to be able to use a service , surely the least I can expect is to actually use that service?
**** happens, networks go down. Its provided as a service but I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose and believe me, when they say they are trying to fix it then they will be.

How much of a small fortune do you actually pay? Divide it by 30, then by 24. That's roughly how much you pay for that service by the hour. Now just multiply that by the amount of hours you've been without that service and there's the figure you should be asking for.

For example...

I pay O2 £11 a month on a sim only deal. 11/30 = .36p per day. .36/24 = 0.015p per hour. if it goes down for 15 hours then that 15 x .015 = about 22 and a half pence.

Dont think I'll bother.

Seriously, we are turning into Americans.
Samba

Post by Samba »

mixture wrote:Im sure O2 will compensate those who have had their living affected by this but Jesus Christ, get a grip.
You do realise that legions of people haven't been able to take multiple selfies today, tweet earth-shattering messages AND they've actually had to talk to other people. The poor ba*stards.
I think we should all have a minutes silence for all of their pain today.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

jastons wrote:
I pay a small fortune each month to be able to use a service , surely the least I can expect is to actually use that service?
You probably pay f*** all to use the service as Mixture has demonstrated below.

You're paying a small fortune for your handset most probably, which is perfectly usable, just with a slightly reduced functionality when you're out the house...
V-M

Post by V-M »

Going back a few years we used to get the odd power cut, not that often but a few times a year. We used to light a few candles, laugh a lot and maybe get a board game out until the lights came back on. Either that or just go to bed early and sleep until the sun came up.

Basically, treated electricity as a luxury of modern life and dealt with it when it wasn't available.