Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

fmgod wrote:People who rush to be the first off trains and then proceed to walk slowly
People who get on trains before everyone gets off, utter , utter cretins, should be banned from public transport for a week until they learn some manners
Same with drivers. Desperate to pull out in front of you, then drive as if they're leading a funeral procession.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Missing out posting on page 1000. I'll try again when we reach 2000!
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

fmgod wrote: People who get on trains before everyone gets off, utter , utter cretins, should be banned from public transport for a week until they learn some manners
Byelaw offence. A few £1000 fines would concentrate a few minds.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

When you are driving and there's a bicycle coming the other way, so the oncoming drivers think that because their side of the road is occupied they can just pull out into yours forcing you to slow down or veer towards the kerb.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Hammer1972 wrote:When you are driving and there's a bicycle coming the other way, so the oncoming drivers think that because their side of the road is occupied they can just pull out into yours forcing you to slow down or veer towards the kerb.
Yes, I am clearly in need of a refresher on the Highway Code. I wasn't aware that oncoming traffic has right of way in both lanes.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

The Overlook wrote:Sports Direct. What a place.

I only popped in to get some sock tape, but Jesus Christ, it felt like a lot longer.

Kids running round, crying babies... No ****ing staff.

Awful.
And if there's one decent hoodie in the shop, it's bound to be hung up 12 feet off the floor
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

Sock Tape?

Tape for socks, maybe? Er, um, for when your socks needed to be taped?

I give up. What in God's name is sock tape?
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

People who pronounce template as templit. I don't care if my colleague is talking to Americans, you can always hear it over all the talk of the office. Sounds forced, sounds stupid and bloody annoys me :lol:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

devonshire flu wrote:Sock Tape?

Tape for socks, maybe? Er, um, for when your socks needed to be taped?
Football sock tape dude. Very common.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Hammer1972 wrote:When you are driving and there's a bicycle coming the other way, so the oncoming drivers think that because their side of the road is occupied they can just pull out into yours forcing you to slow down or veer towards the kerb.
Audi or BMW?
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

fmgod wrote:People who rush to be the first off trains and then proceed to walk slowly
People who get on trains before everyone gets off, utter , utter cretins, should be banned from public transport for a week until they learn some manners
Yep, totally agree. And specifically, people who don't make room for you to get off the train as they wait to get on. Either they stand directly in front of you blocking the exit, or they stand to the very side in which direction everyone leaving that doorway will be heading (even when it's obvious there's only one exit). The door opens and they just stand motionlessly impeding you, staring at you as if you shouldn't be getting off the train at all; could understand it on the basis of people being a-holes, because the selfishness and above-mentioned 'lack of self awareness' of people sadly doesn't surprise me anymore. But all they do is hold themselves up from getting on the train as well as hindering those trying to leave. Turds, utter turds. And they vote...
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

delbert wrote:Audi or BMW?
Don't forget Range Rover!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Yep, totally agree. And specifically, people who don't make room for you to get off the train as they wait to get on. Either they stand directly in front of you blocking the exit, or they stand to the very side in which direction everyone leaving that doorway will be heading (even when it's obvious there's only one exit). The door opens and they just stand motionlessly impeding you, staring at you as if you shouldn't be getting off the train at all; could understand it on the basis of people being a-holes, because the selfishness and above-mentioned 'lack of self awareness' of people sadly doesn't surprise me anymore. But all they do is hold themselves up from getting on the train as well as hindering those trying to leave. Turds, utter turds. And they vote...
A mate of mine in work just barges into them. He's got into untold arguments with people who've gotten in his way. He's ex-army. Zero ****'s given.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

delbert wrote: Audi or BMW?
I have a BMW.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

People who say "ain't" instead of "isn't".
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Innit!

(that's a way of saying 'I agree')
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:The door opens and they just stand motionlessly impeding you, staring at you as if you shouldn't be getting off the train at all
Have you ever noticed that these ones always have luggage as well, reducing the space on the platform even more.
The Overlook
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by The Overlook »

fjthegrey wrote: Football sock tape dude. Very common.
:thup:
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

OK. Got it. Football sock tape. Very common.

When I played football (back when everything was all black and white), we tied shortened bootlaces at the top of the calf, then folded the socks down over them.

This worked like a dream - your socks simply couldn't fall down (unless your name was Liam Brady).

So I'm guessing that people now go to sports direct to buy a specific tape product that does the same thing.

This is a (very) little thing that irritates me - we re-invent the wheel?
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Hammer1972 wrote:
I have a BMW.
You need to up your game then mate, BMW drivers have a reputation to uphold...... :)