Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by chigwells finest »

i dont agree with you , the lawyer did his job , the police or cps didnt , he was worth the fee because he got his client the result , which grates with the majority of us , but we have to accept it. we would all try to do the same , if placed n the same posiion[/quote]

I wouldn’t, and using petty technicalities to protect people who consider themselves above laws that are there for everyone’s safety is a grotty way to make a living.[/quote]

this is where i'm coming from , 4 years ago i lost my licence as i totted up 12 points, all my fault so i have no complaints , however as a chauffeur/cab driver thats a pretty hard setback ! , the Magistrate at Basildon CC, said it wasnt going to affect my life enough to allow me a reprieve , so i stared at them is disbelief and took the
knock on the chin , it cost me £ 3.5 k to try and save my licence/living and had i of known i was really wasting my time at Basildon county court , i would not have bothered , appealing and getting further involved with solicitors/barristers etc.

a week later , i think either jermaine defoe/ and/or flintoff both escaped the same fate arguing that it was too harsh a penalty for them to lose their licences which would affect their charity work :-)

i'm irked that beckham got off , the famous nearly always do , however to label the lawyer in the way that you did is unfair and in my opinion wrong .
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:He's not the first to have got off because of that, and he won't be the last.
The fourteen day requirement is as much part of the law as keeping to the speed limit. The fault lies one hundred percent with whoever has the job of issuing the summons.
Very true.
And most people (us) normally wouldn't have a clue about these technicalities & would just pay up & say, it's a fair cop. Having fought quite a few parking pcn's, I did know about the 14 day thing.
To be honest, I'm not that bothered that he got off, we ALL now know about that particular loophole, IF it happened to us. That just happened to be a dead cert that the liar, sorry, lawyer knew would work.
If the thing had been sent in time, no doubt Mr L would have just tried the next 'get off', on the list. Like cf said, he probably would have got off anyway, because of all of his 'charidy work'.
Beckham just irritates me, anyway!
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Whoever is responsible for sending the summons late should be charged with wasting police time.
stouffer
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by stouffer »

There is a thread on pepipoo about the Beckham case,with someone involved in the defence taking part.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

stouffer wrote:pepipoo.
What's that, then?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

What my nephew says about Pepper Pig normally.

Bad food, beer, snacking - had 3 days on the couch (Ryder Cup), no gym, out Fri/Sat night at restaurants so rich food, plus wine/beer. I feel like a bag of ***** this morning, amazing how bad/too much food and doing f*** all for 3 days ****'s up your system. Lots of water & clean food to get me back on track over the next couple of days.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:What my nephew says about Pepper Pig normally.

Bad food, beer, snacking - had 3 days on the couch (Ryder Cup), no gym, out Fri/Sat night at restaurants so rich food, plus wine/beer. I feel like a bag of ***** this morning, amazing how bad/too much food and doing **** all for 3 days ****'s up your system. Lots of water & clean food to get me back on track over the next couple of days.
:eh:

TBF, I've never heard Pepper Pig saying any of that. Splashing muddy puddles, yes. But FA about 3 days on the couch and watching golf..
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I have very limited knowledge of pepper pig, not sure what the pig says in truth :D

My PP bit was to Dan saying what is "Pepipoo" I should have added ^^^ nephew is 3, so I don't think he is a big fan of PP, well, that's my take on it.
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

sendô wrote:Din't Beckham get off because the speeding notice, by law, has to be served within 14 days, and it arrived a day late?
I'm trying to get off a fine in Spain using a similar excuse...………..only they had a year to send the fine and couldn't manage it.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

The guy at work who is incessantly either drumming his fingers or tapping his feet pretty much 8 hours a ****ing day.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Eggchaser wrote:The guy at work who is incessantly either drumming his fingers or tapping his feet pretty much 8 hours a ****ing day.
This is me I'm afraid
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Eggchaser wrote:The guy at work who is incessantly either drumming his fingers or tapping his feet pretty much 8 hours a ****ing day.
Try listening to this and NOT tapping your feet:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stouffer
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by stouffer »

Pepipoo is a forum for fighting motoring related finespenalties and private parking charges.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

stouffer wrote:pepipoo.
DasNutNock wrote:What's that, then?
stouffer wrote:Pepipoo is a forum for fighting motoring related finespenalties and private parking charges.
It's a site that you might have gone on Dan, to see if anyone else had fought (& won), a case similar to your recent heinous crime of letting a hurricane wind blow a little bit of paper out of your parked car that went on to kill all sorts of wildlife in the oceans, you utter menace.
Ordinary people, some of whom know a great deal about the TSRGD & other official publications, who give their laymans advice for free.
I say for free; I see a lot of posters on there frequently getting VERY patronised by 'experts'.
It can help to get you off though, although I think that you already got rid of the issue. Which has already saved you a lot of stress.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Sounds potentially quite handy, will bookmark, although I try not to habitually infringe on the laws of the land.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

DasNutNock wrote:Sounds potentially quite handy, will bookmark, although I try not to habitually infringe on the laws of the land.
Unless its a copyright law....
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Hammer1972 wrote:Unless its a copyright law....
That's a victimless crime.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

DasNutNock wrote:
Nonsense.

Tell that to anyone who has downloaded The Emoji Movie for their kids....
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

DasNutNock wrote:
Like punching someone in the dark

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Or buying drugs.